
Escape to Paradise: Crosswinds Tagaytay's Luxurious Suites Await!
Escape to Paradise: Crosswinds Tagaytay - My Slightly Imperfect, Utterly Honest Review
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the Tagaytay tea on Crosswinds. Forget the perfectly filtered Instagram pics; this is the real deal, folks. I'll be honest, my stay was… well, a journey. And by journey, I mean it was a beautiful, slightly bumpy, utterly memorable experience.
(SEO & Metadata - Just in Case Google's Listening!): Crosswinds Tagaytay Review, Luxury Suites, Tagaytay Hotels, Philippines, Accessibility, Spa, Swimming Pool, Dining, Crosswinds Resort, Wheelchair Accessible, Wi-Fi, Family Friendly, Romantic Getaway, Tagaytay Accommodation, Best Hotels Tagaytay, Crosswinds Review, Scenic Views, Romantic Hideaway, Tagaytay Restaurants, Tagaytay Activities
First Impressions (and a minor existential crisis):
Driving up to Crosswinds, you're immediately smacked with… pines. Lots of pines. It's like they transplanted a chunk of the Swiss Alps smack-dab in the middle of the Philippines. Seriously, the air smells different! It’s crisp, cool, and surprisingly… lonely. I mean, in a good way. A "contemplate-your-life-choices-while-sipping-a-latte" kind of lonely. (More on the latte later, because, oh boy, was it a saga.)
Accessibility (Bravo, Sort Of):
Okay, let's get the accessibility talk out of the way. Crosswinds tries. There’s an elevator (thank heavens!), and they seem to have ramps in a decent number of places. BUT – and it's a big but – it's not perfectly seamless. Some areas feel a little… thoughtless. I'm talking about tiny steps, awkward thresholds, and a general lack of signage in the right places. If you're relying on a wheelchair, triple-check everything. Seriously. I’d give them a solid B- for effort, room for improvement is an understatement.
The Room (My Sanctuary… Mostly):
My luxury suite? Beautiful, stunning, even. The view from the balcony? Jaw-dropping. Seriously, I spent a solid hour just staring at the rolling hills and the distant Taal Volcano. The room itself was spacious, the bed was comfy (major points!), and I appreciated the blackout curtains because, let's face it, sometimes you just need to sleep until noon.
Available in all rooms:
- Additional toilet: Nope.
- Air conditioning: Yup, thankfully. Though the balcony often felt fresher.
- Alarm clock: Yes, but mine was surprisingly unreliable. It went off at 3 am one night.
- Bathrobes: Present and accounted for. Because, luxury.
- Bathroom phone: Huh? I'm sure someone somewhere used it.
- Bathtub: Mine had a jacuzzi. Very nice. Very relaxing.
- Blackout curtains: Yes, as mentioned, and essential.
- Carpeting: Soft and plushy.
- Closet: Plenty of space for all my "essential" travel outfits.
- Coffee/tea maker: The most important thing (besides the view.)
- Complimentary tea: Yes, a solid selection.
- Daily housekeeping: They were on it.
- Desk: Functional, if a little cramped.
- Extra long bed: Yup! Great.
- Free bottled water: Absolutely. Always a win.
- Hair dryer: Present and accounted for.
- High floor: My view was incredible as a result.
- In-room safe box: Yes.
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Possibly, I didn't enquire.
- Internet access – LAN: Nope, Wi-Fi only.
- Internet access – wireless: Definitely. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!
- Ironing facilities: Yes, thank goodness.
- Laptop workspace: The same desk.
- Linens: Soft and clean.
- Mini bar: Reasonably priced.
- Mirror: Many.
- Non-smoking: Of course.
- On-demand movies: Yes, but the selection wasn't exactly stellar.
- Private bathroom: Naturally.
- Reading light: Perfect for late-night novel binges.
- Refrigerator: Useful.
- Safety/security feature: Smoke detectors and basic security.
- Satellite/cable channels: Yes.
- Scale: Yes. gulp.
- Seating area: Comfortable and well-placed for enjoying the view.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Yes.
- Shower: Excellent water pressure.
- Slippers: The ultimate luxury.
- Smoke detector: Present and accounted for.
- Socket near the bed: Essential for phone charging.
- Sofa: Comfy.
- Soundproofing: Pretty good, but the occasional noisy neighbor.
- Telephone: Yes.
- Toiletries: Decent, nothing to write home about.
- Towels: Fluffy and plentiful.
- Umbrella: Didn't need it, thankfully.
- Visual alarm: Probably, but I didn't test it.
- Wake-up service: Yes.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Absolutely!
