Kelowna's BEST Kept Secret: Coast Capri Hotel Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Kelowna's BEST Kept Secret: Coast Capri Hotel Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Kelowna's BEST Kept Secret: Coast Capri Hotel Review (You WON'T Believe This!) - Seriously, I'm Still Recovering!

Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I've just returned from a stay at the Coast Capri Hotel in Kelowna, and honestly? My brain is still trying to process it. I went in expecting… well, a hotel. You know, beds, maybe a questionable breakfast buffet, the usual drill. What I got was something much more… memorable. And by memorable, I mean I'm now pretty sure I dreamed about the pool view for three nights straight.

Accessibility: A Solid Start, BUT…

Let's start with the basics. Accessibility is a big deal, and the Coast Capri mostly nails it. We're talking wheelchair accessible, elevator access to all floors (phew!), and facilities designed for disabled guests. That’s a huge plus. However, I found myself wishing for more specific details on accessible room features. Like, are grab bars everywhere? Or just "available upon request"? (More on requests later, they are a Thing here.)

Rooms: Cozy… with Everything. Seriously, EVERYTHING.

Alright, let's dive into the actual room. I'm a sucker for a comfy space, and the non-smoking rooms are a must-have. The air conditioning was a lifesaver, especially with the Kelowna heat. The dark-out curtains are magical – I slept like a baby for the first time in weeks (and I usually have trouble sleeping!). They really gave some attention to detail, like linens, towels, the usual suspects, including bathrobes and slippers to add an extra comfy touch. Plus, it's got all the little extras: coffee/tea maker, free bottled water, in-room safe box, the works. There's free Wi-Fi, and you would expect that, but the speed? Not lightning fast, but it got the job done, not sure. I think I even saw internet access – LAN, but who uses those anymore? Of course, the hair-dryer, ironing facilities and all the boring but necessary stuff were provided as well. But even better, the window that opens! Honestly, so many hotels cheap out on that. Getting some fresh air is a small thing, but it makes a big difference.

The additional toilet was amazing as well, and there was a separate shower/bathtub. As far as extras, there was a mirror, extra-long bed, and a desk. Seriously, my room was a little bit of paradise!

Cleanliness & Safety: Sooooo Many Layers of Protection…

Okay, this is where the really good stuff comes in, especially in this post-pandemic world. I was genuinely impressed by their commitment to cleanliness and safety. It felt like fort Knox in there. Anti-viral cleaning products, professional-grade sanitizing services, and daily disinfection in common areas. They even had a room sanitization opt-out available, which I thought was super considerate.

They also had first aid kit, hand sanitizer, and all the basics.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: The Buffet…Oh, the Buffet!

Alright, let's talk food. This is a big one for me. I’m a sucker for a solid breakfast, and the Coast Capri mostly delivered. They had a breakfast buffet, of course. The usual suspects were there, but the quality was surprisingly good – better than what I was expecting! What I loved was the mix of Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options. Honestly, the quality of the coffee/tea in restaurant was amazing, which is a huge plus!

They have restaurants, a bar (happy hour was decent), and a coffee shop.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: I'm Still Dreaming of That Pool…

Listen. This is where the Coast Capri truly shines. Let's start with the swimming pool [outdoor]. Now, I've seen pools. I've swum in pools. But this pool? It's a scene. Perfectly blue, surrounded by palm trees, and – wait for it – a pool with a view. Looking out over Kelowna, the lake, the mountains…it's breathtaking. I spent hours just floating around, feeling my stress melt away. Pure bliss.

And the other facilities? Fitness center, gym/fitness, Spa, and Spa/sauna.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

They offer a bunch of little things that can make your stay easier. Plus, there's a concierge who can help with recommendations and booking. Check-in and out was easy, and they offered contactless check-in/out.

Getting Around: Easier Than You Think!

The hotel provides a car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], so parking is not an issue.

The Quirks & the Imperfections:

Okay, now for the real talk. No place is perfect, and the Coast Capri has its quirks. The staff, while generally friendly, seemed… well, let's just say they had a particular way of doing things. I remember one time, I tried to order room service, but it was a bit of a mix-up. But honestly? That's part of the charm. The imperfections make it real.

Overall: My Honest Verdict

Look, the Coast Capri Hotel isn’t flawless. But it's close. The pool, the location, the cleanliness, the attention to detail…all of it adds up to a fantastic experience. It's a place where you can truly relax, recharge, and forget about the outside world – at least for a little while. Would I go back? Absolutely. In fact, I’m already planning my next escape. Just… maybe I’ll get one of those pool-view rooms again. And maybe, just maybe, I'll finally figure out what that password was for that LAN thingy. You should try it! You'll love it!

Ardmore's BEST Kept Secret: Quality Inn & Suites Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Book Now

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this is NOT your meticulously planned, color-coded travel itinerary. This is real stuff. This is Kelowna, baby. And it's gonna get… well, let's just say it's gonna be an adventure. We're staying at the Coast Capri Hotel in Kelowna. Buckle up!

