Lawton's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites Review!

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

Lawton's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites Review!

La Quinta Inn & Suites, Lawton: My Lawton Lowdown (Plus a Few Rants)

Okay, so I just got back from a road trip, and guess where I ended up? Lawton, Oklahoma. Don't judge. And the hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites. Here's the skinny – and trust me, it’s skinnier on some fronts than others. Prepare for a review that’s less "polished travel critic" and more "slightly frazzled traveler who needs a nap."

The "Getting In" Shenanigans & Accessibility (or Lack Thereof):

Let's start with the entry. Getting INTO the hotel itself? Pretty straightforward. The front desk is 24-hour, which is a lifesaver when you're driving a million hours and arrive at 2 AM. Check-in/out was "contactless." Yay for avoiding those germ-infested pens! Though, I’m not sure I'd say I was in love with the express check-in/out. It felt a bit… impersonal. And I’m a sucker for a chat!

Now, for the real test: accessibility. This is where La Quinta gets a little… iffy. They do mention facilities for disabled guests. Okay. But I didn't personally inspect this. I'm able-bodied. Elevators are present, which is a MUST HAVE if you're on a higher floor (and, thankfully, they have them). I’d want to know more detailed specifics before recommending this as a truly accessible location. I didn’t notice any prominent ramps or automatic doors that would scream, "WE GOT THIS!"

Inside the Walls (and the Wi-Fi):

Alright, let's get to the core. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!! Big win. Huge. I needed to stream some stuff – and it worked. (I did, however, find myself wandering around the hallways a couple of times to get a stronger signal. More on THAT later). Internet access - LAN is listed, too, I assume that is the more serious connectivity. I didn’t test that, though. My laptop hasn't known LAN in 5 years.

My room? Standard La Quinta, but clean, thank goodness. Air conditioning was a godsend in Oklahoma. Blackout curtains were clutch after a long day of driving. Desk was great for, ya know, pretending to do work (I wrote a few emails, shhh). Complimentary tea and coffee maker was a nice touch. Refrigerator was appreciated for water. A safe was in the room. I don't know if I trust hotels anymore with my valuables, but that's a different story.

Cleanliness and Safety? Let's Talk About This.

Cleanliness: Felt clean. Not hospital-grade clean, but definitely decent. Room sanitization opt-out available is interesting, I didn't see this, but I was tired. Rooms sanitized between stays. Good. Hygiene certification? Didn't see it. Hand sanitizer was definitely visible in reception. Daily disinfection in common areas, I didn't go looking, but I'm assuming. Staff trained in safety protocol. Okay, I'll give them that.

Safety: CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property are good things. Smoke alarms and Fire extinguisher, yeah, they better have those! No complaints here, no immediate cause for alarm.

The "Spa" Situation (Spoiler: It's Limited):

Okay, so La Quinta isn't exactly a destination spa. There is a Swimming pool (outdoor) (a basic pool, nothing fancy). Fitness center (yes, it has a gym, go figure). Spa? Nope. Sauna? I don't think so. No massage or Steamroom or any of those luxuries. Let's just say, if you're looking for a pampering getaway, look elsewhere. Though, I DID walk past the pool and it looked… inviting. But I ate a bag of chips in my room instead. Priorities.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (or, Mostly, NOT):

The most frustrating part. Breakfast [buffet], they say. Okay. But it felt pretty sad. (I have an anecdote, coming). Breakfast takeaway service is a bonus. Coffee/tea in restaurant is there, because it’s a hotel, of course. Happy hour? Nope. Poolside bar? LOL. The bar is in my imagination right now. Restaurants? Not exactly. Snack bar? Nah. Room service [24-hour]? Again, NO.

The anecdote: The "buffet" was basically the standard continental fare: maybe a few sad-looking pastries, some pre-packaged cereal, a lukewarm waffle maker… I'm talking beige on beige. And what’s worse? The coffee. It was weak, lukewarm, and tasted vaguely of regret. I took one sip and thought, "This is the beginning of my day?" I ended up going to a nearby coffee shop.

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Meh, and the "Huh?"

Daily housekeeping: Good. Laundry service? Okay. Doorman? No. Concierge: LOL. Cash withdrawal? Didn't try it. Convenience store: Nope! Invoice provided: Yes, thank goodness. Luggage storage: Probably. Meeting/banquet facilities and Meeting stationery are there (it's business-y, after all). Gift/souvenir shop? No. Food delivery: yes. Cashless payment service? Probably.

For the Kids:

Family/child friendly: Okay, this IS a family hotel. Babysitting service: Doubt it. Kids facilities: Again, doubt it. Kids meal: No.

Getting Around

Airport transfer: no. Car park [free of charge]: Yes! Praise be! Car park [on-site]: Yes! Taxi service: I can't say. Valet parking: Ha!

