
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Benikea Yangsan Hotel, Your Yangsan Escape!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits? Let's Unpack the Benikea Yangsan Hotel Experience! (A Messy, Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up, because this isn't your sanitized, corporate review. This is me, spilling the beans on my recent Yangsan escape to the Benikea Hotel. "Unbelievable Luxury"? Well, hold my kimchi, because we're about to find out.
(SEO & Metadata Time!): Benikea Yangsan Hotel Review, Yangsan Hotel, South Korea, Luxury Hotel, Spa, Swimming Pool, Accessible Hotel, Family-Friendly, Restaurant, WiFi, Fitness Center, Cleanliness, Reviews, Yangsan Escape, Travel, Accommodation
First Impressions: The Lobby That Didn't Quite Wow…
Pulling up to the Benikea, the exterior was sleek, modern, promising… something. The lobby itself was… fine. Not quite "jaw-dropping," more like "pleasant neutral territory." Decent, but not the kind of place that makes you instantly think, "WOW, I'm in luxury!" The front desk staff were perfectly polite, efficient, but, and this is a small thing, it felt a tad clinical. A smile that reaches the eyes? Could've used one of those. But hey, maybe I was just cranky from the drive.
(Access & Getting Around): The hotel advertised itself as accessible, which was a crucial point for me as I booked it for my grandmother. The elevator was there (thank God!), and the lobby and common areas seemed to be generally wheelchair-friendly. They boasted about facilities for disabled guests, which I needed to check. I'm not fully in the know on accessibility but just seeing those basic infrastructure was a big weight off my shoulder.
(Accessibility – The Good and the "Could Be Better"): Now, the rooms. That's where it got interesting.
(Rooms & Amenities – A Mixed Bag of Delight and Disappointment):
(Available in all rooms): Let's run through the checklist: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes (YES!), bathroom phone (huh? who uses that?), bathtub, blackout curtains (bless!), carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea (yay!), daily housekeeping (spotless!), desk, extra long bed (appreciated!), free bottled water, hair dryer (thank GOD), high floor (decent view), in-room safe box, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless (THANK YOU, WIFI!), ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar (expensive, but there!), mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies (meh), private bathroom, Reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale (yikes!), seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, wi-fi [free], window that opens.
I’m a huge fan for a hotel that gives you the works - and Benikea did that. The rooms were generally well-appointed, and the bed was, thankfully, super comfy. The Wi-Fi was free and actually worked well. You know how that's not always the case? Major points for that. The daily housekeeping was impeccable. The room was always spotless when I got back, and you could tell they took hygiene seriously. I can’t stress enough -- the blackout curtains were a lifesaver. I'm a light sleeper and it's like, essential for me to function. The slippers were also a nice touch. I mean, who doesn't love hotel slippers?
Then there was the bathtub… I was dreaming of bubble baths and relaxation as I was looking at the website. I remember my expectations were high, and I was absolutely looking forward to it. But, when I actually got to the bathroom, the bathtub was a bit small. Not super cozy as I had hoped. And a minor detail, but still a minor letdown, I am a person that sometimes looks for the hot water to work at its best; but it took a little while to fill the tub to a decent temperature and pressure before it was useable. So, the bathtub got a "solid, but not spectacular" from me.
(Cleanliness and Safety – A Shining Star):
This is where Benikea REALLY impressed. They were clearly OBSESSED with cleanliness (in a good way!). Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, staff trained in safety protocol, professional-grade sanitizing services, the works. It felt safe. Especially during these Covid times, that’s pretty much the most important thing, right? I felt like anything I touched in the room was really clean. They also had hand sanitizer everywhere. I really appreciated the attention to detail. If I had one quibble, it’s that you could opt-out of room cleaning during your stay, which I found reassuring.
(Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – A Feast for Some, a Flop for Others):
Okay, the food. This is where things get a bit… complicated.
(Restaurants): The hotel had a variety of options. You're talking A la carte, Asian cuisine, International cuisine, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine, Coffee/tea in restaurant. (and a breakfast buffet, and room service [24-hour])
(The Breakfast Buffet Saga): Let's start with the breakfast buffet. I normally love a good hotel breakfast and I was excited about this one. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. It was fine. The usual continental fare, plus some Korean staples. There was a decent spread, but nothing that really blew me away. The coffee was… weak. I mean, REALLY weak. I think I went through 3 cups trying to get a buzz. The waiter service was good, but I'd have given anything for a decent cup of Joe. Not bad, but not something I'd rave about.
