Springfield's Hidden Gem: Courtyard Springfield (IL) - Unforgettable Stay!

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Springfield's Hidden Gem: Courtyard Springfield (IL) - Unforgettable Stay!

Courtyard Springfield (IL): My Honest Take on a "Hidden Gem" (Spoiler: Mostly Gem!)

Okay, let's be real. Reviewing a hotel is a commitment. It's like…dating. You want a good experience, but you also brace yourself for the inevitable messy bits. And trust me, I've had some messy hotel dating experiences. But the Courtyard Springfield? Well, it surprised me. Let's dive in, shall we? Bear with me, this might ramble a bit, like my brain does when I'm trying to be objective.

First Impressions (and the REALLY important stuff): Accessibility & Cleanliness

Right off the bat, I’m a sucker for a place that gets accessibility. And the Courtyard scores some serious points here. Wheelchair accessible? Yes! They actually thought about things like doorways and pathways. I didn't personally need it this time, but the fact that it's considered makes me feel a whole lot better. Plus, in these post-pandemic times, cleanliness is king. And the Courtyard clearly agrees.

Cleanliness and Safety: I'm a germaphobe, I admit it. So, the anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays were HUGE selling points for me. They had hand sanitizer galore (score!) and even the little things, like individually-wrapped food options made me feel like they actually cared. I opted out of room sanitization, mostly because I like to feel like I've lived somewhere, even if just for a night. But the option was there, and that’s what counts. The staff seemed very well-versed in safety protocols, which calmed my anxiety about potentially, you know, dying.

The Room: My Personal Fortress (with Wi-Fi!)

Now, I'm a sucker for free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and the internet access was solid. That's crucial, because, you guys, I work from my laptop. I'm a digital nomad(ish) gal, and that means I require reliable internet so I can keep writing these darn reviews. It really is essential.

My room was comfy. Not overly luxurious, but felt safe. It had your standard air conditioning (thank GOD, it was HOT outside!), a desk just the right size for my laptop, and a comfortable bed. Not sure if it was an extra long bed, but I'm on the tall side and it didn't feel cramped. I appreciated the blackout curtains too. Crucial for a good night's sleep. The bathroom was clean (obviously!) and relatively modern. They had the usual toiletries, and the water pressure was great—essential for a shower-loving weirdo like myself.

The "Things to Do" & "Ways to Relax" Spiel – or Lack Thereof…

Okay, so the Courtyard isn't exactly a resort. But they still offer some nice perks. A swimming pool (outdoor) was a lifesaver after a scorching day of driving. The pool was…well, a pool. Clean enough, and a nice spot to unwind. I didn't bother with the gym/fitness center, because, let's be honest, I'm on vacation. Who works out on vacation?! (Don't judge me!).

They mentioned a spa/sauna/steamroom, but I didn't see anything of that. Was it hidden? I never found it. I did spot a pool with a view, but maybe I'm not seeing the view.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The Belly's Perspective

Here's where things get interesting. The Courtyard boasts restaurants and a bar, and they do offer room service [24-hour]. I ended up just crashing after a long trip, but I peeked at the menu (of course!). They even have Asian breakfast, which is a cool touch. A coffee shop is always a bonus for us lazy humans, but I just had my own coffee in the room. I did see they have a snack bar, which is always a lifesaver when the munchies hit. I appreciated the bottle of water offered.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

The devil is in the details, right? The Courtyard offers your standard services, like daily housekeeping and laundry service. Elevator? Check. Cash withdrawal? Also, check. Concierge? Not sure. I didn't need it. But the contactless check-in/out was a blessing, because I'm awkward with people.

For the Kids – (If You Have Them… I Don’t!)

I didn't see any kids, or kids facilities, in this hotel.

Getting Around – Parking (and the Lack Thereof of Airport Transfers) Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. The hotel, like most Springfield establishments, has plenty of parking. This is a big win, as I hate circling for a spot.

My Emotional Rollercoaster (The Honest, Messy Part)

So, the Courtyard Springfield. Is it perfect? No, absolutely not! But is it a solid choice? Absolutely. My stay was comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the cleanliness put my mind at ease.

What I Loved: The cleanliness. The Wi-Fi. The comfy bed. The easy parking. The fact that it was convenient.

What Could Be Better: A more exciting menu. It was a bit… bland. Honestly, the pool could use a little TLC.

The Verdict:

I'd definitely stay at the Courtyard Springfield again. It's a reliable, comfortable, and clean choice for a trip to Illinois. It’s not a destination in itself, but it's a perfect jumping-off point for exploring the area. I'd recommend it, especially if you value cleanliness, convenience, and a good night's sleep. It's a solid choice, and I give it two thumbs up! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some actual fun things to do in Springfield…

Glasgow Getaway: Unbeatable Days Inn Deals!

