Nanjing's Hidden Gem: New Century Hotel's Unforgettable Luxurious Stay

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

Nanjing's Hidden Gem: New Century Hotel's Unforgettable Luxurious Stay

Nanjing's New Century Hotel: A Luxurious Dive (with a Few Bumps in the Road)

(SEO & Metadata: Nanjing Hotel Review, Luxury Hotel Nanjing, New Century Hotel Nanjing, Accessible Hotel Nanjing, Spa Hotel Nanjing, Pool with a View, Best Hotel Nanjing, Business Travel Nanjing, Family Friendly Hotel Nanjing, Free Wi-Fi, On-site Restaurants, Accessible Bathroom, Wheelchair Friendly Hotel)

Okay, buckle up, because I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Nanjing, and let me tell you, this review is going to be a wild ride. We're talking about the New Century Hotel, and it's… well, it's a bit of a mixed bag. But isn't life itself a mixed bag? Let's dive in, shall we?

Accessibility: Trying to be a Good Sport (Mostly Successful)

First off, a big shout out to the New Century for trying to be accessible. I’m not in a wheelchair, but I always appreciate a place that considers disabled guests. They have elevators (duh), and the website mentioned facilities for disabled guests. I peeked into a few rooms, and they looked pretty good – wider doorways, accessible bathrooms. Now, whether those rooms actually functioned as intended, I can’t say. It's a good start though!

On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: This is harder to assess since I wasn't focused on restaurant accessibility, but the spaciousness looked promising.

Wheelchair Accessible: See above! They’re trying.

Internet Access: The Holy Grail of Modern Travel (and a Constant Source of Annoyance)

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: Hallelujah! Thank you, New Century, for the blessing of free Wi-Fi. It’s a basic necessity, people, and no one wants to pay extra for it.

Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas: Okay, so the Wi-Fi worked. Mostly. There were moments, like when I was trying to upload breathtaking sunset photos of the city, where the connection decided to take a nap. That’s the internet for ya, right? A fickle mistress. The LAN thing? Honestly, I didn't touch it. Who uses LAN anymore? (Besides, I’m pretty sure I didn’t even know where to look).

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Oh, the Choices! (But Were They Good Choices?)

Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Woah. Lots. Like, seriously, the options were overwhelming. I’m a simple creature. I love a good massage and a pool with a view. The New Century delivered on the pool. The view was… alright. It overlooked some other buildings, but hey, it was still a pool! I was too lazy to try the sauna, steam room, and all the other spa bells and whistles, though. I did get a massage, which was… fine. Not the best massage I’ve ever had, but not the worst. Pretty standard hotel-spa fare. The fitness center was… a fitness center. Machines and treadmills and sweaty people. You know the drill.

Cleanliness and Safety: Did I Get the China Flu? (Thankfully, No!)

Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, the New Century took COVID seriously. REALLY seriously. Which, honestly, is a good thing. I felt safe. Everything was scrubbed within an inch of its life (I think I saw a woman sterilizing a plant pot). Individually wrapped everything – my breakfast, tiny little soaps… I felt like I was living in a sterile bubble, which, on the one hand, was reassuring. On the other hand, it was slightly…weird. But hey, better safe than sorry, right?

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Feed Me! (Or Maybe Not…)

A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Okay, the dining situation was… complicated. The sheer number of options was insane. Like, paralyzing. I’m a simple guy. I want a good, easy meal. The breakfast buffet was a chaotic masterpiece. A glorious, overflowing feast of everything from congee to croissants. And the chaos? Delicious. The coffee? Not so much. Thin and watery, like the hotel's own tears. I tried room service, which was decent. The poolside bar was a nice touch for a cocktail or two. I didn't try any of the fancier restaurants, because, honestly, after the buffet, I just wanted a nap.

(Okay, full disclosure: I did wander into a vegetarian restaurant and ate something green and leafy that was probably good for me. But I'm not sure what it was.)

