Tianjin Luxury: Lakeview Marriott Exec Apartments - Unforgettable Stay!

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

Tianjin Luxury: Lakeview Marriott Exec Apartments - Unforgettable Stay!

Tianjin Luxury: Lakeview Marriott Exec Apartments - "Unforgettable" or "Almost Manageable" Stay? My Tangled Thoughts…

Alright, alright, let's dive headfirst into this beast: the Tianjin Luxury: Lakeview Marriott Exec Apartments. "Unforgettable Stay!" they boast. Well, grab your mental notepad, folks, because I'm about to etch my experience into your brain, flaws and all. And trust me, there were flaws. But also, some genuinely lovely bits.

First Impressions & the Accessibility Tango:

Okay, so first things first: accessibility. They say wheelchair accessible. And… well, it's complicated. [Ruffled brow emoji] The elevators seemed reliable, thank goodness, and I saw ramps in a few spots. But navigating the sprawling property felt like an adventure, even for someone not in a wheelchair! It's HUGE. Imagine trying to find your room after a long flight. Exhausting. So, while technically accessible, it might still require some serious planning. They do have facilities for disabled guests, thankfully. I'd recommend calling ahead, asking REALLY specific questions, and maybe even demanding photographic evidence of accessible routes. Don't be shy!

Internet Access & Staying Connected (or Not!):

Ah, the siren song of "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" Yes, yes, it's there. And yes, it's free. But… [gestures wildly] it's not always the fastest. My internet connection went from lightning fast to a snail's pace after dinner one night, making streaming a no-go. (Thank goodness for on-demand movies!) Internet [LAN] was an option, apparently, but who even uses those anymore? I'm a wireless girl through and through. More reliable at least, that's what they promised. Wi-Fi in public areas? Hit or miss. Sometimes perfect, sometimes frustratingly slow. Just pack your patience, kids.

Pampering Paradise (or Panic-Inducing Price Tags?):

Let’s talk “ways to relax,” because, frankly, after trying to navigate this place, I needed to! The Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, and Swimming pool [outdoor] situation? Overwhelming. Where do I even begin?

Okay, here's the tea. The pool? Stunning. The view? Breathtaking. The water? A little chilly, even for an indoor pool. But that view! It almost, almost, made up for the initial shock of how much everything cost. The spa… well, I didn't actually go, because the price list made my eyes water faster than the steam room. (Yes, they have a steamroom!) But I heard whispers, and from those whispers, I gathered it was, shall we say, premium priced. I might have chickened out a little.

The fitness center, on the other hand, I did brave. Clean, well-equipped, and with enough treadmills to keep everyone happy. Felt a bit awkward, though. Like, I was sweating in a hotel. Who does that?

Cleanliness & Safety - A COVID-Conscious Stay:

Now, onto the serious stuff: cleanliness and safety. They were clearly taking COVID seriously. Really seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment… the list went on. I felt reassured, but it also felt a little… clinical, at times. Like living in a hospital. Though, let's be honest, better safe than sorry. I appreciate the effort, but the constant "sanitizing" reminders did make me a little paranoid after a while, and made me appreciate my own cleanliness. I mean, my apartment could use a scrub.

Food, Glorious Food! And the Price…:

Food! Always a highlight, right? Let's break down the dining, drinking, and snacking situation:

  • Restaurants & Variety: They have a bunch of options. A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Whew! Variety is the spice of life, baby!

  • My personal experience

    • I ventured into the international buffet because… why not? It was visually impressive, a sprawling landscape of culinary delights, with a gorgeous ambiance. I was ready to eat, to conquer! This is what I’d been waiting for!

    • First impression? The food presentation was impeccable. All the dishes were perfectly arranged.

    • My first plate? Loaded with sushi, noodles, and a tiny dim sum.

    • The second plate? A collection of desserts. Mostly cakes and pastries, everything you could want.

    • The third plate? More sushi. Yes, I was definitely eating sushi.

    • Everything tasted exquisite! The chefs put so much thought and effort into creating this magical feast.

    • The staff hovered politely while I got my fill. They were very attentive, coming over when I needed a drink top-up or more napkins.

    • It seemed like everyone was there to enjoy the food, with several business types also indulging!

    • By the end of the buffet, I felt as if I had gone to food heaven! It was an absolutely amazing experience.