Book Now

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel brochure. We're hitting Springfield, Illinois, and my "itinerary" is less a rigid timetable and more a suggestion box of chaos. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the distinct possibility of me losing my keys (again).

Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Greetings, and the Lincoln Legacy (Maybe)

  • Morning (ish): Landed in Springfield. The flight was surprisingly smooth but I'm convinced the air conditioning was on full blast the entire time. The first order of business? Finding the Courtyard. Let's just say my GPS had a field day, leading me down what I’m pretty sure was a private driveway. Finally, finally, the hotel looms into view. Check-in: a success! Though I did manage to mumble something about "needing a vacation from my vacation" to the poor receptionist. Bless her heart, she just smiled.

  • Afternoon: The Lincoln Home National Historic Site (or: "Where is the Restroom?"

    Okay, so, the Lincoln Home. It’s a BIG deal, right? History, gravitas, the whole shebang. I felt a stirring of…something. Maybe awe? Maybe hunger? Mostly hunger. Before I could even start appreciating the historical significance of Lincoln's kitchen cupboard, my bladder made its presence known. The sheer panic of needing a bathroom while contemplating the legacy of someone you’ve only seen in pictures…it's quite a contrast. Still, the tour was decent. The guide clearly loved her job, I’ll give her that. I even tried to channel my inner historian and listen to the stories, but every time I imagined Lincoln in his living room I could only think about how much the carpets must have absorbed over time!

  • Evening: Dinner, Drinks, and the Questionable Charm of a Chili Parlor.

    So, I'm starving. Google suggests a local chili parlor. I figured, "Hey, down-home comfort food. Sounds good!" Wrong. Maybe it was the greasy spoon aesthetic, the loud TVs blaring a baseball game, or the suspiciously enthusiastic server, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was in some B-movie. The chili?… It was fine, I guess. I spent the entire time trying to analyze whether I was enjoying it or just too tired to care. Anyway, I spent an enormous amount of time at the bar. I chatted up some locals, tried to blend in, and generally made a fool of myself.

Day 2: The Presidential Library, a Wild Goose Chase, and the Search for Real Coffee

  • Morning: The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (Prepare for Overwhelm!)

    Alright, this is the big one. The museum. I will admit: the sheer scale of the place is a bit overwhelming. The exhibits…well, they are impressive, from what I could see. The Lincoln story is, undeniably, compelling. I even teared up a little during the animated reenactment; I think it was because the actors were trying a little too hard. They were a touch over-the-top. The gift shop, on the other hand? Oh, the gift shop. I bought a Lincoln bobble-head. It’s currently judging me from my nightstand.

  • Afternoon: The Old State Capitol and a Goose Chase of Epic Proportions.

    The Old State Capitol is right there, a literal stone's throw from the library. I wander through, trying to absorb some architectural charm. Then my phone died. I decided to walk back to the hotel. The walk seemed longer this time, and I got lost several times. I asked for directions. I had no idea where I was going. Finally, I saw it! And it was glorious! My hotel!

  • Evening: The Coffee Catastrophe and a Moment of Zen

    I need something. I need coffee, real coffee, not that hotel swill. I spent an hour searching for a decent coffee shop. Finding it—well, that was another adventure. The coffee was perfect, a beautiful, life-giving elixir, and sitting there, watching the dusk settle over Springfield, I felt…peace. A rare moment of pure, unadulterated calm. This is the best part of the trip.

Day 3: Leaving Springfield, and the Future (Maybe with a Better GPS)

  • Morning: Packing. A dreaded chore. My suitcase currently resembles a laundry explosion exploded. Breakfast at the hotel (the oatmeal was surprisingly good) before the final goodbyes.

  • Afternoon: The drive back to the airport. I am already planning my next trip. I want to visit. I'll probably get lost again. I have no idea how I’ll get around. One thing is for sure: I'll bring a backup phone charger and a healthy dose of self-deprecating humor. Because if you can't laugh at your own travel mishaps, what's the point?

Estacio Del Nord: Your Hidden Gem in Vibrant Vic, Spain

Book Now

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States```html

Courtyard Springfield (IL): Your Unvarnished Guide - Buckle Up!

Is this place ACTUALLY a hidden gem? I've heard that phrase thrown around a lot.

Okay, *hidden gem*. Let's be real, nothing's *truly* hidden in our modern world. Google Maps knows EVERYTHING. But, and this is a BIG but, Courtyard Springfield punches above its weight class. It's not some five-star luxury palace, no. But it *is* consistently decent, clean, and surprisingly comfortable for the price. Think of it more like…a well-bred, slightly sassy Labrador Retriever in a world of pampered Persian cats. You get the idea, there's room to love it, even with a few quirks! I mean, I’ve stayed in some places that looked like they hadn't seen a cleaning product since the Reagan administration. This, thankfully, is not one of them.

