
Unbelievable Malacca Stay! Travellers Planet Hotel & Guesthouse Awaits
Unbelievable Malacca Stay? Hold Your Horses… (Travellers Planet Hotel & Guesthouse Review – The Unfiltered Truth)
Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your glossy, perfectly-curated travel brochure. This is real life, my disastrous, delightful, and definitely-not-always-smooth experience at Travellers Planet Hotel & Guesthouse in Malacca. And honestly? The title's a bit clickbaity. "Unbelievable"? Maybe. In a good way? Let's find out.
(Metadata First, Because SEO, Ugh – But I'll Make It Quick!)
- Keywords: Malacca Hotel, Travellers Planet, Guesthouse, Accessibility, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Breakfast, Malacca Accommodation, Family Friendly, Best Hotel Malacca. (Blah blah blah… moving on!)
First Impressions: Arrival and the "Accessibility" Debacle
Right off the bat, let's talk about something crucial: Accessibility. Travellers Planet claims to be, and I'd like to believe them. However, getting my (admittedly clumsy) self around felt like an Olympic sport at times. While there's an elevator (thank goodness!), the ramps could use a little love, and some doorways were… well, let's just say they weren't designed for people with wider frames or, say, a fully-loaded wheelchair. I’m not demanding perfection, I’m just pointing out the gap between "accessible" and "accessible-ish."
The check-in/out [express] service? I appreciated the idea but the actual process involved a lot more forms and fumbling than anticipated. I think the nice lady at the front desk was genuinely trying, but my brain was fried from travelling already. Front desk [24-hour] is a plus, though! Needed that at 3 AM for a lost charger emergency.
Rooms: From Cozy to… Questionable Design Choices
Okay, the rooms. They have air conditioning (praise the travel gods!), and a window that opens (fresh air!). I got a room on a high floor, which was pretty sweet for looking at the city. The non-smoking rooms are appreciated. Thank you!
My room offered a standard assortment: Air conditioning, alarm clock, desk, mini bar, private bathroom, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, shower, smoke detector, telephone, toiletries, towels, Wi-Fi [free].
The complimentary tea and free bottled water were lifesavers because the Malaccan heat is no joke. And I loved the blackout curtains, although, they had a tiny hole in them causing all this light to leak through.
The mattress? Surprisingly comfy, but the pillow… let’s just say I now have a chiropractor appointment scheduled. I also have no idea why the reading light was pointed directly at my face. Cruel.
(Rambling Time: The Wi-Fi Saga, a Tale of Frustration and Tiny Victories)
Internet access – wireless was a bit of a wild card. The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! promised paradise, but the reality was more akin to a digital purgatory. Speed fluctuated wildly, and I spent more time reconnecting than actually working. The Internet access – LAN was a nostalgic throw back, it was good for when the wifi died on me.
I did have a minor mental breakdown at one point, where I just started laughing maniacally. I almost punched my laptop out of anger.
On-Site Indulgences: The Spa, the Pool, and My Existential Crisis
Alright, lets get to the fun stuff! Travellers Planet boasts a spa, a swimming pool, and even a pool with a view. I hit the spa. I splurged on that body scrub and massage. My masseuse was an angel. And my body needed a good scrub, I had to be honest.
Here’s where things got weird. I'm lying there, getting scrubbed, and I hear… Kenny G. Yes, Kenny G. I’m getting an exfoliating scrub while listening to smooth jazz. It was a trip and it gave me flashbacks to my childhood.
The sauna was decent, the steam room felt delightful after the scrub and was a total bonus.
The outdoor swimming pool was clean and refreshing. The poolside bar was convenient for a quick refreshment. The gym/fitness center existed, I suppose. I gave it a miss. The climb to the top of the pool didn't feel worth it to visit.
Dining: From Asian Fusion to Hangry Meltdowns
Breakfast was included, and it was a mix of Asian breakfast and Western breakfast, with a decent breakfast [buffet]. I went for the Asian cuisine in restaurant, the nasi lemak was outstanding.
The restaurants are varied. The bar was okay, the coffee shop was my savior! The room service [24-hour] was a godsend at 2 AM when my stomach decided to stage a protest. I may have ordered a pizza.
The bottle of water was much appreciated. The desserts in restaurant were a work of art. The coffee/tea in restaurant, not so much.
