
Rizal Park Hotel: Manila's BEST Kept Secret (Luxury Awaits!)
Rizal Park Hotel: Manila's "Best Kept Secret" - Or Just Plain Overlooked? (A Messy, Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I just emerged, slightly dazed but definitely massaged, from the Rizal Park Hotel in Manila. They call it a "luxury awaits" kind of deal. Let's just say, luxury is a slippery fish, and sometimes, it swims a different direction than you expect. This review is going to be less clinical travel blog and more… well, me, unfiltered and attempting to make sense of the swirling vortex of Filipino hospitality with a healthy dose of cynicism and occasional genuine delight.
First things first: the name. "Rizal Park Hotel"? Sounds grand, right? Historical, even. Situated just right, and it is right near Rizal Park, so they get points for truth in advertising. The building itself is a bit of a chameleon. Part modern glass, part… well, it's a bit of a mystery. Like it's trying to decide if it wants to be a colonial palace or a sleek office building. It's…interesting. Which, let's be honest, is half the battle when you’re traveling.
Accessibility & Safety First! (Because, you know, human decency)
Okay, let's dive into the nitty-gritty, because even a jaded traveler like myself cares about stuff like:
- Accessibility: They do have facilities for disabled guests, including elevators and accessible rooms. Good job, team! I didn't get a chance to fully experience it, but it was good to see.
- Cleanliness and Safety: This is where the hotel really shines. Especially given the current climate (thanks, COVID). Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double-check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Seems so, because they were all masked up and generally behaving themselves. They even had, get this, individually wrapped food options! Seriously, I was impressed. Felt safer, more than I have in some supposedly high-end hotels. There were hand sanitizers everywhere, and the whole place felt… clean. Let’s be honest, that’s half the battle in Manila.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Not that I needed them, but good to know. Plus, I saw first aid kits. (I'm not sure if I'm really "overly paranoid", or simply pragmatic, in this day and age.)
- Food safety: They seem to be really taking care here. I saw safe dining setup, and sanitized kitchen and tableware items.
Internet, Internet, and More Internet (Because We're All Addicted, Let's Be Real)
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! The internet? Generally pretty decent. Stable enough for video calls, which is more than I can often say. Also, there's Internet [LAN], in case you're still rocking that wired lifestyle. (Do people still do that?)
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Yes, plentiful.
- Internet services: They get this.
The "Things to Do & Ways to Relax" Chapter (Where the Luxury Might Exist)
Okay, this is where things get…well, interesting. The amenities are impressive on paper. Let's break it down:
- The Spa: This is where I spent a significant amount of time. And honestly, it was the highlight. I opted for a full body massage. The therapist was amazing - a true artist! She worked out knots I didn't even know I had. The spa itself was serene, quiet, and genuinely relaxing. A proper sanctuary. They also offer body scrubs and body wraps, but I was content to just be kneaded.
- The Pool: Now, the pool with a view is something of a mixed bag. The view is there, but… well, it's Manila. It's beautiful, but also a sea of buildings.
- The Fitness Center: Didn't use it! But I did sneak a peek. Seemed well-equipped. Apparently also has a sauna, and steamroom.
- Other things to relax: They had a foot bath too. I am sure these things are amazing.
The Food & Drink Scene (Because a Traveler's Gotta Eat)
Alright, let's talk about the most important thing: food! The Rizal Park Hotel has a decent offering:
- Restaurants: Multiple. They have Asian cuisine in restaurant options, and also International cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant.
- Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet], was pretty good, I must admit. Okay, it wasn’t incredible, but it had the essentials. Asian breakfast options, Western breakfast options, and all the coffee you could ask for.
- Dining options: I took a peek. They have Coffee/tea in restaurant or Happy hour.
- Restaurants: Poolside bar for drinks.
Rooms: The Core Truth
The room itself was AMAZING!!!! Seriously.
The air conditioning blasted, the bedding was blissfully crisp, and the blackout curtains made it easy to sleep until noon. The bathrobes were plush, the slippers were a thoughtful touch, and the mini bar was…well, it had the basics. Plus, the soundproofing was phenomenal. (Thank goodness, because Manila can get loud.) Not only that, but it had separate shower/bathtub, and even a bathtub!
