
Soontreeya Lanta: Your Lanta Island Paradise Awaits (Koh Lanta, Thailand)
Soontreeya Lanta: Paradise Found… Mostly. (A Messy, Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe a little Pad Thai) on Soontreeya Lanta. This place… well, it’s an experience, a chaotic symphony of tropical bliss and… well, let’s just say the occasional speed bump. I'm gonna give you the real deal, the stuff the glossy brochures conveniently leave out.
(SEO & Metadata Bonanza: Don't worry, I got you!)
- Keywords: Soontreeya Lanta, Koh Lanta, Thailand, Lanta Island, Hotel Review, Accessible Hotel, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurant, Beachfront, Family Friendly, Wi-Fi, Clean, Safety, Food, Relaxation, Best Hotels Lanta, Luxury Lanta, Affordable Lanta
- Meta Description: A brutally honest review of Soontreeya Lanta in Koh Lanta, Thailand. We dive into accessibility, food, amenities, cleanliness, and everything in between. Find out if this island paradise truly lives up to the hype!
Getting There & Settling In (Accessibility… a Mixed Bag)
First things first: getting to Koh Lanta. That ferry ride? Let's just say I'm not the best sailor. But the reward, the moment you see the resort, is…wow. Honestly stunning. Seriously. The architecture is gorgeous, a blend of modern and traditional Thai.
Now, for the accessibility stuff. This is where things get… interesting. Accessibility: They claim "Facilities for disabled guests," but I'm not exactly sure what they entail! No specific mention of ramps or elevators, and honestly, it looked like you might need decent mobility to navigate the place. The grounds wander down towards the water, so I’m guessing some areas are only doable with assistance. A big question mark here.
Checking in was surprisingly easy. (Contactless Check-in/out) smooth sailing at a breeze. The staff? Super friendly. (Front desk [24-hour]) Always ready with a smile, even when I was clearly struggling to understand the Thai-English translation of my request for a "really good massage, please." We will get to that massage, folks, we will.
(Rooms: Comfort & Wi-Fi - The Essentials)
The rooms… okay, so my room (Non-smoking) was pretty swanky. Air conditioning that actually worked (a blessing!), a comfy bed (Extra long bed) with a great mattress. They had a seating area, blackout curtains (essential for those post-sun naps), and a surprisingly decent Wi-Fi [free]. They really push the free Wi-Fi thing – and honestly, it is awesome. Even in my room (Internet Access – Wireless) it was consistent, which is gold on the island. They also had a Internet access – LAN, if you're into that kind of thing. Free bottled water was a nice touch. The bathroom had all the essentials: hair dryer toiletries, slippers, and the shower was a nice size. (Separate shower/bathtub)
The only real gripe about the room? The lighting sucked. Seriously dim. It’s like they wanted me to be perpetually relaxed… or maybe just perpetually sleepy!
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Food, Glorious (And Sometimes Questionable) Food!
Oh, the food. This is a big one, guys. Soontreeya has several dining options (Restaurants), including poolside bar, and a coffee shop. Let's break it down:
Breakfast [buffet]: Okay here's where I got my kicks. Seriously decent to start the day. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, the works. Plenty of fruit (Mangoes, people! glorious mangoes!), pastries, and even some made-to-order eggs. I'm a sucker for an omelet.
A la carte in restaurant: Sometimes the food was amazing. I had the best green curry of my life at the main restaurant. Other times… let's just say I'm pretty sure my fried rice had a personality crisis. The soup in restaurant was a safe bet.
Side note: I noticed a Vegetarian restaurant, but it seemed to be more of a "vegetarian options available" kind of deal.
The Poolside bar was a lifesaver. Happy hour was everything. The cocktails were strong, the view was incredible, and I spent many happy hours there, soaking up the sun and the booze.
Room service [24-hour]: I ordered a pizza at 3 AM and it arrived within 40 minutes! This deserves a gold star alone!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Paradise is Calling!
This is where Soontreeya really shines. They've got it all, or at least they say they do.
Spa: They had a spa! A proper spa! And… I’m gonna go back to that massage. This deserves a special shout-out. I booked myself a full body deep tissue. And. It. Was. Incredible. Seriously. The masseuse? Absolute perfection. The room was serene. The oil smelled divine. I floated out of there feeling like a new human. (This is where the Body scrub and Body wrap come in. I skipped these but someone was offering them.)
Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool with a view was a stunner. Crystal clear water, infinity edge overlooking the beach. Pure bliss.
Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: I didn't try these, but they were there. Perhaps the heat got the better of me.
What I didn't get to do was the Gym/fitness they had. I always mean to, but once in paradise? Maybe next time.
Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized & Safe (ish)
I’M generally paranoid, and was concerned (like everyone, post-pandemic era) about sanitation. So:
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: this was definitely a plus!
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. Great.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Hopefully!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed well-trained.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Excellent
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Solid.
- Hygiene certification: I didn't see hard evidence.
I wouldn't say I was particularly worried about getting ill… but it's always a relief to know they are trying. (Daily disinfection in common areas), (Sanitized kitchen and tableware items).
On the downside (the messy stuff):
- My biggest issue? The service could sometimes be… inconsistent. Getting refills at the pool bar was a challenge. One day the staff was super attentive, the next… not so much.
- Some of the small, but annoying details
- The smoke detector didn't work!.
- I was promised an elevator, but I only saw stairs. (This could be that handicap thing.)
Services and Conveniences: The Little Extras
- Free parking (Car park [free of charge]).
- Daily housekeeping: They kept the rooms spotless.
- Currency exchange: Handy.
- Laundry service: Essential for a sweaty island vacation.
- Concierge: Always happy to help.
- Cash withdrawal: Easy peasy!
For the Kids:
- I didn't travel with kids, so I can't speak to this in depth. They had a babysitting service listed, which is a plus! Kids facilities, it looked like they were having a blast.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer: Definitely arrange this! It's a long trek.
The Verdict: Is Soontreeya Lanta Worth It?
Yes. Mostly.
Soontreeya Lanta is a beautiful resort with amazing potential. The location is stunning, the spa is heavenly, and the food, when it's good, is amazing. The inconsistencies in service, the slightly questionable accessibility, and the few minor hiccups are things they could improve on. But honestly, the pros outweigh the cons. If you're looking for a slice of island paradise, with a few quirks and a whole lot of charm, Soontreeya Lanta is definitely worth checking out. Just lower your expectations a tiny bit, and prepare to be amazed.
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars (Could be 5 with better service and more consistent food!)
Escape to Silicon Valley: Your Home Away From Home at Edenvale Suites
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the glorious, messy, sun-kissed chaos that is Koh Lanta, specifically, the promised land of Soontreeya Lanta. And trust me, after this trip, I’ll need a vacation from my vacation. Let's see if I can actually remember what happened…
Koh Lanta: Soontreeya-Induced Meltdown… I Mean, Retreat - A Very Loose Itinerary
(Note: This is a suggestion, okay? Life, and especially travel, rarely follows a neat little box. Expect detours. Expect sunburn. Expect me to lose my flip-flops…again.)
Day 1: Arrival, Annoyance, and Almost Immediate Bliss
- Morning (or, let’s be honest, afternoon): Land in Krabi (a flight from…somewhere, I can’t bloody remember). The airport's already hot and sticky, a premonition of the impending deliciousness. The pre-booked transfer to Soontreeya. Oh boy. I envisioned a breezy, scenic drive. Reality? A cramped minivan full of tourists who clearly hadn't showered since, well, arrival.
- Afternoon: Arrive at Soontreeya. Finally… I can practically feel the stress melting away. The staff? Sweet as mango sticky rice. The view? Oh. My. God. Picture perfect. I'm convinced angels are involved.
- The Room: That first day? The aircon was on the blink! Seriously, that was just great. Luckily, after a quick chat with the unbelievably helpful front desk, it was swiftly fixed. The view of the pool and the endless ocean? Worth the sweaty hours.
- Evening: Dinner at the resort. The shrimp pad thai was good, though, the spice levels weren’t quite as ‘Thai’ as I expected (but the cocktails, ah, those were another story entirely!). Sat and watched the sunset over the ocean, and I remember actually thinking: "This is it. THIS is the dream."
Day 2: Monkeys, Massages, and Misunderstandings
- Morning: A full-on attempt at experiencing "the quiet life" on the beach. (Translation: Trying to read a book while simultaneously battling the urge to nap, and occasionally swatting away sand flies that REALLY hated me). I also accidentally spent an hour staring at a ridiculously adorable family of monkeys who clearly had more sense of style than I.