Services and Conveniences: The Usual Suspects (Plus the Occasional Surprise)

Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: The usual hotel suspects, all present and accounted for. The concierge was helpful. The doorman was friendly. The housekeeping was… efficient. The convenience store was a life-saver (snack emergencies are real). The currency exchange? Well, I don’t know much about it, except that it happened.

But here's a fun anecdote. I wanted to order a pizza. I thought, "How hard can it be?" Well, it was hard. I tried ordering it through the hotel, I tried ordering it online, but nothing worked. Then, out of the blue, the front desk person magically conjured up a pizza, seemingly out of thin air. I have no idea how they did it, but it was glorious. Pizza: success. Pizza: the new holy grail.

For the Kids: Babysitting Service and More! (Probably a Good Thing)

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Though I didn't travel with kids, I did see kid-friendly amenities!

Rooms: Home Sweet…ish?

Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: The rooms were… comfortable. Nicely decorated, the bed was comfy, the blackout curtains were a lifesaver. The free bottled water? Always appreciated. The minibar? Overpriced, as usual. My room was a non-smoking one, which was a good thing, because I don't smoke. All the amenities are there, including a scale (who uses a scale?). The bathrobes were soft… The most important thing is the room offered a place to relax.

Getting Around: Easy Peasey or A Total Nightmare?

Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: They had everything! And the free carpark was a bonus. Nanjing's traffic? Well… let's just say those airport transfers were a godsend.

The Verdict:

The New Century Hotel is a decent option. Clean, safe, and with a plethora of amenities, it ticks a lot of boxes. It's not perfect – nothing is – but it’s a solid choice for a luxurious stay, with

Escape to Paradise: Hyatt Centric Key West Awaits!

Book Now

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

Nanjing Meanderings: A Trip Report (Or, How I Learned to Love a City That Nearly Drove Me Mad) - New Century Hotel Edition

Okay, people. Buckle up. This isn't a polished travel blog. This is a brain dump. Nanjing. China. New Century Hotel. And a whole lot of "WTF was I thinking?" moments.

Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lag Tango (And the Great Noodle Incident)

  • Morning (More like the zombie hour of 4 AM): Landed in Nanjing. Jet lag. It's like a gremlin is tap-dancing on your brain stem. Found the New Century Hotel. Shiny, impersonal lobby. Felt instantly dwarfed. The "Welcome to Nanjing" sign plastered with a cartoon panda brought a fleeting smile. Then the tiredness punched me back into reality. Found my room and collapse.
  • Afternoon (Attempted Humaning): Managed to shower. Felt marginally less disgusting. Decided, foolishly, to "explore." Walked around the local area. OMG, the noise! Horns, construction, people chattering – a symphony of aural assault. Found a tiny noodle place. This is where things went south. Ordered something with “noodles” in the title. Got a steaming bowl of… something. Looked kinda like concrete with a few sad, limp greens. Tried a bite. Flavor explosion! Of… I don't know. Just… flavor. Chewed. Swallowed. Felt the texture of a small animal. Victory was mine!
  • Evening (Embracing the Nap): Back to the hotel. Passed out at 7 PM. Woke up, confused, at 2 AM. The hotel seemed to be designed to make me hate it. The air con was an arctic blast. The pillows were like bricks.

Day 2: The Massacre Memorial & Emotional Vomit (Or, Nanjing's Shadowy Heart)

  • Morning (The Memorial): The Nanjing Massacre Memorial Hall. I knew it would be heavy. I didn't realize just how heavy. It’s a gut punch, pure and simple. The faces, the stories, the sheer brutality… I felt like I was swimming in a sea of sorrow. It’s important though, to understand what happened, to witness the pain. I cried. A lot. No shame.
  • Afternoon (Seeking Refuge): Needed to escape the intensity. Found a park, near the hotel. Hoped to be sooth. Walked around the lake. Peaceful, right? Nope. More noise. More people. More… well, everything. Had ice cream. It melted faster than my composure.
  • This Evening: Re-Visiting the Memorial - Doubling Down (And Possibly Losing My Lunch): I know, I know. Crazy. But I needed to go back. Something about the power of remembrance had me. I spent another few hours there. Maybe it was the exhaustion, maybe the heat, but the second time was more intense the first visit. The images, the stories, they burrowed deeper. I’m not sure I’ve fully processed it. I felt… lost. And the ice cream? Totally forgotten.
  • Emotional Overload: Back at the hotel. Staring out the window. The city lights glittered, making me feel that the experience was real.