Cleanliness and Safety: The New Normal
Okay, the world has changed. Travellers Planet understands this. They had Anti-viral cleaning products (good!), Daily disinfection in common areas (reassuring!), and Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol, and they seemed to be taking it seriously. Rooms sanitized between stays, a huge plus.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Meh, and the "Huh?"
Concierge services? Okay. Daily housekeeping was efficient. Luggage storage handled my overflowing bags.
The convenience store was handy for grabbing snacks (midnight chocolate supply, anyone?). Cash withdrawal was available. Currency exchange, too.
Business facilities are also there if you need to work like the meeting/banquet facilities or a Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids: A Family-Friendly Vibe
Travellers Planet markets itself as family-friendly, and I think they’re serious. They have babysitting service, Kids facilities, and a kids meal.
Location and Getting Around:
Car park [free of charge] was a blessing. Airport transfer service was also available.
Smoking Area was a nice touch, but I would prefer a non-smoking place.
The Verdict: Would I Go Back?
Look, Travellers Planet isn't perfect. It's got its quirks, its imperfections, and its moments of sheer "WTF?" (Looking at you, Kenny G.). But it's also charming, comfortable enough, and the staff, despite some minor hiccups, genuinely try.
Final Emotional Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟 / 5 stars (with a bonus star for the masseuse). I’d recommend it with some caveats: Be prepared for internet glitches, don't expect perfection, and embrace the quirks. Malacca is amazing, and Travellers Planet? Well, it’s an experience. And sometimes, that's what travel is all about.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dania Beach Motel 6 Getaway Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is me, battling jet lag, humidity, and a general sense of "what the heck am I doing here?" as I navigate the glorious, chaotic mess that is Malacca. And my base camp? Travellers Planet Hotel & Guest House. Buckle up, it's gonna be bumpy.
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag Tango, and Nasi Lemak Nirvana (Maybe)
12:00 PM (ish) - Touchdown in KL & the Great Transportation Gauntlet: Okay, landing at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and getting to Malacca is already a comedy of errors. First, the immigration queue. Lord, I swear I aged ten years just waiting. Then, the choice of transportation. Bus? Taxi? Train and then a bus? I, in my sleep-deprived haze, opted for the slightly pricier taxi. Regret? You betcha. Did I learn from it? Doubtful.
2:30 PM - Arrival & Travellers Planet - Oh, That Sweet, Sweet Air Conditioning: Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I arrive at Travellers Planet. Let's be honest, the reviews were promising. And the pictures lied! Okay, not lied, but didn't quite capture the, shall we say, "lived-in charm" of the place. Smells a bit musty. But the AC? Oh, the blessed AC! It's like a hug from the Arctic. The staff? Super friendly, even though they probably saw me stumble in looking like a zombie.
3:00 PM - The Room…and The Great Mosquito Battle: Okay, room check. Clean enough. Bed looks comfy – a real lifesaver!. Window… opens. Mosquitoes circle like vultures. This is war. Sprayed everything in sight. My luggage is probably radioactive now. Good.
4:00 PM - First Malaccan Meal - The Nasi Lemak Gamble: I'm STARVING. The jet lag is hitting hard, and all I want is food. I stumble out, armed with Google Maps and a vague sense of direction. Found a Nasi Lemak stall nearby. The queue, I swear, was longer than the line at the airport. I ordered, the food has arrived. It was…fine. The rice was flavorful, the fish a bit bony than i thought.
5:30 PM - Collapse & Regret (Maybe a nap after this): Back to the room. Sleep is calling. But there's this nagging voice saying I should "explore." Ugh. Maybe. I am so tired. Okay, nap it is.
7:00 PM - Awakening & A Walk of Shame: Woke up. Completely disoriented. Did I miss dinner? Did I even have dinner? Debating whether to bother going out again. Maybe some instant noodles will suffice. Seriously considering ordering a pizza, but I feel like that would be a crime agains the culture.
8:00 PM - Bedtime: I'm going to bed. God, I'm old. And exhausted.
Day 2: Historical Hopping & The Melaka River Magic
9:00 AM - Breakfast & A Slightly Aborted Adventure: Decided to be productive! Breakfast at a café nearby. Actually went for a stroll. Stumbled upon a coffee shop, and spent some time.
10:00 AM - A'Famosa Fortress - So Many Tourists, So Little Time: Okay, historical time! A'Famosa Fortress. It's pretty, but… the crowds. The selfie sticks. I felt like I was dodging ninja stars. Plus, the history lessons became boring . I am trying to appreciate it but the heat!!