(Other dining options): We tried the restaurant one night. It was pretty good! A really standard menu though, and it lacked any real creativity. Nothing memorable, but edible. The prices, however, were a tad steep, and the portions weren't exactly huge. I ended up ordering a side of rice just to feel full. I'm a foodie. I like food. And a good meal is one of my priorities in life. This wasn't necessarily the best meal I had in the world.
(Drinking): There was a bar, but I didn't get a chance to visit.
(The Verdict on Food): Solid for a hotel, but don't expect culinary fireworks.
(Things to do, ways to relax – Spa Day or Bust!):
(Ways to relax): Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]
Ah, the spa. This was the BIG ONE. This was the "Unbelievable Luxury" promise. I envisioned myself lounging by the pool with a view (yes, it had that!), getting pampered, leaving feeling like a reborn butterfly. And… it was… mostly great!
(Spa Experience: Stream of Consciousness Edition!) Alright, the spa itself was gorgeous. Seriously, it was the highlight of the hotel. The sauna was fantastic. The steamroom? Heavenly. They had a range of treatments, I had a massage, and oh my god, that was the best part of being there. My masseuse was AMAZING. I kind of drifted off into a blissful puddle, only to wake up feeling like, well, a reborn butterfly. The pool with a view was stunning. I spent hours there, just staring out at the scenery. It was truly relaxing and amazing. Body scrub and body wrap also sounded great. The gym was there as well. But, now, for a minor complaint --
(Fitness Center) The Fitness center was functional but honestly, could have been better. There's only so much to say when it comes to Gym/Fitness. I managed to squeeze a workout in there. Nothing special though.
(For the Kids): I didn't travel with kids so I didn't spend much time in this category, but I did see the hotel had facilities. (Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Babysitting service, Kids facilities)
(Services and Conveniences – The Little Things):
The concierge was helpful, the daily housekeeping (again, top-notch!), and the Wi-Fi in public areas & free in room were smooth sailing.
There was a convenience store (essential for snacks and emergency supplies).
(The "Meh" Moments):
- Room service. Honestly, I didn't try it.
- The TV. It worked. I didn't watch it.
- The meeting stationery was normal.
(Things to Consider – Before You Book):
- If you're a major foodie, temper your expectations for the hotel restaurant. Yangsan has plenty of great local places to eat. Venture out, there's a Korean cuisine to be discovered! *

Okay, buckle up buttercup. This isn't your sterile, color-coordinated travel brochure. This is… me going to Benikea Yangsan Hotel. And let's just say, the itinerary is less a smooth ride and more a bumpy, beautiful rollercoaster.
Benikea Yangsan Hotel: Operation "Get My Butt There" (and Hopefully Enjoy It)
Day 1: Arrival of Panic and Pho
Morning (Dear God, It's Early):
- 5:00 AM: Alarm shrieks. My soul considers crawling back under the covers. My bladder, however, is non-negotiable. Coffee inhaled. Suitcase wrestled (and mostly defeated). The joy of packing is, as always, a lie.
- 7:00 AM: Airport arrival. Breathe. Attempt to locate my carry-on. Wonder if I'll ever master the art of airport navigation without looking like a lost toddler.
- 8:00 AM: Plane. Attempt to sleep. Fail miserably. The guy behind me is… enthusiastic with his chewing gum. My inner monologue is screaming, "DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE YOU ARE?"
- 12:00 PM (Seoul Time): Arrive at Incheon International Airport. Praise be to the travel gods! Border patrol is… efficient, if not exactly warm. Remember to smile. It apparently helps.
- 1:00 PM: Train to Yangsan. Now this is where the fun really begins. I am pretty sure I'm on the right train. The signs are… well… aesthetically pleasing. But does anyone know if the "green" line is actually green? I'll find out.
- 2:00 PM: Yangsan Arrival - Woohoo! I have entered into the place of the Benikea Yangsan Hotel. A massive relief. Now, can I navigate to the hotel without getting eaten by a rogue Kimchi vendor?
- 3:00 PM: Hotel Check-in. Success! The lobby is bright, the receptionist is lovely (and speaks English, thank the heavens!). Room: Decent. My immediate reaction: "YES. A bed. A shower. I can handle this."
Afternoon (Food Glorious Food):
- 4:00 PM: Unpack (sort of). Decide that arranging things perfectly can wait. Survive the first hurdle. Get it over with! Time to explore the immediate neighborhood.
- 5:00 PM: The Hunt for Pho Begins: I have a deep, abiding love for pho. A desperate search for Vietnamese food ensues. Google Maps is my friend (mostly). Walk around and see what is available.