So, Is It Worth It? The Verdict
Look, the Rizal Park Hotel isn't perfect. It's got quirks. It's a bit of a mishmash of styles. Is it the "best kept secret" the hype claims? Maybe, maybe for the price point and some of its amenities, particularly the spa and the general sense of cleanliness. It's certainly a solid choice for a comfortable stay with some genuinely luxurious touches. It’s well-located for exploring Manila, and more importantly, it’s somewhere you can retreat to and actually relax after braving the chaos of the city. I'd go back? Absolutely. Especially for that massage. You might just find yourself pleasantly surprised. Just keep your expectations… realistic. And wear comfortable shoes. You'll need them.
Escape to Blair, NE: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your sterilized, Instagram-perfect travel itinerary. This is the real, sweaty, "did I pack enough underwear?" version. We're going to the Rizal Park Hotel in Manila, and it's going to be a wild ride.
Rizal Park Hotel: A Hot Mess Express (But in a Good Way… Maybe?)
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of Luggage
- 1:00 PM: Landed at NAIA. Okay, first things first: Survive the airport. The heat hits you like a physical wall. Seriously, did I pack enough deodorant? (Spoiler alert: No. This is the Philippines, people. You sweat.) The immigration line? Long. The luggage carousel? Apparently, it’s on vacation. You know, the usual. This is where the first bout of travel-induced existential dread kicks in. Did I forget my passport? Am I even real? Am I wearing too many fanny packs? (Okay, maybe the last one is a legitimate concern.)
- 2:30 PM: Finally out! Grab a blessed air-conditioned Grab car to the hotel (praise the app gods!), promising myself to never fly budget again. Ever.
- 3:30 PM: Check-in at Rizal Park Hotel. The lobby is… grand. Like, "attempting-to-be-European-palace-grand" grand. There's a chandelier the size of a small car. I feel a pang of guilt for dragging my sweaty self in here. Do they judge? Absolutely. The front desk guy is impeccably dressed, and I’m pretty sure he just raised an eyebrow. But hey! They smile, welcome us, finally, to the room. Relief washed over me.
- 4:00 PM: Room reveal! The room's nice, definitely, a bit dated, but the air conditioning is blasting and that is all that matters. The view of the Manila skyline is… well, it's Manila. It's a patchwork of buildings, some shiny skyscrapers, some… less so. But it's real. It’s alive. And hey, there's a mini-fridge! (Priorities, people.)
- 4:30 PM: Immediate nap. Jet lag is a beast. Wake up later, starving.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered the adobo - because, Manila! And local cuisine is a must - hoping it's delicious. It's… good. But the rice? It’s perfect. Fluffy, fragrant, just a touch of something I can't identify, but it's pure, carb-happy bliss. Suddenly, I'm less jet-lagged, and more ready to take on Manila. Adobo and rice. Simple, classic, and completely satisfying.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to watch TV. Discover Filipino telenovelas. Get completely lost in the drama. Consider switching careers and becoming a soap opera star.
- 10:00 PM: Bed, but awake, still processing all of Day 1. This is going to be good!
Day 2: Exploring Intramuros and My Questionable Navigation Skills
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. Gotta load up on fuel! There is a glorious spread of local breakfast foods, fruit, and coffee. I may or may not have had five pandesal (Filipino bread rolls). No regrets.
- 9:30 AM: Venture outside! Time to explore Intramuros, the walled city. It's hot. It's humid. I'm already questioning my life choices. But it's also beautiful. The Spanish colonial architecture is stunning, and the horse-drawn kalesas add a touch of old-world charm.
- 10:00 AM: Rent a bambike (bamboo bike) to explore the walled city. Great idea. Until I try to navigate Manila traffic. Did I mention I'm easily flustered? There may have been a near-miss with a jeepney. (For those who don't know, jeepneys are basically the soul of Manila public transportation. They're colorful, often overloaded, and the drivers are masters of their craft. I'm definitely not.)
- 11:00 AM: Visit San Agustin Church. Inside, I am immediately struck by the calmness. Then, I am immediately struck by how much my feet hurt. (This is the curse of the tourist, the never-ending quest for the perfect shoe.)