- Window that opens: Yes, and you will.
The Wi-Fi Saga (or, My Addiction to Internet):
Let's talk Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi is advertised, yes. And yes, it mostly works. But… oh my god. The signal strength in my room was like a rollercoaster. There were moments I could stream Netflix with ease, other moments, I was staring at the buffering wheel while cursing the digital gods. Trying to upload photos to Instagram? Forget about it. I started feeling like I was back in dial-up. This is a major improvement needed.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Mixed Bag, Really):
The on-site restaurants… here’s where things get even more interesting.
- A la carte in restaurant: Yes.
- Alternative meal arrangement: They'll work with you.
- Asian breakfast: Yes, and it was pretty good.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Yes.
- Bar: Yes.
- Bottle of water: Supplied.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Buffet was a highlight, with both Western/Asian options.
- Breakfast service: Every morning… eventually.
- Buffet in restaurant: Yes.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Coffee was… okay. (The latte I mentioned? A borderline disaster.)
- Coffee shop: A nice touch, let down by the hit-or-miss coffee.
- Desserts in restaurant: A solid selection.
- Happy hour: They had them!
- International cuisine in restaurant: Yes.
- Poolside bar: Yes.
- Restaurants: Several.
- Room service [24-hour]: Crucial for those late-night snack cravings.
- Salad in restaurant: Yes.
- Snack bar: Yes.
- Soup in restaurant: Yes.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Yes.
- Western breakfast: Yes, and adequate.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Yes.
The food itself was a mixed bag. The breakfast buffet? Pretty impressive, a decent spread catering to both Asian and Western tastes. I loaded up on the tapa and longganisa. My stomach appreciated that. Dinner at one of the restaurants? Okay, some dishes were a triumph, others… less so. I swear, one of the pasta dishes tasted like it had been abandoned on the moon for a week. The service? Friendly, but decidedly leisurely. Don't expect to be in and out in a hurry.
Spa & Relaxation (My Sanctuary, Part Deux):
Okay, the spa. That was a highlight.
- Body scrub: Available.
- Body wrap: Available.
- Fitness center: Yes.
- Foot bath: Yes.
- Gym/fitness: Yes.
- Massage: Yes. Do it.
- Pool with view: Yes, absolutely stunning.
- Sauna: Yes.
- Spa: Yes.
- Spa/sauna: Yes.
- Steamroom: Yes.
- Swimming pool: Yes.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: The most beautiful, the best.
The massage was divine. I mean, seriously, I think I actually levitated for a few minutes. The masseuse was skilled, the ambiance was serene, and I walked out feeling like a new person. The outdoor pool? To die for. It's infinity-edged, overlooking… you guessed it… more pines! Seriously, I could have stayed there all day, just floating and
Escape to Paradise: SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South Florence Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because here's my absolutely unfiltered, probably-a-little-too-honest, and definitely-not-perfect itinerary for a chaotic but hopefully beautiful weekend at Crosswinds Resort Suites in Tagaytay. Consider this less a carefully curated travel plan and more a rambling diary of a weekend trying to find itself… with a healthy dose of coffee and questionable decision-making.
Crosswinds Chaotic Chronicles: Tagaytay Edition
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pancake Debacle (and Existential Questions)
- 11:00 AM: The Escape Begins! (Or Does It?) - Left Manila. Traffic was, as always, a cruel mistress. Found myself grumbling about the lack of personal space in the car for the duration of the drive. My mental state by the time we reached Tagaytay? Questionable at best. My physical state? The first indications of a sun-kissing tan, a sign of good things to come (hopefully).
- 1:00 PM: Check-in, and the Promise of Bliss! - Arrived at Crosswinds. The air, ah, the air! Crisp, clean, and smelling of pine needles and the faintest hint of coffee (a love affair about to begin, methinks). The lobby? Charming, all wood and warm lighting. My inner critic was already softening. The suite? Huge, and with a balcony promising breathtaking views. Immediately, I start mentally planning my Instagram grid. (Don't judge me!)
- 2:00 PM: The Great Pancake Debacle of '23 - Okay, so the balcony beckoned, but my stomach was rumbling. Ordered room service: Pancakes, eggs, bacon, the usual. And then… disaster. The pancakes, I am sorry to report, tasted like disappointment. Fluffy, yes, but with a textural quality resembling something I'd carve out from a piece of cardboard with my teeth, and with a flavor devoid of joy. The bacon was limp. The eggs were fine, I guess. A small cry escaped my lips. I'm here to RELAX and eat GOOD FOOD. This was a sign, I thought to myself, a harbinger of bad luck for the rest of the trip?