My Final Verdict (and a Little Venting):

La Quinta Inn & Suites in Lawton is… fine. It's a solid, basic hotel. It's clean, and the Wi-Fi is good. BUT. Don’t expect anything fancy. Don’t expect great food. And don’t go expecting a spa day. If you need a place to crash for a night or two while passing through, it's perfectly adequate. But if you're looking for an experience, you won't find it here.

And the coffee? Still thinking about that coffee. Maybe next time I'll bring my own French press. Sheesh.

Escape to Blair, NE: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8!

Book Now

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary! This is my La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill adventure. Prepare for the roller coaster… mostly of boredom, let's be honest, but with occasional moments of "Oh! That was… something."

Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread (and maybe a pizza)

  • 3:00 PM: Officially land at the La Quinta. Well, “land” in the sense of “arrive.” The drive here from… well, let’s just say the drive was LONG. And I'm already feeling the existential dread creeping in. This Lawton thing… it feels… remote. Like the edge of the map where they write, "Here be dragons…and a lot of open space.”

  • 3:15 PM: Check-in. Pray to the WiFi gods that the connection is strong. I need my streaming. Otherwise, this is gonna be a long stay. The lady at the front desk seemed… nice? I think. My social batteries are already depleted.

  • 3:30 PM: Room assessment. Okay, clean-ish. The AC is blasting, feels like a meat locker. The view? Well, it looks like other La Quinta rooms. And a parking lot. Okay, lower expectations. Got it.

  • 4:00 PM: The Great Room-Service Question. Is there room service? I looked at the list and it turns that the hotel does not provide room service. Okay, I am hungry. What to do, what to do…I think I might need pizza.

  • 5:00 PM: Pizza conquest! Ordered from the closest place on Google Maps. Fingers crossed it’s edible and not just… cardboard. My emotional investment in this pizza is surprisingly high. It's the only excitement on my schedule.

    • 5:30 PM: Pizza delivery! SUCCESS! It's… okay. Not life-altering, but certainly better than existential dread. Plus, it's hot and greasy and I didn't have to cook. Score!
  • 6:00 PM - Onward: Netflix and Chill (literally, the AC is still on full blast) A deep dive into a true crime doc. My brain is already screaming for something more.

Day 2: Fort Sill & the Mystery of the Missing Showerhead (Maybe)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Shower time… or, at least, try. The water pressure is… weak. Like a tiny, sad weeping faucet. I guess I will just have to embrace this.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (included, blessedly). Standard hotel fare. Waffle machine is my best friend. A solid "meh" experience.
  • 10:00 AM: Fort Sill. Okay, I feel… underprepared. Like I should have read more prior. Should have had a better idea as to what to expect. The grounds are impressively large. The museum… well, I found myself surprisingly fascinated.
    • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the base. The options here are… limited. I ended up with a sad-looking burger and fries. The conversation with the (very friendly) cashier was more interesting than the meal.
    • 1:00 PM: The museum. I learned way more than I thought I would about military history. The artillery? Wow. A little disturbing.
  • 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Shower… again. Still weeping faucet.
  • 4:00 PM: Pool time! (Supposedly). Okay, so the pool is… closed? Sign on the door says "Maintenance." Of course, it is. Just my luck. The universe is definitely mocking me.
  • 5:00 PM: Staring at the ceiling. Maybe the showerhead is cursed?
  • 6:00 PM: Researching "Lawton restaurants" on Yelp. The options are… limited and a little depressing. Pizza again? Sigh…
  • 7:00 PM: The existential dread returns.

Day 3: The Escape (And a Burger

  • 8:00 AM: Another sad breakfast. I’m starting to understand the appeal of eating at my desk.
  • 9:00 AM: One last attempt at the shower. Still a weeping faucet. I'm starting to feel like I'm trapped in a Kafka novel where the protagonist is obsessed with a faulty water fixture.
  • 10:00 AM: Packing. Hallelujah! Freedom is calling!
  • 11:00 AM: Checkout. The front desk lady is gone. Bless her heart, I didn't wanna say "goodbye". Did I ever even say hello?
  • 11:30 AM: Lunch. One last burger before hitting the road, and I think is the best burger I have ever had. That burger, I think, is what I will remember about my whole trip.
  • 1:00 PM: Drive.

And that, my friends, is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about my epic adventure in Lawton. It wasn't glamorous. It wasn't exciting. It was a journey in quiet desperation. But hey, at least I saw some stuff. And, most importantly, maybe, just maybe, I will have some great stories to tell.

Lincoln City Getaway: Your Cozy Motel 6 Escape Awaits!

Book Now

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States```html

Lawton's La Quinta Inn & Suites: The Unofficial Guide (And My Honest Thoughts)


So, La Quinta in Lawton... Worth It? The million-dollar question, right?

Okay, buckle up, because "worth it" is a *loaded* term. Let's just say, it's… Lawton. And let's be real, you're probably *not* vacationing in Lawton. You’re likely there for Fort Sill, a family visit, or, God bless you, a business trip. So, *context*. If you're expecting the Ritz? Run. RUN FAR, FAR AWAY. If you're expecting… a clean bed, hot water, and maybe a slightly-above-average breakfast? You're getting closer. I'd say it's mostly worth it, with heavy caveats. Like, "caveats the size of the Wichita Mountains" caveats.