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Almighty Fridge

  • 1:30 PM: Landed in Kelowna. Airport greeters, bless their hearts, seemed genuinely happy to see us. Probably because they're far from Vancouver's relentless grey. Grabbed a cab. (I swear, the driver had a story for everything. About the road, the weather, the neighbour's cat. Bless him.)
  • 2:00 PM: Coast Capri Hotel check-in. It's… well, it's a hotel. Clean enough. The lobby smelled vaguely of cleaning products and… potential. You know, that exciting "what will happen here" smell?
  • 2:30 PM: Room secured! (Finally!) Survey the damage. Beds… beds are there. Good start. Fridge: Okay, here's where things got real. It's not like those fancy mini-bars in Vegas. This is a proper, albeit empty, fridge. I immediately envisioned it overflowing with local goodies. Fruit, Okanagan wine (duh), weird cheeses that make your tastebuds do a jig. Already planning the invasion.
  • 3:00 PM: Unpacked. Or, you know, tossed things haphazardly onto surfaces. My travel partner (let's call him "Dave") is meticulously organized. It makes me feel like a particularly chaotic toddler.
  • 3:30 PM: Dipped into my emergency snacks (because, let's be honest, travel is an emergency). A granola bar and a bag of chips. Judge away, world.
  • 4:00 PM: Exploratory mission. The hotel pool. It's…fine. A little chlorinated, but hey, a post-travel dip felt amazing, and some of the other guests were just adorable, like a family spending quality time together.
  • 5:00 PM: Pre-dinner reconnaissance. Walked around the area, eyeing potential dinner spots. There's this place called "Waterfront" that looks promising. Apparently, the food (supposedly) is super good and with a great view of the water.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at Waterfront. Here's the thing: I'm not the greatest restaurant reviewer. It's tasty. The sun was setting over Okanagan Lake and it was beautiful. I ate my salmon and my friend ordered a steak, and we had a great evening.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Exhausted. The champagne in the mini-fridge (that I bought at the lobby shop) feels like a godsend. I could fall asleep.

Day 2: Wine, Whimsies, and Wine (Again!)

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up, and a terrible idea. I really needed coffee.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Hotel buffet: your standard fare. The coffee was surprisingly good. Stuffed myself with pastries anyway. Because… vacation.
  • 10:00 AM: Wine tour, baby! Booked one that takes you to a bunch of small family-run wineries. Good choice. We got to ride on a luxury vehicle with a great and passionate tour guide. It was amazing. He told us all about the wineries and the Okanagan wine region.
  • 11:00 AM: First winery. Tasting the first wine. Everyone loves the first glass. The wines were amazing. (I have a fondness for the whites. And the rosé. And… well, everything, truth be told.)
  • 12:30 PM: Second winery. Getting into the groove now. Started to get a little chatty with the other people on the tour. Found out one of them was a dog groomer. Not sure why, but I now know a lot about dog grooming.
  • 1:30 PM: Lunch at the winery. The food was better than expected (I swear, the Okanagan knows how to do food) and we were eating to our hearts content.
  • 2:30 PM: Third winery. Okay, I'm slightly tipsy. Dave is taking notes (bless him). I'm just… enjoying the scenery. Which is stunning. And the wine. Definitely the wine.
  • 4:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Napped. Needed it. Definitely needed it.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Went to a place called "Old Vines Restaurant on Quail's Gate Winery", that's a mouthful. The ambiance was great. And I tried to be fancy, but my plate was a mess. The only thing that matters is I loved it.

Day 3: Heartbreak, Recovery and Ice cream.

  • 9:00 AM: Woke up to the sound of rain (the end of the world). The kind that makes you want to stay in bed all day.
  • 9:30 AM: Ate breakfast. Felt down.
  • 11:00 AM: Decided to be brave.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Saw a burger place. And it was amazing. It made me fall in love with life again.
  • 1:00 PM: Went to a shop. Had a chat with the owner.
  • 2:00 PM: Started to go for a walk, decided it was too cold.
  • 3:00 PM: Read a book.
  • 4:00 PM: Felt good.
  • 5:00 PM: Ice creamy time! Ordered two flavours. And I ate them, slow.
  • 6:00 PM: Packed.
  • 7:00 PM: Had one last Champagne, in the fridge.
  • 8:00 PM: Slept.

Day 4: Farewell, Kelowna (For Now!)

  • 9:00 AM: Check-out. Last look at the fridge that held my snacks (and my hopes and dreams).
  • 9:30 AM: Grabbed a coffee on the way to the airport. Reflecting on this crazy adventure!
  • 10:00 AM: Airport. Bye-bye, Kelowna! You were weird, beautiful, and totally worth it.

Post-Trip Reflection:

This trip was… well, it was me. The ups, downs, the wine-fueled rambling, the spontaneous ice cream. The Coast Capri Hotel? A solid basecamp. The Okanagan? A place that stole a little piece of my heart. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Would I plan it all out perfectly next time? Probably not. Because, let's face it, the chaos is half the fun. Cheers to the messiness. And to Kelowna.

P.S. Seriously, fill that damn fridge. And maybe bring a cheese knife. Just a thought.

