Uncover Fes's Hidden Gem: Riad Laaroussa—A Moroccan Oasis Awaits!

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Uncover Fes's Hidden Gem: Riad Laaroussa—A Moroccan Oasis Awaits!

Uncover Fes's Hidden Gem: Riad Laaroussa - A Moroccan Oasis (My Honest Take!)

(SEO Keywords: Riad Laaroussa, Fes, Morocco, Luxury Riad, Accessible Fes, Spa Fes, Moroccan Hospitality, Best Fes Hotels, Wheelchair Accessible Morocco, Riad Review, Fes Accommodation, Pool with a View, Moroccan Cuisine, Hidden Gem, Fes Travel)

Okay, buckle up, because I'm about to gush (and maybe grumble a little) about my stay at Riad Laaroussa in Fes. Let me preface this by saying: Morocco absolutely stole a piece of my heart. And Riad Laaroussa? Well, it was the jewel in the crown, the cherry on top, the…okay, you get the idea. This place is special. But let's be real, it's not perfect. (And honestly, I kind of prefer that.)

First Impressions (and the Jet Lag Nightmare):

Landing in Fes was a sensory overload – in the best possible way! The bustling souks, the smells of spices, the calls to prayer… it's intoxicating. Then, after a slightly terrifying yet exhilarating taxi ride (honestly, navigating Fes is a skill in itself!), we arrived. Stepping through the unassuming door of Riad Laaroussa felt like entering a different world. Suddenly, the chaos of the medina melted away, replaced by a serene courtyard, the gentle trickle of a fountain, and the promise of mint tea.

  • (Emotional Reaction: Immediately felt a sense of peace, like a heavy weight had lifted. Needed that!)

The riad itself is stunning. That traditional architecture! The intricate tilework! The soaring ceilings! Honestly, you could spend a whole afternoon just wandering around, gawking.

  • Accessibility: Okay, so this is important. Riad Laaroussa tries hard on this front. They have an elevator, which is a huge plus for a riad. The front desk mentioned they have accessible rooms, too. However, navigating the uneven floors and some tighter corners can be tricky. While they are working on making improvements, it’s essential to confirm your specific needs with them beforehand and maybe pack a friend to give you a hand. Overall, it's a solid effort, but definitely ask specific questions.
  • Check-in/out [express]: Absolutely! Smooth and efficient.
  • Check-in/out [private]: Yep, you're whisked away to a quiet space for a personalized experience.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Mentioned accessible rooms, but confirm details.
  • Elevator: A major win!

The Room: My Own Little Palace (Almost)

We booked a room with… wait for it… air conditioning! (Trust me, you'll want it.)

  • Available in all rooms: YES!
  • Air conditioning: HEAVENLY.
  • Blackout curtains: Essential for those early sunrises.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Worked perfectly (mostly).
  • Internet access – wireless: Always a bonus.
  • Internet access – LAN: Nice to have, but I didn't use it.
  • Alarm clock: Check.
  • Bathrobes: Luxurious touch!
  • Bathroom phone: Weird, but okay.
  • Bathtub: And a separate shower!
  • Closet: Plenty big enough.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Vital.
  • Complimentary tea: More mint tea!
  • Daily housekeeping: Spotless!
  • Desk: Ideal for laptop work.
  • Free bottled water: Always appreciated.
  • Hair dryer: Saved my life.
  • In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
  • Interconnecting room(s) available: Great for families.
  • Ironing facilities: Surprisingly useful.
  • Laptop workspace: Another win.
  • Linens: High quality, comfy.
  • Mini bar: Tempting!
  • Mirror: Lots of mirrors to stare at how gorgeous I was in there.
  • Non-smoking: Yay.
  • On-demand movies: Never actually used them, but good to know.
  • Private bathroom: Of course, always a relief.
  • Reading light: Perfect.
  • Refrigerator: Handy for drinks.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Who watches TV in Fes?!
  • Scale: Tempting to see if I gained weight from all the delicious food (I did).
  • Seating area: Relaxing.
  • Separate shower/bathtub: Luxe living.
  • Shower: Great water pressure.
  • Slippers: Thoughtful touch.
  • Smoke detector: Safety first.
  • Socket near the bed: Genius!
  • Sofa: Comfy for lounging.
  • Soundproofing: Mostly effective, but you can hear some of the hustle and bustle occasionally.
  • Telephone: Still exists!
  • Toiletries: Smelled wonderful.
  • Towels: Fluffy.
  • Wake-up service: Never needed it.
  • Window that opens: Air circulation yay!
  • Extra long bed: Needed this, for comfort.
  • Desk: Got a surprising amount of work done here.