11:30 AM - St. Paul's Church – Ghosts & Grand Views: Up the hill we go! St. Paul's Church. Beautiful, haunting. The views were incredible. Almost made me forget the sweat dripping down my back. Imagined all the stories of those who had prayed here. It was a good visit.
1:00 PM - Jonker Street - Shopping, Eating, and Sensory Overload: Jonker Street! The main drag. Oh boy. This is where you go for food, souvenirs, and the general chaos of Malaccan life. The food stalls were overwhelming, so many options! But I was brave. I tried some dumplings (delicious!), some weird, sweet things that look like a sponge (slightly less delicious, I think), and got some souvenirs. My wallet is crying.
3:00 PM - Melaka River Cruise - Romance and Rotting Garbage?: The river cruise! Everyone raves about it. The ride was pretty. Lights reflected on the water. But… the occasional whiff of something… less than pleasant. Let's just say, some parts of the river aren't exactly pristine. However, the view of the city from the water.
5:00 PM - Tea Time & Deep Thoughts (Maybe): Found a nice little café near the river for a cup of tea and a chance to decompress. Reflecting on the day, my life choices, and whether I should invest in industrial-strength mosquito repellent.
7:00 PM - Dinner & A Street Art Stroll: Trying some local cuisine. Chicken rice balls. It's not bad, just really weird. After dinner, I wander along the river to look at the street art. There are some truly talented artists here, and the murals are fantastic. Malacca makes me to be more cultured.
9:00 PM - Back to Travellers Planet - The End is Near: Back to the hotel. Thinking about the next day's adventures… or maybe just sleeping for 12 straight hours.
Day 3: Temples, Tarts, and Farewell (Or, "I think I saw a ghost")
9:00 AM - Breakfast & The Ghosts of Time: I woke up, feeling kinda happy. But I remember, i felt lonely. As I was enjoying my breakfast, I feel chilliness in the room. I think it was a ghost. I didn't want to see it, but I was frozen. It was like a movie. I am so shocked and confused.
10:00 AM - Cheng Hoon Teng Temple - Serenity and Surprise: This temple! Beautiful, peaceful. Definitely worth the visit, with interesting art and architecture. It was peaceful, almost therapeutic after the whole ordeal.
11:00 AM - Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum - History with a Side of Chic: The Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum was a step back in time. This was fascinating, learning about the culture and the history of the Peranakan community.
12:30 PM - Portuguese Settlement - Seafood & Sun (Maybe): The Portuguese Settlement. I'm a bit burnt out with museums. So… I skip it?
2:00 PM - Portuguese Egg Tarts - Heavenly or Hype?: Portuguese Egg Tarts! A must-try. The first bite was a revelation. Sweet, creamy, flaky perfection. I ate three. No regrets.
3:00 PM - Souvenir Shopping: The Panic Sets In: More shopping! Trying to find gifts for all my friends and family and the panic sets in as I realize I have to leave soon. It's hot and tiring. I decided to spend some money on a nice shirt.
4:00 PM - Departure: Departure. The end of my Malaccan adventure.
7:00 PM - Reflection: I am going home. I have a strange nostalgia for Malacca, even though I only just left.
Final Thoughts:
Malacca is a messy, wonderful explosion of culture, and smells, and beautiful, terrible things. It's exhausting, but it's also exhilarating. If you're looking for a perfectly curated travel experience, well, go somewhere else. But if you're up for a bit of chaos, great food, and historical quirks, then Malacca is absolutely worth the trip. And Travellers Planet? Well, it's a place to rest your weary head (and maybe fight a few mosquitoes). I would recommend it.
Wilmington Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Holiday Inn Express Brandywine!
1. Okay, spill the beans! Is this "Unbelievable" Malacca Stay actually... you know... unbelievable?
Look, "unbelievable" is a BIG word. Let’s just say it's... *memorable*. My first impression? Pure chaos. Picture a lobby that's simultaneously a travel agency, a board game hub, and a lost and found for stray socks. And that's just the BEGINNING. There are moments where you're like, "This is the BEST thing EVER!" And others… well, let’s just say I considered sleeping on the beach. (Kidding! Mostly.) But yeah, it's definitely a story. The reviews are a mixed bag of gold and utter disaster... and that's honest, isn't it?