- 6:00 PM: Pho Nirvana: Find a tiny, unassuming restaurant with a faded sign. Order pho. The broth is like liquid gold. The noodles are perfection. I might have cried a little. No regrets. This is the real reason I'm here.
- 7:00 PM: Post-Pho Coma. Waddle back to the hotel. Contemplate an early night, mostly because the jet lag is hitting me like a freight train.
Evening (The Ghost of My Wallet):
- 8:00 PM: Settle back and start to do some work. Check my expenses. Decide that the amount of money I'm spending on food is… slightly terrifying. That pho was worth it.
Day 2: Hiking, Hanja, and Existential Dread (Maybe)
Morning (The Great Outdoors… Possibly):
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Vaguely recall setting an alarm but have no idea what it was for. Drink coffee. Contemplate whether I can live on instant noodles for the next month.
- 9:00 AM: Hiking…or Attempting To: I read there's a beautiful trail near Yangsan. I, of course, chose the most strenuous-looking one. Staring up at the mountain. This is my life now.
- 10:00 AM: Climb. Sweat. Gasp for air. Consider bribing a passing hiker to carry me the last 300 meters. My leg is… not feeling great after that first 100. But the summit… oh, the summit! Views! Spectacular! Worth the self-inflicted torture!
- 12:00 PM: Descend. Legs trembling. Realize I should have brought more water.
Afternoon (Culture Shock… Literally):
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Find a local eatery. Point randomly at a dish on the menu. It arrives. Taste… surprising! Delicious! Try to remember the Korean word for "more."
- 2:00 PM: Google Translate to the rescue! Attempt to decipher some Hanja characters. My brain starts to melt. It is harder than it looks.
- 3:00 PM: Wander around Yangsan. Admire the architecture. Reflect on life. Get lost. Again. Find a small, quiet temple. Observe a ceremony. Feel… peaceful.
- 4:00 PM: Try to find a good coffee shop. Fail. There's a Starbucks… fine. Drink coffee. Journal. Contemplate the meaning of life… and whether I should have ordered a bigger coffee.
Evening (Dinner, Drama, and Dreams…probably):
- 6:00 PM: Dinner time. Try to find a restaurant that serves something other than pho (spoiler alert: it's hard). Explore possibilities. Korean BBQ? Sounds good.
- 7:00 PM: Return to the hotel. Write journal, reflect on the day. Maybe watch something on TV. Probably fall asleep.
- 8:00 PM: Start to do some work. Check back to see how my portfolio is going.
Day 3: Farewell… for Now
Morning (The Departure Blues):
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Pack again. This time, I might actually do it right.
- 9:00 AM: Final breakfast in Yangsan. Scramble for a restaurant. Say goodbye to pho.
- 10:00 AM: Check out of the hotel. Smooth and painless. Say goodbye to the lovely staff.
- 11:00 AM: Head back to the train station. Back to Seoul!
Afternoon (The Long Ride and the lingering Questions):
- 12:00 PM: On the train. Reflect on my Yangsan adventure. What was the best? The worst? Who knows? Maybe it was the adventure!
- 1:00 PM: Back in Seoul. That was amazing.
- 2:00 PM: Arrive at Incheon airport.
- 3:00 PM: Board the Plane.
- 4:00 PM: Take off!
Post-Trip Reflection (Because I'm Forced To):
Yangsan was… well, it was an experience. A messy, wonderful, exhausting, and slightly terrifying experience. I got lost, I ate amazing food, I attempted to hike (and almost died), and I learned a few things. I’m not sure what the few things are exactly. But, the memories will live on. Would I go back? Absolutely. Maybe next time, I’ll pack more water. And maybe, just maybe, I'll finally figure out how to navigate an airport without looking like a complete idiot.
Oceanside Getaway: SpringHill Suites Beachfront Bliss!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Benikea Yangsan Hotel FAQ - Seriously Though, What's the Deal?
Okay, spill. Is this place *actually* luxurious? Like, do I need to pack a tuxedo? (And can I even *wear* one?)
The Rooms - Are they tiny, like a shoebox with a TV? Or actual, like, *room*?
Food! Is breakfast a sad continental buffet or can I actually get something decent? Because I need coffee *immediately* upon waking.
What about the facilities? Spa? Pool? Gym? Do I even *need* a gym on vacation? (Probably not, but still…)
Location! Is this place a pain to get to? Hidden in the middle of nowhere? Or…convenient?
What's the wifi situation? Because, let's be honest, I need to stay connected to the internet. Probably. (For work? For fun? Who knows!)
Is it good for families? Kids? Romantic getaways? Solo trips? Tell me *everything*.


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Benikea Yangsan Hotel, Your Yangsan Escape!"