    • But then…the bill came. And my good mood deflated faster than a punctured balloon. Let's just say, it was more expensive than I had anticipated. Worth it? Maybe. But ouch. [Clutches chest dramatically]

  • Room service [24-hour] and Convenience: The 24-hour room service was a lifesaver. Had a late-night craving for a burger? Boom! Delivered to your door. Absolutely brilliant. Breakfast in room was a nice touch too.

  • Other Food Stuff: Had they been more attentive, the pool bar might have been a hit, but there were times when I was desperate for a drink and had to hunt down a waiter. Alternative meal arrangement was thankfully offered, because my dietary restrictions were a problem at the start.

Services and Conveniences - The Good, the Bad, and the "Meh":

Okay, let's get through these quickly:

  • Good: Daily housekeeping was impeccable. My room always sparkling. Cash withdrawal availability, very handy. Concierge was helpful… when you could find them. Doorman always greeted you with a smile.
  • Mediocre: Air conditioning in public area often felt inadequate. Bicycle parking was there, but who bikes? Food delivery service was a little slow, and the choices were limited. The Indoor venue for special events wasn’t very well-advertised, sadly.
  • Annoying: The convenience store was overpriced. And the meeting/banquet facilities? I have no idea, I didn't need them. I just know they had them.

The Room Itself - Ah, My Sanctuary (Sort Of):

Now, the room. This is where things get really interesting… or, in my case, slightly ridiculous.

  • The Good: Air conditioning was a must. Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Complimentary tea and coffee, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Mini bar, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The bed? Heavenly. The Blackout curtains? A lifesaver. The complimentary tea and coffee? Fuel for my daily adventures.
  • The "Meh": The TV [satellite/cable channels]? a bit confusing, and it took me ages to get the hang of it. The Internet access – wireless was a bit patchy on some nights, as mentioned.
  • The Quirks: I requested a high floor, and I got one. But the view from my window was a depressing parking lot. I asked for an interconnecting room, but I was alone.

For the Kids, and Couples, and Everyone Else:

  • For kids: it seems they had kids' activities. Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, all available.
  • For couples: they have Couple's room and Proposal spot, so you can make it romantic.
  • The rest: lots of features to make your life easier. **CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express],
Kansas City Getaway: Fairfield Inn & Suites Liberty - Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your meticulously planned travel itinerary, polished to a high sheen. This is real travel journaling, unfiltered. We're heading to The Lakeview, Tianjin – Marriott Executive Apartments, China. Prepare for some glorious chaos.

The Lakeview & Beyond: A Tianjin Tango (Or, My Attempt at Sophistication in Slightly-Too-Big-Pajamas)

Day 1: Arrival - The Great Jet Lag Jamboree

  • Morning (But What Time?): Landed in Tianjin. Let's be honest, my internal clock is still screaming "LONDON!" even though my body is in China. The airport was…well, an airport. Efficient, I guess. Didn't understand a single announcement, which, you know, is fine. Adds to the adventure! Got a taxi (praise be for Google Translate!) and the driver clearly thought I was a particularly flamboyant goldfish judging by his driving style. Thrilling, nonetheless.

  • Afternoon: Arrived at The Lakeview. Okay, impressive. Marble everywhere. I'm pretty sure I nearly tripped over a fountain in the lobby, trying to look sophisticated whilst wrestling with my luggage. This place is swanky. My apartment… oh, my apartment. It's bigger than my actual apartment in London. I'm pretty sure a small family could live here quite comfortably. Currently contemplating whether I can justify buying a tiny, inflatable pool for the living room. We'll see. Unpacked mostly, which mainly involves the ritualistic explosion of clothes to find my travel pillow.

  • Evening: The Buffet Saga & Accidental Karaoke: The buffet… oh, the buffet. I'm a sucker for a good hotel buffet. I sampled EVERYTHING. Sushi I didn't recognize, some weird delicious bean curd concoction, possibly a small portion of the chef's soul. I swear I could hear my arteries hardening with each bite. The highlight? The tiny, impossibly cute dumplings. I swear I ate about thirty. After dinner, I wandered down to the bar. Turns out there was karaoke. I, under the influence of delicious dumplings and jet lag, gave it a whirl. Let's just say, "Bohemian Rhapsody" should probably be left to Freddie Mercury. The locals were incredibly gracious about my off-key performance. Bless their hearts.