2. Talking about the chaos, What's the staff like? Are they friendly?
Friendly? Oh, they try. They REALLY try. Think friendly, but with a healthy dose of "Malaysian time." This just means things might take a while. One time, I asked for a laundry service that got completely lost and the guy just shrugged and said "It's Malaysia!" as if it explained EVERYTHING. Don't expect rapid fire service. Expect smiles, genuine effort, and the distinct possibility of getting lost in translation. But honestly, that's part of the charm, right?
3. The rooms... are they actually clean? This is important!
Okay, cleaning. It's not pristine, I'm not going to lie. Think... lived-in. There might be a rogue gecko on the ceiling (I swear, I named mine Gerald). But, look, it wasn’t like, filth. The sheets *felt* clean, and they clearly made an effort. It wasn’t a five-star hotel, folks! And honestly, for the price, you’re not expecting a hospital operating room, are you? I'd rate it a comfortable *sort-of*-clean, depending on the room. Ask to see your room before you commit, and if possible, bring some Clorox wipes! (I kid, I kid… mostly).
4. What about the noise? Is it loud at night? My sleep is precious.
This is where it gets interesting. It depends. If you're a light sleeper, pack earplugs, or better yet, avoid a room near the common areas or the street. The place is a social hub. And by "social hub", I mean people chatting, playing music, and occasionally, *crying* at 3 a.m. because they lost all their money playing Uno. No joke, this *actually happened*. (I was the one crying). It's not always noisy, but it's definitely a gamble. I recommend trying to get a room as far away as possible from the main lobby and common areas.
5. Is there free Wi-Fi? Because, you know, internet addiction.
Yes, there's Wi-Fi! But don't expect lightning-fast streaming. It's… functional. You can check your emails, browse Facebook, maybe even upload a blurry photo. But if you're planning on binge-watching Netflix, download your shows before you arrive, or maybe just enjoy being *off the grid* for a while. I’d say it works well enough for the basics, or at least, I *think* it did… I spent most of my time trying to connect (lol, kidding). It was all part of the adventure, right?
6. Okay, let's talk location. Is it close to the action?
The location? Gold. Absolute gold! It's right in the heart of Malacca! You're within walking distance of everything. The historical sites, the delicious food stalls, the night markets, the river cruises... everything you could ask for! Seriously, you can stumble out of the hotel and be surrounded by history and food in seconds. This is a HUGE plus, trust me. It saves you a ton of time and money on transport. I was constantly wandering off to explore, it was perfect.
7. Food, Glorious Food! Any recommendations nearby?
Oh. My. God. The food! Prepare to gain approximately five pounds, but it'll be worth it. The hotel staff can recommend the best place but I highly recommend the Chicken Rice Balls place around the corner. It's famous for a reason. Plus, you're in Malacca! Everywhere you look, there's something amazing to eat. Don't be afraid to try everything; you will probably love it. Just be prepared to loosen your belt a notch or two.
8. What's the overall vibe? Who is this place for?
This place is for the REAL travelers. The ones who want an authentic experience, the ones who don't mind a little bit of… *character*. It's for backpackers, budget travelers, and anyone who wants to meet interesting people and see the actual city rather than hang out in a resort. It’s a social place. It’s not luxury, but it’s clean enough, and totally fine overall. Don’t expect perfection. Come with an open mind and a sense of humor, and you’ll have a blast. It's not for the uptight or fussy. If you want five-star service and perfect silence, go somewhere else. But if you want an experience you'll never forget... well, then you've come to the right place. I wouldn't necessarily go back, but, again, I wouldn't avoid it either. It's the kind of place I'll tell the stories about for years to come.
9. Okay, hit me with your *one* defining memory from the stay. What sticks out?
Alright, let's go for it. So, picture this: 2 a.m. The power has gone out. It was a blackout, right? Okay, I am freaking out. It's hot. The geckos are chirping. I stumble downstairs (because apparently, I NEEDED a snack) and find a group of people huddled together, playing cards by the flickering light of a phone. It was a chaotic scene, with a little kid, his toy robot, and two old ladies... and the staff trying to figure out how to get the generator working. And I started chatting with the guy next to me, who had traveled the world. It was a moment of pure, unadulterated, *Malaccan* magic (and maybe a little bit of despair). That's when I knew I was gonna get something more thanBoutique Inns


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Malacca Stay! Travellers Planet Hotel & Guesthouse Awaits"