Day 3: Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum & Failed Temple Tourist (Or, My Spiritual Deficiencies)

  • Morning: Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum. Grand. Impressive. Lots of stairs. My legs are killing me. The architecture is beautiful. The mausoleum itself is very calm. The views fantastic.
  • Afternoon (Attempting Enlightenment): Tried to visit a temple. Got hopelessly lost. Ended up in a market full of… stuff. More stuff. I have no idea what half it was. Ended up buying a very questionable durian-flavored pastry. It nearly finished me off. (Taste? Terrible.)
  • Evening (Hotel Room Therapy): Spent the evening in my hotel room, watching a terrible dubbed action movie on TV. Comfort food. A Chinese takeaway I brought to my room.

Day 4: The City Wall & Existential Angst (Or, Climbing High, Feeling Low)

  • Morning: The City Wall. Climbed to the top. Views were fantastic. The scale of the city is awe-inspiring. Also, I realized how small I am.
  • Afternoon: Back to the hotel. A nap the length of a small country was taken.
  • Evening: A walk around the hotel. The food stalls are open. A bit of food here, a bit there, you see the local life.

Day 5: Departure (And A Lingering Taste of… Something)

  • Morning: Packing. Actually, it seems not that bad.
  • Departure: Left Nanjing. Did I love it? Hate it? Somewhere in between. It was a blur of noise, noodles, incredible moments of sorrow, and moments that were simply, utterly confusing. I left with a memory that remains. I left with the taste of those awful noodles still lingering on my tongue, that's certain. Would I go back? Probably. Prepared to navigate some more "WTF was I thinking" moments. But maybe, just maybe, Nanjing has left a mark. A messy, complicated, possibly slightly scarred, but definitely unforgettable, mark. My journey, my story.
Burlington's BEST Homewood Suites? (Hilton, ON) - Unbelievable Deal!

Book Now

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China```html

So, is the New Century Hotel in Nanjing REALLY a hidden gem? Or is it just another fancy hotel trying too hard?

Okay, truth time: "hidden gem" is thrown around *way* too easily. But, I'm leaning towards "yes" on this one. I was skeptical, you know? Read the reviews – everyone gushing about the marble bathrooms and the *insane* breakfast. Thought, "Here we go, another place trying to rinse us tourists." But, (and this is important), the sheer *scale* of the lobby… it hit me. It's like walking into a museum. Then, later, you're wandering the halls, lost in elegant, high-ceilinged hallways that seems to goes on forever, and the gold paint is just... *glowing*. It's not pretentious, it's just... *a lot*. Like, a really, really *good* lot. So, yeah, hidden gem? Probably. Especially if you're into a little bit of grand, slightly-too-much luxury. If you're expecting "rustic charm," you've come to the wrong place. This is full-on "I'm-on-a-movie-set" vibe. And I love it.

Okay, the breakfast... everyone raves about it. Worth the hype? 'Cause, you know, breakfast is serious business.

Alright, buckle up, because we are about to dive DEEP into the breakfast. I'm not kidding. It's legendary. Let me paint you a picture: Imagine a buffet *so vast*, it requires a map. Seriously. Not just croissants and sad scrambled eggs, but multiple stations. Stations dedicated to dim sum (fluffy, perfect dim sum, mind you!), stations dedicated to noodles (handmade noodles, right there in front of you!), stations dedicated to... I'm pretty sure they had a station *just for fruit*. Like, a whole room dedicated to pineapple, mango, watermelon, and things I couldn't even identify. Now, here's the kicker: I went *twice*. The first time, overwhelmed, I got stuck on the pastries. Sugar rush, food coma, the works. The *second* time? I had a *strategy*. I paced myself. I found the congee station. I discovered the little, bite-sized dumplings. My god, the dumplings. The breakfast? Worth every single extra dollar. Just… go hungry. VERY hungry. And bring a notepad to manage.