- Afternoon: Massage time! Oh, glorious massage. I went for the traditional Thai massage, which, let’s just say, involves a fair amount of contortion. I emerged feeling like a pretzel that had been lovingly kneaded. Worth every penny! I think I even accidentally fell asleep and started dribbling…
- Evening: Dinner and a "beach bonfire" at a nearby restaurant. Okay, it wasn't a bonfire as much as a sad little circle of embers, but the food was great, the company even better (a group of travelers who are now my new best friends) and we all ended up singing off-key karaoke. My voice? Let’s just say it needed a lot of practice.
Day 3: The Koh Lanta Old Town, and Maybe A Few Tears?
- Morning: The old town! A charming cluster of wooden houses on stilts, shops selling artisan goods, and street food that made my stomach sing! Found the perfect spot for a delicious Thai iced coffee and a wander through the little art galleries. But remember those sand flies? Yeah, their mission of revenge continued. I spent more time swatting them than enjoying the history!
- Afternoon: The worst experience of the trip. Not the biggest problem, but still, it was annoying . I spent a while on a boat trip to the nearby islands and snorkeling. It wasn't bad, the views were awesome, but I wasn't actually snorkeling -- I was seasick. I ended up spending most of the time in a corner, and I'll admit I actually shed a few tears because of it.
- Evening: Comfort food dinner - huge bowl of pasta at the resort's restaurant. A little bit of self-pity never hurt anyone, right? A walk on the beach and quiet reflection on how the universe is sometimes a jerk, but the ocean is always beautiful.
Day 4: Diving Deep and a Deep Dive into My Own Emotions (I think I got something out of it)
- Morning: The most amazing experience EVER. A diving lesson. I'd always wanted to try it, and this felt like the perfect place. The instructor? Patient, reassuring, and surprisingly funny. It took me a couple of tries to get the hang of it, I swallowed half the ocean in the process, but finally…I did it! I'm underwater, the coral's a riot of colour, and I'm actually breathing! It's the most transcendent, awe-inspiring experience of my life. I actually teared up underwater! (Mostly from the nose-full of water but I'll take it).
- Afternoon: More pool time, trying to process the diving experience, and trying very hard not to think about packing to fly back home.
- Evening: The last sunset. More cocktails, more laughter with new friends. A feeling of bittersweet contentment. I swear, right there on the beach, I actually think I realized, what I actually needed was time away, not just physically, but in my heart. I need to be a little lost, to find something incredible, and to just breathe.
Day 5: Departure, Deja Vu, and the Bitter-Sweet Goodbye
- Morning: Packing. Ugh. The most annoying part of any trip. Attempted a bit of souvenir shopping, then a final leisurely breakfast. Last stroll along the beach. I had to face the return to reality.
- Afternoon: Another hair-raising ride to Krabi airport in the now slightly less cramped minivan. Same heat, same airport, same weary faces. But this time, I had a secret. Deep down, I knew I'm going to be back again.
- Evening: Flying home. Exhausted. Sun-kissed. Slightly sunburned. Changed. Ready to share all this with the world.
And that, my friends, is the very, very, very abridged version of my Koh Lanta adventure. It was a mess. It was beautiful. It was ME. And if you ever find yourself there, please, don’t forget to look up at the stars.
Escape to Texas Comfort: La Quinta Inn & Suites Weatherford Awaits!
Soontreeya Lanta: Your Lanta Island Paradise... Or Is It? (A Messy FAQ)
Okay, Seriously, What IS Soontreeya Lanta? I'm Seeing So Many Pictures...
Location, Location, Location! Where IS this supposed slice of heaven?
The Bungalows: Cozy? Spacious? Actually Clean? (The Real Questions!)
What's the Food Situation Like? Because, You Know, Priorities.
The Staff: Friendly? Helpful? Or Will You Spend Your Time Chasing After Water?
The Pool: The Elusive Oasis of Relaxation?
Overall Vibe: Romantic Getaway? Family Fun? Backpacker Bounce?
Tell me about the Beach! Because, BEACH!


Post a Comment for "Soontreeya Lanta: Your Lanta Island Paradise Awaits (Koh Lanta, Thailand)"