My one minor quibble? While the décor was beautiful, it wasn't the freshest, I will be honest. A few minor signs of wear and tear. But honestly? It’s a small price to pay for the charm and service. Plus, I really didn’t care once i sunk into the mattress.

Food, Glorious Food! (And the Poolside Bar)

Okay, let’s talk food. Moroccan cuisine is divine, and Riad Laaroussa absolutely delivers.

  • Asian breakfast: Never actually tried it, but it's there!
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant: Same!
  • A la carte in restaurant: Delicious options, and worth every penny.
  • Bar: The rooftop bar has an unreal view, perfect for sunset cocktails.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: Excellent! A delightful mix of local delicacies and continental options.
  • Breakfast service: Attentive service, always with a smile.
  • Bottle of water: Always available.
  • Buffet in restaurant: Plenty to choose from.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: A must.
  • Coffee shop: More good choices.
  • Desserts in restaurant: Oh. My. Goodness. The pastries… swoon.
  • Dining, drinking, and snacking: Covered, and then some.
  • Happy hour: Score!
  • International cuisine in restaurant: Perfect if you need a break from Moroccan food (but why would you?!).
  • Poolside bar: Heaven on earth, especially after a day of exploring.
  • Restaurants: Excellent on site dining.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Always a plus.
  • Salad in restaurant: Refreshing.
  • Snack bar: Good for quick bites.
  • Soup in restaurant: Cozy.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: They are flexible also.
  • Western breakfast: Good for people who don't want the local breakfast (but why would you?!)
  • Western cuisine in restaurant: Perfectly good if you want a break.

We ate dinner at the riad the first night (after getting a little lost in the souks, which is basically mandatory), and it was fantastic. The tagine? Perfection. The service was impeccable.

  • (Quirky observation: I think I developed a slight addiction to the mint tea. I need to find a source!)

And the poolside bar? Forget about it. Order a cocktail, watch the sun dip below the rooftops, and feel the stress melt away. I may or may not have spent several hours lounging there. I have a strong memory of how good the view was. The mint tea was also very nice.

  • Pool with view: Yep! Amazing views.
  • Swimming pool: Wonderful to have.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: The best kind.

Spa Day: My Day of Pure Bliss…and a Minor Disaster

Okay, so the spa. This is where things got really good.

  • Body scrub: Amazing!
  • Body wrap: Relaxing!
  • Foot bath: Soothing.
  • Massage: One of the best I've ever had.
  • Sauna: The sauna was nice.
  • Spa: Wonderful
  • Spa/sauna: Highly recommend.
  • Steamroom: Very nice.

I booked a massage and a hammam treatment, and it was pure bliss. The masseuse was incredibly skilled, and I floated out of there feeling like a new person. (I thought I had peaked, I didn't peak.)

  • **(Emotional Reaction: I cried. I’m not ashamed to admit it! Pure, unadulter
Oceanside Getaway: Days Inn Oceanfront Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your sanitized travel brochure. We're diving headfirst into Fez, Morocco, and specifically, Riad Laaroussa. Prepare for the real deal – the sweaty palms, the lost-in-translation moments, and the sheer, unadulterated beauty (and chaos) of it all.