Day 2: Culture Shock (and a Desperate Search for Coffee)

  • Morning: Temple Time & the Art of Navigation (Or, I Got Lost…Again): Okay, so I ventured out. Found a temple. Beautiful. Absolutely stunning. Incense, chanting, the works. Felt a little bit like an imposter, though. Like I was a tourist, ruining the serenity with my general clumsiness and the fact that I was staring, googly-eyed and mouth agape, at everything. Lost my way afterward. I relied on Google Maps, but those narrow alleyways were like a labyrinth. I think I walked past the same noodle stall three times. Eventually, with a combination of pointing, miming, and sheer luck, I found my way back. Lesson learned: always carry a picture of the hotel in your pocket.

  • Afternoon: The Tianjin Eye & High Tea Trauma: The Tianjin Eye. Impressive, if a bit…well, round. Watched the river flow below. The view was good, even though the air quality was a little hazy. Thought about doing some shopping at a nearby, fancier mall, I decided I would, in a moment of grandeur, go for high tea. The tea itself was rather nice. The cakes were miniature masterpieces (I ate a small one). The problem? The other people there were very put together. Like, designer handbags, perfect makeup, talking in hushed tones. Here I am, with tired eyes and what I'm pretty sure is dumpling sauce on my jacket. I felt utterly underdressed.

  • Evening: The Quest for Coffee (A Desperate Plea): The caffeine withdrawal is REAL. So, I’m on a mission. I've heard rumors of a Starbucks somewhere. I'm ready to risk life and limb to find it. If I see another instant coffee packet, I might spontaneously combust.

Day 3: Doubling Down on the Noodles & a Whirlwind of Whispered Stories

  • Morning: The Starbucks – HOORAY! The coffee saved my life. I devoured a croissant the size of my head, and I returned to my apartment with a new lease on life. With my newfound energy, I tried again to navigate Tianjin. I was still lost easily, but I started to recognize some of the streets.
  • Afternoon: Noodle Obsession & a Meeting with an Old Timer: I swear, I could live on noodles alone. Went back to the noodle stall from my lost-trip. And doubled down! Ordered the same bowl of noodles. The owner, a little wizened old woman with the most infectious laugh I’ve ever heard, seemed to remember me. She just beamed and waved her hand dismissively to the side. It was absolutely comforting as I sat in the tiny stall, slurping noodles and watching the Tianjin world go by.
  • Evening: Whisper of Stories I was invited out for a walk with some locals who were interested in practicing their English. They told me stories about where they were born. Their words are the memories of their lives that they’ll never lose. And with each step, the stories of their lives came alive for me. As the day closed, I felt very grateful and it felt strange that I was sharing stories with them. But that’s what made it great.

Day 4: Departure - Bitter, Sweet, and Covered in Dumpling Grease

  • Morning: The Farewell Buffet (Again) & Packing Regret: One last hurrah at the buffet! Ate every last dumpling. Packing is a disaster. I realized I had bought far too many snacks. How do I fit everything in? Oh well…

  • Afternoon: The Goodbye: Back at the airport. The driver was better this time, which I took to be a sign I'd earned a little respect. Tianjin, you were a whirlwind. Sometimes confusing, often delicious, and always, always, memorable. I'll miss my apartment. I'll miss the noodles. I’ll definitely miss the dumplings. And next time? I'm learning Mandarin and I'm buying a travel pool. Until next time, China!

P.S. I almost forgot! I actually saw a street cat wearing a tiny sweater. A. Tiny. Sweater. In Tianjin. I have no further comment.

Memphis Getaway: Unbeatable Sonesta Simply Suites Deal!

Book Now

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China```html

Tianjin Luxury: Lakeview Marriott Exec Apartments - FAQs (and a little bit of my brain, tbh)

Is this place... *actually* luxurious? Like, does the marble extend to the toilet seat kind of luxurious?

Okay, so let's be real. "Luxury" is a word thrown around like confetti these days. The Lakeview Marriott? Yeah, it's up there. Think: marble that’s *probably* not on the toilet seat, but you're not going to be thinking "ew, cheap plastic" either. It's more of a *clean-lines-and-high-thread-count-sheets* kind of luxury. The apartments are spacious – I’m talking, you could *almost* play a badminton match in the living room spacious. (Almost. Don't tell them I said that.) Think modern, sleek, and surprisingly comfortable. They've got the gadgets, the amenities... the works. But is it Vegas-level bling? Nah. It's a refined, understated luxury that's actually preferable. Trust me, I've been through the Vegas bling, and it's exhausting.

What's the location like? I'm not exactly familiar with Tianjin.