Savannah's Chic Oasis: Uncover the Andaz Hyatt Secret!

Book Now

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada```html

Coast Capri Hotel: Kelowna's "Best Kept Secret"? (Spoiler: Maybe Not WHAT You Think!)

Okay, Seriously, What's the Hype? Is This Coast Capri Actually Good?

Alright, alright, let's get down to it. "Secret" is a strong word, isn't it? More like… well, a place people *mention*. The Coast Capri? Depends! I went in with expectations – Instagram-fueled visions of perfect patios and sunsets. Reality? Layered. My first impression was… fine. Not mind-blowing. Think: Clean, functional, a solid 3.5 stars. It doesn’t set your soul on fire, but it’s dependable. And hey, sometimes dependable is exactly what you need after a long drive battling Okanagan traffic! (Ugh, the traffic… let's not even go there.)

The Pool – Worth a Dip? OR a Disaster?

The pool… Ah, sweet, chlorine-scented memories. Okay, look, I am a pool person. I NEED my daily swim. The Coast Capri’s pool is… decent. Nothing spectacular. It’s a little on the small side, and it can get CROWDED. I'm talking, elbow-to-elbow crowded. I went at, like, noon on a Saturday and nearly had to wrestle a kid for a lounge chair. (Sorry, kid! But those sun rays are precious!) On the plus side, it’s clean, and the kids seemed to like it. There's also a hot tub. Honestly, that's where I spent most of my time. After a long hike, that hot tub was pure bliss. Pure, bubbling, wonderfully chlorinated bliss. Just… get there early.

Let's Talk Location. Is it Actually Convenient?

Location? THAT'S the win. Seriously. That's the main reason to consider this place. It’s close to everything. Downtown Kelowna is a quick drive (or a decent walk if you're feeling energetic – I'm usually not after a wine tour...) You're near the lake. You're close to shops, restaurants, and wineries. Wine tours! Essential! We did one, and it was fantastic (more on THAT later!). It’s not RIGHT on the lake, which is a bummer if you're dreaming of waterfront views, but the convenience factor is HIGH. You could skip the car some days. BIG plus.

The Rooms: What's the Vibe? Stylish or… Dated?

Okay, honesty time: The rooms are… a mixed bag. They're not *terrible*. Clean, functional, and they have everything you need. But stylish? Not exactly. Think "comfortably predictable." My room had a balcony, which was nice for a morning coffee, but the view wasn't anything to write home about. (Unless you write home to say, "Hey, I can see another building! Cool, right?") The bed was comfortable enough, though. And that, my friends, is KEY. After a long day of exploring, a comfy bed is a godsend. I'm easily pleased.

Breakfast: Feast or Famine? The Hotel Restaurant…

Oh, the breakfast. Okay, this is where things get… interesting. There's a restaurant on site, and breakfast is included. Free breakfast! Score! But the buffet… It was… adequate. Cereal, toast, some fruit, a few hot options that were… alright. The bacon wasn't particularly crispy. (A personal tragedy, honestly.) The coffee was… well, it was coffee. Not the worst I've ever had, but nothing that'll make you start humming with joy. On the plus side, it’s convenient. And, come on, free breakfast is STILL free breakfast. I filled up, and it got me through the morning. I'm a simple person.

That ONE Thing: The Staff. Were They Helpful or… Hovering?

The staff, for the most part, were lovely. Friendly, helpful, and eager to please. Check-in was smooth, the front desk was good with directions. One morning, I had a minor issue with my key card, and they sorted it out quickly and without a fuss. But here's a little something I noticed... one of the housekeeping staff was incredibly friendly and offered me some extra towels. She was genuinely warm and made my day a tiny bit brighter. Little things like that… they make the difference. It's the human touch that really matters, you know?

Okay, The *One* Thing That REALLY Annoyed You? Lay It On Me!

Okay, here's my biggest gripe: The elevators. Oh, the elevators. They were a nightmare. Slow. Often full. I spent a significant chunk of my vacation waiting for those darned things. I'm talking, like, actual minutes. And it’s not like the building is HUGE. They were just… inefficient. One time, I just gave up and took the stairs (and nearly passed out, because I’m not in the best shape!). Seriously, Coast Capri, invest in some better elevators! Consider this my plea… and a slightly passive-aggressive yell across the internet.

Would You Go Back? (The *Real* Question!)

Hmm… That's the $64,000 question, isn’t it? Honestly? Yes. But with caveats. If I was looking for a base of operations, somewhere convenient, clean, and reasonably priced, I'd consider it again. The location is truly the star. Plus, the hot tub. Plus, the friendly housekeeper with the extra towels (seriously, she was amazing!). If I'm after LUXURY? Nope. If I'm after a *memorable* experience beyond the location? Maybe not. But for what it offers, for a relaxed, no-frills vacation… it's good. Just… be prepared for the elevators. And maybe bring your own bacon. And a swimsuit, of course!
``` Starlight Inns

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna (BC) Canada

Post a Comment for "Kelowna's BEST Kept Secret: Coast Capri Hotel Review (You WON'T Believe This!)"