Fez Itinerary: The Messy, Honest Version (Riad Laaroussa Edition)

Pre-Trip Nervous Breakdown (aka, The Preparations)

  • Weeks Before: "Research." That's what I told myself I was doing. Really, it was a panicked scrolling spree through Instagram, fueled by endless cups of lukewarm coffee and an unshakeable fear of getting lost in a souk for eternity. My phone was basically a Moroccan-themed Pinterest board.
  • Days Before: Packing. Okay, so I thought I was super prepared, but on the plane, I quickly realized I'd brought way too many shoes and not enough practical things like… you know… sunscreen. Facepalm. Also, I'd attempted to learn basic Arabic phrases. My pronunciation? Let's just say the locals were more entertained than intimidated.
  • The Travel: Flight hell. Delayed flights, claustrophobic middle seats, and the existential dread of airline peanuts. But hey, it’s part of the “experience”, right? Right?

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Bewilderment (Riad Laaroussa as a Base)

  • Morning (or What Passes for Morning After a Red-Eye): Finally, we were in Fez! Stepping out of the taxi felt like walking into a vibrant, chaotic dream. The air hit like a warm, spicy hug. The Medina… well, the Medina was a sensory overload. Narrow streets, donkeys laden with goods, the calls to prayer echoing from everywhere… It was absolutely overwhelming AND breathtaking.
  • Mid-Day: Riad Laaroussa! Finding the place was an adventure in itself. Seriously, good luck figuring it out without a local escort (which we had). But once inside, whoa. A tranquil oasis. The courtyard, with its intricate tiling, the bubbling fountain… instant chill. The staff was super kind, even though I was probably looking like a lost puppy at this point.
  • Afternoon: We got checked in the Riad. The rooms were gorgeous. It felt like stepping into a fairy tale. BUT, the excitement was quickly replaced by the familiar jet lag that was starting to kick in. That nap was crucial, otherwise; I would have gone insane.
  • Evening: Dinner at the in-house restaurant. The food! Oh, the food! Tagine, couscous, the freshest bread imaginable. The flavors were an explosion in my mouth. I probably ate too much, but I couldn't help it. The whole ambiance, the music, the smell of spices… it was pure magic. Tried to walk off some of the food and get a feel for the nearby streets when I realized I was completely disoriented. Back to the Riad.

Day 2: Diving Deep into the Medina (And Maybe Getting Slightly Lost)

(Warning: This is where the "messy" part kicks in full force.)

  • Morning: Breakfast at the Riad was a luxurious spread of pastries, fresh fruit, and mint tea. Seriously, I think I developed a mint tea addiction in about 30 seconds flat. Fueled up, we decided to brave the Medina. I mean, how hard could it be? Famous last words.
  • Mid-Day: The Souks! We wandered into the labyrinthine souks and got completely, wonderfully lost. The sights, the sounds, the smells… it was just mesmerizing. We got a henna tattoo (totally touristy, but I don't care, it was beautiful.) I haggled for a scarf and felt like I’d won the lottery. Buying something and haggling for it is a sport! The shopkeepers were so friendly and funny, even though I’m sure they were laughing at my attempts to speak French.
  • Afternoon: Okay, here’s where things get a little… well, "adventurous." We found the tanneries of Chouara. The smell was… pungent. Like, seriously, mind-bendingly pungent. I was definitely not prepared for that. There were also so many people around. It was a little overwhelming to be honest. But! The views from above were incredible, even if I had to hold my breath a lot. And the colors! Those colors were so vibrant and gorgeous that it took my breath away.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: We stumbled upon a tiny restaurant tucked away in a side alley. No English menu, no idea what we were ordering. We just pointed and hoped for the best. And it was the best! The food was delicious, and we had a real moment – just us, the locals, and the shared experience of a fantastic meal. Totally memorable experience. A moment that I feel connected to the place. I think I found the heart of the city in that meal.

Day 3: The Sacred and the Senses (And Regrets… or Maybe Not?)