- 3:00 PM: The View…And A Sudden Existential Crisis - Sat on the balcony, coffee in hand (finally, a victory!). The view? Stunning. Mist rolling over the hills. The wind whispering secrets. I thought for a second a butterfly was going to land on my face and grant me enlightenment. Instead, it flew away. I started thinking about…everything. Where am I going in life? Am I living authentically? Is a second pancake attempt worth the risk? The pancakes kept haunting me.
- 4:00 PM: The Coffee Crusade - I was determined, so I set out on a quest for the perfect cup of coffee. Found a cute little cafe in the area that I would like to patronize. I drank my coffee and started watching the sun setting, all while making small talk with the other people who were there at the moment.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner and a Questionable Choice - Dinner at a restaurant near the hotel. Ate a meal with, gasp, a vegetable, and finished it with a slice of cake. I felt slightly better. Maybe, just maybe, the day was salvageable.
- 8:00 PM: Pre-Bed Meditation (Failed) - I attempted to meditate on the balcony, hoping to find peace and banish the pancake memories. I lasted about five minutes before my mind wandered, and I started obsessing over whether or not to order another dish, or whether or not to continue with my quest for the perfect cup of coffee.
Day 2: Lake, Lunch, and Lemonade (and Minor Meltdowns)
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast Round Two and Redemption - Conquered the buffet! Ate multiple pastries, bacon, and eggs and the most magnificent of all…coffee. I was a changed woman.
- 9:30 AM: Taal Vista and the Magnificent Lake - Drove to Taal Vista Hotel for the famed view of Taal Volcano (it's a MUST). The view? Incredible. Breathtaking. Worth the photo-op queues. Spent way too long trying to take the perfect picture, which, of course, I failed at.
- 11:00 AM: The Day's Most Terrible Moment - I made myself go to a souvenir shop where the sales lady just wouldn't stop talking. I did not want to buy anything, but I got pressured to buy something. I bought a keychain.
- 12:30 PM: Lunchtime - Lunch at a restaurant with a view. Ate a delicious meal and enjoyed the views.
- 2:00 PM: Lemonade and a Walk? - I bought a lemonade and decided to go for a walk. The walk itself was fine, but I couldn't help thinking about the pancakes. The pancakes.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the Suite. And Another Crisis. - Back to the suite. This time, a book, or a spa treatment. I think I'm going to sleep instead.
Day 3: Farewell, Pancake-Free (Hopefully)
- 8:00 AM: Farewell Breakfast - One last buffet. I ate carefully, and I avoided the pancake station. I was finally triumphant.
- 9:30 AM: Check-out and the Road Back - Said goodbye to Crosswinds. The air still smelled of pine and coffee. Tagaytay, you were a rollercoaster.
- 11:00 AM: Road Trip - Traffic was a b****, as usual.
- 1:00 PM: Home Sweet Home - Back to the city, the real world. My heart may have been full of gratitude for the weekend's escape.
Quirks, Quotes, and Observations:
- Motto for the Trip: "Embrace the chaos." (And maybe, just maybe, find a good pancake recipe.)
- Most Unexpected Moment: My sudden, deep-seated fear of hotel room service pancakes.
- Emotional Rollercoaster Rating: 8/10. (Would have been a 10 if not for the pancake incident.)
- Overall Verdict: Tagaytay is beautiful, Crosswinds is pretty, and I need a good therapist, and maybe a good pancake recipe. But, you know what? Even the messiest, most unpredictable, pancake-ridden weekends have their own kind of magic. And hey, at least the coffee was good.

Escape to Paradise: Crosswinds Tagaytay's Luxurious Suites Await! (But...Is It REALLY Paradise?) FAQs - Because Let's Be Real
Okay, Okay, So What *Exactly* Makes These Suites So "Luxurious"? I Keep Hearing That Word.
Alright, let's break it down. "Luxurious" is a word thrown around a lot these days, right? At Crosswinds? Well, they've got a few things going for them. Think fireplaces – actual, crackling-fire fireplaces! (Important note: check if they're functional before you *fully* unpack your marshmallows, believe me). They've got spacious rooms, big beds… and blessedly, some suites even have balconies with views. The VIEW, people. That's *the* thing. (More on that later... I have FEELINGS about the view.)
Oh, and the bathrooms. Marble, maybe? I can't remember details after the epic battle with the showerhead (more on that later, too). But the promise of luxury is definitely there. It's like... they *try* really hard. Whether they *succeed* is another story. (Insert nervous laughter here.)