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a restaurant inside Intramuros. Tried the lechon kawali (deep-fried pork belly). Crispy skin, melt-in-your-mouth meat. So good that I momentarily forgot about the sweat dripping down my back.
- 1:30 PM: Lose track of time while wandering the cobblestone streets. Get hopelessly lost. Ask for directions. Get more lost. It's fine. This is part of the adventure, right?
- 3:00 PM: Finally manage to find my way back to the hotel, utterly exhausted but buzzing with impressions. Decide that I will not, under any circumstances, attempt to drive in Manila.
- 4:00 PM: Pool time! The hotel pool is a small oasis. It’s the perfect answer to the madness of Manila. Read, relax, and try to wash away the day.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Explore surrounding restaurants, enjoy the atmosphere
Day 3: Culture, Chaos, and the Quest for Good Coffee
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel, again. Can't get enough of those pandesal!
- 10:00 AM: Visit the National Museum. This time, I take a Grab. Learn about Philippine history, art, and culture. Incredibly interesting, but the AC is way too cold.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Have a hankering for… coffee. The quest is on!
- 12:30 PM: Coffee shop hunt! The search for a decent cup of coffee in Manila is a true test of one's mettle. Found one! The place is crowded, the line is long, but the kopi-o is actually pretty good.
- 1:30 PM: Explore the nearby area, discover a local market. The smells! The sounds! The sheer organized chaos of it all is overwhelming, but it's also exhilarating. I buy some mangoes and instantly become a street food expert.
- 3:00 PM: Consider a spa day at the hotel, but then realize I'm too cheap.
- 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Relax, pack.
- 6:00 PM: Final dinner. Reflect on all the things I’ve seen, done, and eaten.
- 8:00 PM: Try to watch more Telenovelas.
- 9:00 PM: Bed. Sleep soundly, dreaming of adobo and jeepneys.
Day 4: Departure and the lingering taste of Manila
- 8:00 AM: Final breakfast. More pandesal. More coffee. I’m going to miss it here.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. Say goodbye to the chandelier.
- 10:00 AM: Head to the airport. The heat, the crowds, the traffic – a familiar dance.
- 1:00 PM: Boarding flight. Look back at Manila one last time: it's a city of contrasts, a symphony of chaos and charm. It's a city that will stay with me.
- … Later: Land back home. Sleep. Maybe dream of pandesal. Maybe start planning my return.
This is just a rough sketch, of course. The actual itinerary will be filled with more missed turns, accidental discoveries, and the occasional moment of pure, unadulterated bliss. Manila, you crazy place. I might, definitely, come back.
Ramada Cedar Rapids: Your Dream South Cedar Rapids Getaway Awaits!
Rizal Park Hotel: Manila's BEST Kept Secret (Honestly, It's *Almost* Too Good)
Okay, so I'm obsessed. Let's just get that out of the way. This hotel... it's a whole vibe. Here's a messy, honest, and hopefully helpful rundown.
1. So... What *is* the Rizal Park Hotel? Is it like, a haunted mansion or something? (Because, Manila...)
Okay, technically, it *could* be haunted. It's old! Seriously, this place oozes history – it used to be the Manila Army and Navy Club. Think grand architecture, a sprawling layout, and enough chandeliers to blind a small army. It's not actively *trying* to be creepy, mind you. It's more... stately. Like a really, REALLY well-preserved grand dame. The kind who secretly enjoys a good gossip. Honestly? I felt more like I was stepping back into a glamorous era than running from ghosts. Although... late at night the long hallways *do* whisper a little... nothing I couldn't handle after a cocktail or two, let's just say.
2. Luxury? Really? Because "luxury" in Manila can sometimes mean "overpriced and underwhelming."
Okay, *this* is where Rizal Park Hotel completely nails it. It's REAL luxury. Like, the kind where you actually feel pampered instead of just… charged a fortune. The rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated (think lots of dark wood, plush fabrics, and HUGE beds you could get *lost* in – in a good way!), and the bathrooms? Oh, the bathrooms. Marble, deep soaking tubs, and those fluffy, ridiculously comfortable robes you secretly want to steal. I had a minor crisis trying to decide what to do first: nap, bathe, or order room service. Spoiler alert: I did all three. The service is impeccable too. They remember your name, anticipate your needs, and you can almost *taste* the genuine warmth. It's that kind of luxury that makes you feel seen, not just serviced.