What's the deal with the location? Good? Bad? Beige?

Location, location, location, right? Courtyard Springfield is... conveniently located. It’s close enough to, well, *everything* in Springfield. You’re a quick hop to the Lincoln sites – good for the historical types or those dragged along by them (ahem, me!). The airport? Easy peasy. Restaurants? Plenty within a short drive… or a slightly longer walk if you've overindulged at the hotel bar (more on that later). The parking is… decent. It's not like a parking space is a gold bar, but it's also not a nightmare. I've never had to circle like a vulture. Plus, I can say with some confidence that it's safer than some of the other places I’ve stayed in.

Tell me about the rooms. Are they depressing little boxes?

Okay, let's talk rooms. "Depressing little boxes?" Well, they’re not the Ritz, let's be honest. They are, however, genuinely comfortable. They're clean, which is the MOST important thing in my book. The beds are… good. Not "cloud-like" as the marketing copy likes to say, but perfectly acceptable for a solid night's sleep. The bathrooms are standard, nothing fancy, but the water pressure is decent, unlike some places where you feel like you’re being sprinkled with a mist. The air con sometimes goes a little bonkers though. One time, I had to choose between freezing to death or sweating like a swamp thing. I’d recommend bringing an extra blanket AND a fan... just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Breakfast: Yay or Nay? What should I expect?

Breakfast...ah, the battlefield of hotel mornings. The Courtyard has a decent breakfast buffet, but don't expect Michelin-star cuisine. Think… scrambled eggs (sometimes rubbery, sometimes surprisingly fluffy), sausage (questionable origin, but edible), various pastries of varying sweetness, and the usual continental suspects: cereal, yogurt, fruit. They have a waffle maker – which is always a win. The coffee, though... it's hotel coffee. Drinkable, but nothing to write home about unless you're writing a strongly worded letter to the coffee bean gods. Honestly, though, I will say they seem to try. Its not terrible, and that means I've had worse. Much, much worse. And did I mention the WAFFLES?!

Is there a pool? And is it any good?

Yep, there's a pool! And listen, after a long day of Lincoln-ing or, you know, just existing, a dip in the pool is a fine thing. It's not Olympic-sized, but it's big enough for a leisurely swim. Usually, they have towels, but sometimes you have to hunt around… which is fine, because who wants a towel anyway? Okay, I’m kidding. Sort of. The pool area is generally clean, and the water is… water-temperature. Sometimes it's a little chilly, sometimes it's like a lukewarm bath. It can be a little noisy with kids, but I genuinely find that that is usually a sign of a genuinely nice place, and you can always duck out when it gets too much.

Let's talk about that hotel bar you mentioned. Worth it?

The hotel bar! Ah, the siren song of pre-dinner drinks and post-historical-site-visiting decompression. The Courtyard bar is… perfectly adequate. It’s got all the basics – beer, wine, cocktails. The bartenders are usually friendly, though sometimes they seem a little… overwhelmed. One time, I ordered a martini, and I swear it took them 20 minutes. They blamed a large room service order, which is fair, but I was *thirsty*. Luckily I had a great book (I think it was *Pride and Prejudice*). It’s a good place to unwind after a tough day of… whatever it is you’re doing in Springfield. It’s not some swanky lounge, but it gets the job done. And sometimes, that’s all you need. So, yes – *worth it*. Just be patient. And maybe grab a bag of chips to tide you over.

Any hidden costs or annoying surprises I need to be aware of?

Hidden costs… hmmm. The usual suspects apply: check the fine print for parking fees. The Wi-Fi is usually free, which is a HUGE plus. Be aware that a mini-fridge, if you need one, is usually at an extra cost. And room service…well, let's just say it's convenient, but not exactly *cheap*. My main advice? Read the small print. Ask questions. And always, ALWAYS double-check your bill before you check out. Because, trust me, I've been there, done that, and it's never fun to discover an unexpected charge. But generally speaking, nothing too outrageous.

What's the best thing about staying at the Courtyard Springfield?

Okay, the best thing? For me, it's the *consistency*. It’s not flashy, it's not pretentious, it's just…reliable. You know what you're getting. Clean rooms, decent beds, friendly staff. And that’s HUGE when you’re traveling. Because when you’re exhausted from a long day of… well, *whatever*, you just want a place to crash that doesn’t give you any more headaches. This place provides that. It's like that old, reliable pair of jeans. You know, the ones that don't win any fashion awards, but they’re comfortable as hell and always get the job done. Yes, it's that. That is a good description of the CourtyardQuick Hotel Finder

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Courtyard Springfield Springfield (IL) United States

Post a Comment for "Springfield's Hidden Gem: Courtyard Springfield (IL) - Unforgettable Stay!"