  • Morning: Visited the Al-Attarine Madrasa. Absolutely beautiful. The details in the woodwork and the architecture transported me. It was quiet, reverent, and a wonderful contrast to the bustling streets outside.
  • Mid-Day: The Spice Souk. Honestly, I'd thought I’d be immune to the sensory overload by now, but the spice souk was another level. Mountains of cinnamon, saffron, cumin… The colors, the aromas, the energy… I bought so many spices I'd probably need a new suitcase.
  • Afternoon: Okay, so the regrets part… I accidentally bought a leather jacket that was probably the most ridiculous shade of orange you’ve ever seen. I mean, seriously. BUT, it was only 10 dollars! And now I have a leather jacket to remember this crazy adventure. No regrets? Maybe not!
  • Evening: Another amazing dinner at the Riad. I’m telling you, that kitchen is magical. Decided to explore the Rooftop and have a final mint tea before turning in.

Day 4: The Slow Goodbye (And the Dread of Leaving)

  • Morning: Breakfast at the Riad. Soak it all in, my friends. Every cup of tea, every crumble of pastry.
  • Mid-Day: One last wander through the Medina. I wanted to soak it all in. We purchased last minute souvenirs, and said goodbye to all the shopkeepers we had grown close to.
  • Afternoon: Time to say farewell to Riad Laaroussa. A final walk through the courtyard. I felt a deep sadness to leave. I had such a good time.
  • Evening: Travel back.

Quirky Observations & Emotional Spills:

  • The Mint Tea: Honestly, I think I could subsist solely on mint tea for the rest of my life. I'm seriously considering importing it.
  • Lost in Translation: My attempts at French/Arabic were met with amusement (mostly). But everyone was so patient and kind, even when I butchered their language.
  • The Donkeys: They are the lifeblood of the Medina. And they have the right of way, always.
  • The Colors: The constant explosion of color is just…wow. From the vibrant spices in the souks to the intricate tilework in the Riads, it's a feast for the eyes.
  • Emotional Reaction: This trip kicked my butt in the best way possible. The culture shock, the sensory overload, the utter chaos… it was exhilarating and exhausting all at once. I left a piece of my heart in Fez. The people. The smells. The food. The textures. It was something I’ll never forget.

Okay, so it wasn't perfect. There were moments of frustration, definitely moments of panic, and probably way too many orange leather jackets in my future. But it was real. And that, my friends, is what makes a trip unforgettable. Now go book your own adventure to Fez. Just… maybe learn a few Arabic phrases first. 😉

Mansouri Mansions: Your Manama Dream Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco```html Uncover Fes's Hidden Gem: Riad Laaroussa FAQs - A Moroccan Oasis Awaits!

Okay, Seriously, Is Riad Laaroussa Actually *That* Good?

Alright, alright, settle down. Look, are you expecting a perfectly curated Instagram feed come to life? Because... maybe. Depends on the day. Riad Laaroussa? It's...a mood. It's not just “good.” It’s a slow, sneaky seduction. You arrive, jet-lagged, disoriented by the medina's chaos and then... BAM! You’re in another world. I remember the first time, stumbling through the bab el-ghoul, basically getting lost a dozen times, sweating like a pig, and then *voila!* The heavy wooden door. And inside? Whoa. It felt like walking into a secret garden. I'm talking lush courtyard, overflowing with flowers, the scent of something cooking… cinnamon? Rosewater? Honestly, I was too overwhelmed to tell. My *jaw* dropped. Seriously. Good? Try *heaven*. (Just don't expect the WiFi to be heaven-sent, more on that later...)

So, What's a Riad Anyway? And Why Should I Care?

Okay, so a Riad is basically a traditional Moroccan house, usually with an interior courtyard. Think of it like… a house with a secret heart. You won't see the beauty from the outside. The outside is all chaotic market stalls and donkeys and… let’s be honest, sometimes questionable smells. But inside? You've got this oasis of calm. And why should *you* care? Because, darling, you deserve a break from the chaos. You deserve a moment to just… breathe. And trust me, after navigating the Fes medina, you'll *need* it. It's like, imagine you’re in a washing machine for hours, getting tossed around, and then *plop* you're in a fluffy, warm dryer. Riad Laaroussa is that fluffy, warm dryer, but with better food.

The Rooms – Are They Tiny Little Boxes or… Luxurious Palaces?