3. Location, Location, Location: Is it actually convenient? Because traffic in Manila... is a beast.
This is a huge win. The hotel's right in the heart of Manila, smack dab next to Rizal Park. (Duh, right?). Which means you can wander around the park, soak up some greenery and history, and generally feel less suffocated by the city. It's also close to museums, historical sites, and the usual Manila chaos (if that's your thing). But, here's the kicker: it's *surprisingly* quiet inside. Like, you can't hear the honking horns, the vendors hawking their wares… pure, blissful quiet. It's an oasis. A sanctuary. A place you can escape to after a particularly brutal day of meetings or shopping… or just existing in Manila. I actually got some quality sleep, which, let's be honest, is a miracle in itself.
4. The Food! Tell me about the food! Is it a culinary disaster?
NO! Absolutely not a disaster! I spent an unhealthy amount of time eating at Cafe Ysabel (the main restaurant). Their breakfast buffet is legendary. Seriously. Go hungry. They've got everything: fresh fruit, pastries, a made-to-order omelet station (where I may or may not have developed a slight addiction to their cheese and ham omelets), AND traditional Filipino dishes cooked to perfection. Lunch and dinner are just as impressive. I remember this perfectly seared scallops with a lemon-butter sauce… I’m still dreaming about them. Also, order the halo-halo. Trust me. (Slightly embarrassed confession: I may have ordered room service dessert every night. Don’t judge!).
5. Any downsides? Because nothing's perfect, right?
Okay, here’s the brutally honest part. It’s not *cheap*. Luxury comes at a price, and this place is in the higher end of things. But, honestly? You’re getting what you pay for. Also… the Wi-Fi in my room was a little spotty at times. Not a dealbreaker, but a minor annoyance when I was trying to upload my Instagram stories (priorities, people!). And, um... finding the perfect angle for a selfie in those huge bathrooms can be a challenge. First world problems, I know. Oh! And one more thing… I wish they offered more options for late-night snacks besides room service, though to be fair, the room service was *amazing*.
6. Okay, I'm intrigued. Any specific experiences that REALLY stood out?
Oh, absolutely. There was one thing that *completely* sold me on the place. It wasn’t even the fancy room, the incredible food, or the ridiculously comfortable bed (though those were all pretty amazing). It was this: I forgot my sunglasses. Stupid, I know. But, I was rushing, and I left them in the taxi. I realized it about an hour later. Panicked, I called the front desk, expecting to be told, “Sorry, ma’am, nothing we can do.” Instead, the lovely woman on the phone calmly said, “Don’t worry, sir… we’ll take care of it.” I figured it was a polite brush-off. But, *the next morning*, while I was stuffing my face at the breakfast buffet, the concierge appeared with my sunglasses, perfectly cleaned and polished. They'd *actually* tracked down the taxi driver! I nearly cried. I mean, who does that?! That level of service… that's what makes Rizal Park Hotel truly special. It’s not just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place where the little things are taken care of, where you feel genuinely valued. It showed an attention to detail (and a persistence!) that just blew me away. It made me feel… cared for. And that, my friends, is hard to find in this crazy world. To this day, I still can't get over it. That's why it's a best kept secret.
7. Is it kid-friendly at all?
Ehhh, depends on *your* kids. I saw families there just fine, but it's not a playground-type hotel. It's more suited for grown-ups who want a sophisticated escape. If your kids can appreciate the history and the quieter atmosphere, then go for it. If they're likely to run wild and scream in the marble hallways, maybe look for something with a dedicated kids' club. I didn't have kids there. But, if I did, I'd probably bring them anyway, so they could learn some classiness from me, and mostly because it's just so darn beautiful.
8. So… Would you recommend it? Be honest!


Post a Comment for "Rizal Park Hotel: Manila's BEST Kept Secret (Luxury Awaits!)"