The Room: What's the Deal? Is it Clean? Because let's be honest, that's Priority Number One.

Alright, let's talk room specifics. Okay, the cleanliness is… *generally* acceptable. I've stayed in some places where you'd need Hazmat suits just to breathe, and La Quinta Lawton *isn't* one of those. But… (and there's always a *but*, isn't there?)… I once found a stray sock under the bed. A *single* sock. It was the wrong color. And it definitely wasn't mine. This brings me to my next point. I’m not going to lie, I'm a bit of a neat freak. And I sometimes bring my own cleaning supplies. I'm just saying. Because, let's be honest, a stray sock raises questions. I will say the sheets *feel* fresh though, and that's something. The bathrooms are… well, they *look* clean. The grouting could use some love, but hey, I'm not expecting miracles. They provide shampoo, which is convenient, even if I don't personally like the brand.

That Breakfast…Is it Actually Worth Getting Out of Bed For?

Ah, the breakfast situation. This is a critical decision-making point for any savvy traveler. And here’s the brutally honest truth: it’s… *hotel breakfast*. Expect the usual suspects: waffles you make yourself (always a gamble!), bagels (possibly stale, but hey, there's cream cheese!), some sort of processed-looking scrambled eggs, and maybe, just *maybe*, some sad little sausages. Coffee? It exists. Don't expect a gourmet experience. Think "functional caffeine delivery system." There's usually some fruit, too – apples, bananas. Mostly brown bananas. My advice? Manage your expectations. Think of it as fuel, not a feast. Grab a waffle, slather it in syrup, and call it a win. But, I have to say, last time I went, the waffle maker was on the fritz. That was a low point. Breakfast is a slippery slope, I tell ya.

The Pool: Is it Swimmable? Because Let's be honest, that's what makes or breaks a hotel stay! (Mostly).

The pool… Ah, the pool. Okay. It's… *there*. It's outdoors. And it's… clean-ish. In theory. I've used it a few times. It's probably fine. I mean, I haven’t grown a third eye or anything. The kids seemed to enjoy it? The pool *area* could use *some* attention. The chairs are sometimes a bit… battle-scarred. And the towels? Well, they’re towels. They’re not *fluffy* towels. But they dry you. That's the main thing, right? My biggest issue? It’s not *always* open. Sometimes maintenance. Sometimes unpredictable weather. So, if you're banking on a poolside paradise? Call ahead. Don’t bank on a pool in Lawton. Just don't get your hopes up too high, okay?

Location, Location, Location! What's nearby? Is it Safe?

The location is… okay. It's on the main drag, which means you're close to stuff. Restaurants, some fast food (because, let's face it, sometimes you just *need* a burger), and… well, stuff. Walmart is nearby (convenient!). Fort Sill is very close. Downtown? It's… a drive. As for safety? Lawton is… Lawton. Use common sense. Don't wander around alone at 3 AM. Lock your car. The usual stuff. I've never felt *overly* unsafe, but I'm also not exactly strolling around at midnight, either.

Okay, Fine, the WiFi. Is it a Nightmare? Because I need to check my emails.

The WiFi… it can be a bit of a roller coaster. Sometimes it's zippy and fast. Sometimes… well, let's just say you might consider reading a book. Or, you know, actually *talking* to your travel companions. This goes for all hotels, but especially La Quaintas in Lawton. I’ve had a call dropped in the middle of a very important… well, I’m not supposed to say. Look, it works. Mostly. Expect occasional buffering, especially during peak hours. Bring a backup plan (like a mobile hotspot or a pre-downloaded movie) just in case. Don't rely on it. And don't even *think* about streaming a HD movie on the network. Don't even.

Parking: Is it a Pain? Can I Actually find a Spot?

Parking is… generally fine. There's a decent amount of it. I've never had a major problem finding a spot even when it's busy. The lot isn't exactly pristine (again, Lawton), but it's functional. No major complaints here. I've had worse parking experiences in, let's say, *much* more glamorous locations.

The Staff: Are They Nice? Because, you know, Grumpy Staff can RUIN a stay.

The staff… Well, this varies. Some are perfectly pleasant and helpful. Some… seem to have seen things. I think the last time I checked in, the person at the front desk looked at me like I was personally responsible for the hotel's entire existence, and they're stressed and they needed a vacation, themselves. Not all were like that, though. Just try not to take it personally. They're probably dealing with a lot, you know? If you're polite, they'll usually be polite back. Again, it’s Lawton. Manage your expectations. Don't expect five-star service here.Globe Stay Finder

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lawton / Fort Sill Lawton (OK) United States

Post a Comment for "Lawton's BEST Hotel? La Quinta Inn & Suites Review!"