Is the View Really That Amazing? I Saw Some Pictures...
The view… *deep breath*. Okay. The view. When it’s clear? It’s breathtaking. Seriously. You can see for miles. Rolling hills, pine trees, the... the *vastness* of it all. It’s the kind of view that makes you want to write poetry (and then immediately burn the poetry because it's awful, but still). But here's the thing. Tagaytay weather is, shall we say, *unpredictable*. Fog is your enemy. Fog will swallow the view whole. Fog will mock your dreams of Instagram-worthy sunrises. Fog is a grumpy, gray giant.
I once went in summer, and the view was *perfect* for like, two hours total, across three days? Then the fog rolled in... and I spent a lot of time staring at the inside of my eyelids. So, yeah, the view is amazing... when you actually *get* to see it. Cross your fingers, people. Cross. Your. Fingers.
What's the Food Like? Is There Room Service? (Crucial Info!)
Food. Ah, the fuel for life. And a *very* important element of any "escape." Yes, there's room service. (Phew!) The menu… well, it’s decent. They have the usual suspects: pasta, steak, local dishes. I've had both amazing AND completely forgettable meals there. It really is the luck of the draw, and the chef on that particular day.
I remember ordering the adobo. And… well… it was *adobo*. Not the best adobo I've ever had (Mom's is the best, obviously), but it filled the void. There are restaurants nearby too, of course, so you're not completely stuck. But on a cold, foggy night? Room service is a lifesaver. Just… manage your expectations, okay? Don’t build your empire on the quality of the room service.
Are There Activities? Other Than… You Know… Sitting and Staring at the View (When You Can See It)?
Activities! This is where it gets a little… uneven. There's not a ton *directly* at the suites themselves. You're mostly there for the peace and quiet, the view (again, *when you can see it*), and the general feeling of being away from everything. They might have a pool. I think they do... I vaguely remember seeing blue water. (Or maybe I dreamed it?) But, honestly, I usually spend most of my time just wandering among the pine trees.
The real activities are in Tagaytay itself – restaurants, coffee shops, the Sky Ranch (if you're into heights). You'll need to drive or take a tricycle to get around. So, if you’re looking for a jam-packed itinerary, this might not be the place. If you’re looking to de-stress, breathe, and embrace the fog... you're in the right place.
What's the Vibe? Is It Romantic? Family-Friendly? Solo Traveler-Friendly?
The vibe... okay, this is important. I'd say it *leans* romantic, but it really depends on what you're looking for. Couples, definitely. Honeymoon material? Potentially. (Though, again, pray for that view!) Families? Sure, but it might depend on the ages of the kids. (Little kids might get a little bored. My teenager? Total fog-induced boredom but he loves me so he suffered in silence.)
Solo travelers... hmmm. I've done it solo (after a nasty breakup. Don’t ask.) It can be incredibly peaceful. Or it can be slightly… melancholy. Depends on your mood, and your tolerance for quiet. Bring a good book, a journal, and maybe a bottle of wine. (Or three. Don't judge.) It's really about *you* and your ability to embrace the solitude (or escape it!).
Let's Talk About the Shower Pressure. Seriously.
THE SHOWER. Oh, the shower. This is a *story*. Okay? So, in my defense, some suites are perfect. This wasn’t one. I had this *epic* battle with the showerhead. Tiny little trickle of water fighting against gravity, sputtering and coughing, trying to decide if it wants to be lukewarm or completely freezing. I tried everything. I twisted. I yanked. I even whispered sweet nothings to it. Nothing. The water pressure in this place... it’s… let's just say, it's a *character.*
I remember standing there, covered in shampoo, shivering, and muttering under my breath about the unfairness of life. I think I considered moving to the ice bath at one point. I finally, after a good thirty minutes, managed to wrangle it to *barely* a trickle of warm water. The experience? Utterly, hilariously dreadful. And yet... looking back? It's the thing I remember the most. Somehow it's part of the *charm* of the place! So, pack your patience! And maybe a backup plan for showering. (Or just embrace the struggle!)
Any Downsides I Should Be Aware Of? Be Honest!
Alright, no sugarcoating here. Here's the truth: it's not *perfect*. Besides the aforementioned fog and shower pressure (which, honestly, is the *biggest* downside for me), there might be some minor things. Sometimes the service can be a *little* slow (island time, maybe?). The internet can be spotty. Mosquitoes might make an appearance (bring repellant!). And getting around can be a bit reliant on taxis.
But honestly? Those areRoam And Rests


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Crosswinds Tagaytay's Luxurious Suites Await!"