Okay, rooms. This is where things get… textured. They're not *tiny* tiny boxes, although they're not exactly sprawling ballrooms either. It really depends on your room, and how much you paid, to be honest. But even the smaller ones have their charm. They’re… *Moroccan*. Meaning intricate tilework, beautiful archways, and comfortable (if a tad firm) beds. The ceilings? Incredible. And the bathrooms… well, depending on your room, they *might* be a tiny bit… dated. I had one with a shower that threatened to flood the whole thing on more than one occasion, and I swear, the hot water was a cruel mistress. But honestly? I didn’t even care. Because of the… the *mood*. Seriously, that place has some serious 'mood'. And the ones with balconies overlooking the courtyard? Pure. Magic. Although, be warned, the call to prayer will wake you up. Every. Single. Morning. But you know what? You get used to it. Or at least, you learn to appreciate the beauty of it.

Let’s Talk Food. Is the Food As Good As Everyone Says?

Oh. My. God. The food. The *food*. Okay, so I’m not usually one to gush (well, maybe I am, but whatever), but the food at Riad Laaroussa… it’s worth the trip to Fes *alone*. Let me tell you about the tagine. Oh, the tagine! I dream about that tagine. I kid you not. Perfectly tender lamb or succulent chicken, slowly simmered with spices, dried fruit, and… MAGIC. It was so good. Absolutely, unbelievably good. And breakfast... oh, the breakfasts! Freshly baked bread, homemade jams, creamy yogurt, and freshly squeezed orange juice that tasted like sunshine. I think I gained five pounds just on the breakfasts alone. And I’d do it again in a heartbeat. One time, the chef, a sweet woman named Fatima (I think), made bastilla, a savoury pie, and I swear… it was the best thing I’d ever eaten in my entire life. I wanted to hug her. Seriously. The food? Fantastic.

Okay, So What About the Staff? Are They Actually Helpful or Just… There?

The staff… they are part of the magic. They're genuinely lovely, and they’re always smiling. Not that fake, hotel-staff smile either. They *seem* to really love their jobs. They are helpful, friendly, and they all seem to speak like, five languages. They'll help you with anything – arranging tours, calling taxis, even just giving you directions when you’re inevitably (and repeatedly) lost. They're incredibly patient, especially with the jet-lagged zombies that stumble in, desperately seeking water and a comfortable place to collapse. I remember once, I was trying to find this specific spice market, and I was hopelessly lost. I wandered into a tiny shop, frustrated and probably looking like a mess, and the shopkeeper just pointed me towards the Riad. They knew. They just knew. And when I finally got back, the staff just smiled. "Lost again?" They'd ask. Their kindness, it was...a balm.

The Wi-Fi… Is It a Myth? A Legend? Or Just Terrible?

Okay, real talk time. The Wi-Fi situation? It's… spotty. Let's just say it’s not going to win any awards. Prepare to embrace the digital detox. Which, actually, might be a good thing. I was so frustrated at first! I needed to work, I needed to check in with the real world! Then, I got over it. Seriously. I went and sat in the courtyard, had some mint tea (which, by the way, is *incredible* at Riad Laaroussa), watched the birds flit about, and… didn’t look at my phone for, like, hours. The world didn’t end. In fact, the world actually got a little brighter. So yeah, the Wi-Fi's terrible. Embrace it. Become one with the tranquility. Consider it part of the experience. Just don’t expect to upload any Instagram stories in a timely fashion.

Is It Kid-Friendly?

Hmm. Kid-friendly… well, it depends on your kids, and their levels of adventurousness. The riad itself is beautiful, but it also has a lot of stairs. The courtyard is picturesque, but could maybe, potentially, be a danger zone for toddlers (or clumsy adults). They do, however, offer family rooms/suites, so they do cater a bit for family. But...the medina itself? That's a whole other ball game. Just… be prepared. Lots of people, scooters whizzing past, potential for chaos. Your kids will either love it or hate it. There is no middle ground. Probably best if you have older, more independent kids.
Snooze And Stay

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Riad Laaroussa Fes Morocco

Post a Comment for "Uncover Fes's Hidden Gem: Riad Laaroussa—A Moroccan Oasis Awaits!"