The rooms... do they actually live up to the luxurious hype? I'm picturing a marble throne in the bathroom.

Marble throne? Okay, maybe not *exactly*. But close. The bathrooms are, in a word, *ridiculous*. Seriously, they're bigger than my bedroom at home. So much marble. Everywhere! The shower... it's like a spa. Hot water that feels like silk, great pressure, and the giant fluffy towels -- I was seriously considering stuffing one in my luggage and pretending it was an accident. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I'm not usually a 'bed person', but seriously, the mattress, the pillows… I actually *slept* – like, actually, deeply, soundly slept -- my first night. Amazing. Here's where it gets funny, though. The *TV*. Huge, flat screen, everything… *except* I couldn't figure out how to change the channel. Seriously. I'm a reasonably intelligent human being, and I was defeated. I spent ten minutes looking for the remote's batteries, I was sure they were empty. Turns out I just couldn't read *any* of the mandarin buttons, and I couldn't navigate the menu. Minor inconvenience, but hey, nobody's perfect.

What about the service? Anything special or uniquely... Nanjing-y?

Service? It was *impeccable*. Like, genuinely impressive. The staff were incredibly polite, always smiling, always helpful. They're *everywhere*, magically appearing whenever you need something. Once, I spent ages looking for the fitness room. After some fumbling, I ended up asking a member of staff, who not only offered directions but actually *walked me* there. It was a bit… overkill? But also, it just made me feel like a ridiculously valued guest. The only… *minor* hiccup? My Mandarin isn't the greatest. And while the staff are wonderfully patient, sometimes there's a slight language barrier. Ordering room service? Be prepared to be very specific. In fact I had to learn the phrase "*No onions please"*. It's a good phrase, *you should learn that phrase for any trip!*"

Location, location, location... How's the New Century Hotel situated in terms of exploring Nanjing?

The hotel's in a pretty good spot, I'd say. Not *right* in the thick of the action, which is a good thing, because that keeps the noise down and keeps that serene escape factor. It's a taxi or a Didi ride away from most of the major sights, but that's typical of Nanjing, considering how big the city is. The metro is easily accessible, though, and a great way to get around, especially if you're feeling brave! I loved that it felt like an oasis. After a day of crowds and historical sites, returning to the hotel felt like stepping back into a different world. It wasn’t *perfectly* situated to the places I wanted to visit, but honestly, I didn’t care. The hotel itself was so good it made up for this.

Any downsides? Because nothing's *perfect*. Spill the tea!

Okay, okay, real talk time. Nothing's perfect, and the New Century Hotel, while fantastic, isn't faultless. Expect this luxury to come with a luxury price tag. It’s not the cheapest hotel in Nanjing, obviously. Also, as I mentioned before, language. While the staff are lovely, a little Mandarin goes a long way. And, and… well, if you're used to super-modern, minimalist hotels, this might not be your vibe. It's grand, bordering on opulent. Also, a little something I would consider a minor issue, the air conditioning… I felt it was quite strong. I slept with the window opened (it was summer, I forgot to bring a blanket… rookie mistake!), because it wasn't as regulated as I'm used to.

Okay, final verdict? Would you recommend it? And, more importantly, would *you* go back?

Absolutely. A resounding YES. It's not just a hotel; it's an experience. Yes, it's a bit spendy, yes, the marble might be a *tad* much for some people, and yes, the channel changing on the TV is a mystery. But the service, the rooms, the breakfast… even the slightly-too-strong AC (I opened that window, problem solved)… it all adds up to something special. I'Comfy Hotel Finder

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

New Century Hotel Nanjing Nanjing China

Post a Comment for "Nanjing's Hidden Gem: New Century Hotel's Unforgettable Luxurious Stay"