Alright, Tianjin... picture this: a bustling modern city with a bit of a European flair (thanks, old colonial influences!). The Lakeview? It's, well, *lakeview*. Seriously. You get a great view. It's in a quieter area, which is a HUGE plus in my book – less honking, more zen. It's not right in the heart of the chaos, which is good. You’re close to shopping centers, restaurants, and all that jazz. Getting around is easy enough, taxis are plentiful and cheap, and I even managed the subway once (don't ask, it was a learning experience). Just don’t expect to be stumbling out of the apartment and right into a teahouse at 3 am. You’ll have to plan a little, but that just adds to the adventure, right? (Okay, maybe a tiny bit of planning...)

The apartments have "executive" in the name. Does that mean I have to wear a suit all the time? Because, honestly, I'd rather not.

Hahaha! No, no pressure to dress like you're about to give a presentation. The "executive" is more about the *services* and level of comfort. Think of it less as “corporate drone” and more as "pampered traveler." Although, I did see a guy in a full pinstripe suit by the pool one day. Bless him. You can totally rock your jeans and t-shirt, and nobody will bat an eyelid. They cater more to the business type, but they definitely aren't snobby about it. It’s a very relaxed, welcoming vibe.

What about the amenities? I'm a gym rat, a pool enthusiast, and my stomach is a bottomless pit.

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this is where things get interesting. The gym? It's decent. All the machines are there, clean towels, the whole shebang. The pool… ah, the pool. It's gorgeous. Outdoor, and during my stay, absolutely *perfect*. The sun, the breeze, the water shimmering… pure bliss. One little imperfection, and it’s on me: my sunscreen-application game was atrocious. I had the *most* epic sunburn one day. (Pro-tip: Don't underestimate the Tianjin sun.) Now, that bottomless pit... there’s a restaurant. The food is good, but it wasn't the culinary highlight of my trip. Room service is ALWAYS an adventure, and the tiny fridge can't keep up with my snack addiction. However, there are great restaurants nearby... and I discovered this amazing dumpling place! (More on that later...)

Is the staff helpful? Because sometimes a hotel staff just... doesn't care.

The staff at the Lakeview Marriott? They’re great! Actually, they’re amazing. I had a minor crisis (lost my charger, complete panic!) and they were on it immediately. English is spoken by most, too. I am so grateful to them, they were so kind and patient. They genuinely seemed to care about my experience, from recommending the best local tea shops to fixing my wonky wi-fi. They were attentive without being intrusive. Okay, let me tell you, during my time there, I tried the bath. The HUGE bath; it had jets and everything. And, you guessed it, I flooded the bathroom. Like, proper soaked-through-the-door-and-down-the-hall flood. I was mortified, convinced I was going to get a bill that would make me weep. The staff? They were SO gracious. They cleaned it up, no fuss. They even brought me extra towels! The service? 10/10. I'll never forget it.

Okay, spill the tea. What's the *one thing* that really blew you away (good or bad)?

Okay, fine. You want the truth? Alright, here it is… The *morning view*. I’m talking, step out onto the balcony (because, yes, you usually get a balcony) and… BAM! The lake. The sun rising. The mist. It was… stunning, seriously. I'm not a "morning person" generally, but I started dragging myself out of bed early just to watch the sunrise. It was like a painting! The colors, the reflections… honestly, it was worth the entire trip just for that view. I'd sit there with my coffee, completely lost in the moment. Pure, unadulterated, peaceful bliss. It’s hard to describe the feeling… It's worth the price of admission, honestly. It made me forget all my worries and appreciate the simple beauty of the world. That feeling... that's something you don't get from just any hotel. That's the real luxury, you know?

Would you go back? (And why or why not?)

Absolutely. Yes. Without hesitation. Despite the sunburn, the slight fridge inadequacy, and my near-disastrous bathroom flood (which, by the way, I still apologize for, staff!), I would go back in a heartbeat. The apartments are comfortable, the staff is wonderful, the location is great (once you get your bearings), and the view… the view… it’s just magical. Plus, there’s that dumpling place I mentioned… I have unfinished business with those dumplings. And maybe, just maybe, I'd get better sunscreen coverage. Seriously though: go. Just go. Pack the good sunscreen, though. You'll thank me later.

``` Searchotel

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

The Lakeview, Tianjin -- Marriott Executive Apartments Tianjin China

Post a Comment for "Tianjin Luxury: Lakeview Marriott Exec Apartments - Unforgettable Stay!"