
Escape to Paradise: Greentree Inn Prescott Valley Awaits!
Escape to Paradise? More Like a Prescott Valley Pilgrimage (and a Few Stumbles!) - A Greentree Inn Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average cookie-cutter hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the Greentree Inn in Prescott Valley, Arizona, and let me tell you, it was a journey. This place promises "Escape to Paradise," and while it didn't sprout wings and fly me straight to heaven, it did offer a quirky, sometimes frustrating, but ultimately memorable experience.
(SEO & Metadata Blitz Below - I’m talking keywords, baby! Just trying to get us found, you know?)
Keywords: Greentree Inn Prescott Valley, Prescott Valley Hotels, Accessible Hotels Arizona, Wheelchair Accessible Hotels, Free WiFi, Pool with a View, Spa Amenities, Family Friendly Hotels, Pet Friendly Hotels, Business Travel, Arizona Vacation, Hotel Review… and the list goes on!
Accessibility: (Starting strong!)
Let's get down to brass tacks. Accessibility MATTERED to me. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but traveling with someone who is, it's a minefield finding a place that actually gets it. The Greentree Inn advertises itself as wheelchair accessible, and for the most part, they delivered. The ramps were decent (though a little steep in one spot near the front desk - watch out!), the elevators were spacious, and we snagged a room that actually had a roll-in shower. Score! But then… the pool. Oh, the pool.
(Rambling interlude: The Pool Saga - It's a Love/Hate Thing)
The website promised a "Pool with a View." And it did technically have a view. Of the parking lot. (Insert dramatic eye roll here). But the real kicker? While they had a lift for the pool, it wasn't always working. One day it was, the next day it was… well, let's just say we were doing some serious MacGyvering involving helpful staff, strategic positioning, and a whole lot of praying. It was… a process. Definitely not the "effortless dip into paradise" they advertised. But hey, at least the water was clean, and on the days the lift worked, the view of the slightly-less-exciting-than-promised landscape was still… okay. Just okay.
Wheelchair Accessible: Solid, with a few caveats. The commitment was there, but things weren’t always perfect.
(Emotional Reaction: Relief mixed with mild annoyance)
On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges:
Didn't spend a ton of time in the on-site dining, but what I saw was positive. The breakfast buffet (more on that later…), while a bit chaotic, was definitely accessible. Plenty of room to maneuver the wheelchair around, and staff were super helpful.
(Quirky Observation: Buffet Bliss and the Great Coffee Conundrum)
The buffet, bless its heart, was a sight. It had everything you'd expect – scrambled eggs that tasted suspiciously like they'd been hanging out a while, sad-looking sausage, and a glorious waffle maker that magically produced golden-brown perfection. Coffee, on the other hand? A mystery. Some days it was strong, some days it was weak, and some days it tasted like… well, let’s just say, I resorted to carrying around a mini-french press in my tote bag. My own personal coffee-fueled security blanket.
(Sentiment: Mixed feelings about the buffet. Good food. Coffee was hit or miss)
Internet Access & Other Tech Stuff:
Free Wi-Fi. Hallelujah! And guess what? It actually worked. No endless login screens, no dropped connections – just smooth, reliable internet. (I even managed to stream a movie, which is a miracle in most hotels.) They also provided Internet [LAN], but I didn't have a chance to test it. Definitely a plus for business travelers.
(Opinionated language: Thank goodness for functioning internet! Makes life so much easier.)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking:
- Breakfast [Buffet]: Already covered the buffet shenanigans. Mixed feelings.
- Restaurants: Didn't try the a la carte, but the staff were helpful and willing to accommodate special meal requests. They had some Asian food too.
- Poolside bar: Didn't see it open…
- Snack bar: Didn’t notice one.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Okay. We already dealt with the coffee. Tea was fine.
- Room service: Had 24-hour Room service.
- Restaurants: There are restaurants, and the options were varied.
(Messy Structure: I’m just getting to it when I get to it!)
Things to Do, Ways to Relax… (Let's get to the good stuff!)
Ah, the spa! The "Escape to Paradise" part of the equation. The Greentree Inn boasts a spa with a sauna, a spa/sauna and a gym/fitness center, a steamroom, and all sorts of pampering possibilities. (I’m getting excited now!)
(Double Down, Getting Personal: The Spa Experience - From Bland to Bliss!)
Okay, so the first visit to the spa was a little… underwhelming. The decor felt a bit… dated. The robes were a tad scratchy. And the massage? Well, let’s just say it was a competent rubdown, but not the transcendent experience I was hoping for. But! The second time, I booked a massage with a different therapist, and magic happened. She was a wizard! My shoulders (which have been tense since, oh, about 1987) melted like butter. The sauna was lovely. The steam room left me feeling like a new woman. See? Paradise can be found, even in Prescott Valley. You just have to find the right therapist.
(Emotional Reaction: Frustration tempered with eventual euphoria.)
Cleanliness and Safety:
The Greentree Inn seemed SUPER diligent about cleanliness. Hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere. Staff wore masks. They had all kinds of certifications (Hygiene certification, room sanitization)
(Opinionated language: They certainly took the pandemic seriously. Which I appreciated… a lot.)
Services and Conveniences:
- Daily housekeeping: Excellent. Rooms were always spotless.
- Concierge: Helpful, even got us some great parking spots which was nice!
- Cash withdrawal: On-site.
- Dry cleaning, laundry, and ironing service: Available.
- Facilities for disabled guests: More than I expected.
- Luggage storage: Yep.
- Elevator: Yes!
- Front desk [24-hour]: Always helpful.
- Car park [free of charge]: Big plus.
- Coffee shop: Nope, not that i saw.
- Convenience store: Not many on site.
- Safe dining setup: The staff, always helpful.
(Quirky observation: The front desk staff seemed to know everyone. They were like the town criers of Prescott Valley.)
For the Kids:
They had family-friendly stuff there, so I’m sure the kids would like it.
(Messy Structure: Didnt notice a ton of kid-specific stuff.)
Available in all rooms:
- Air conditioning: essential!
- Free bottled water: nice touch (especially after that questionable coffee situation).
- Wi-Fi [free]: Love this.
- On-demand movies, safety/security feature, soundproofing: These are all available.
(Stronger Emotional reactions: A small but important moment of joy.)
Getting Around:
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: The free parking was great.
- Airport transfer: Available, but we didn't use it.
- Taxi service: Saw taxis around.
(Natural Pacing: We did park ourselves)
The Verdict:
Would I recommend the Greentree Inn? Absolutely. It’s not a flawless paradise, but it's got character, a solid commitment to accessibility, and a genuinely helpful staff. It's comfortable, convenient, and offers enough amenities to make your stay enjoyable. Just be prepared for the occasional quirk, embrace the imperfections, and maybe pack your own mini-french press. You might just find your own little slice of paradise in the heart of Prescott Valley.
Escape to Tahoe Paradise: Hilton Vacation Club's Lakefront Luxury Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to embark on a virtual trip to Greentree Inn Prescott Valley. And trust me, it's gonna be less "smooth-sailing brochure" and more "slightly-hungover chronicle of questionable decisions." Let's get this show on the road, shall we?
Greentree Inn Prescott Valley: A Weekend of Questionable Choices and Unexpected Charm
Day 1: Arrival, Ambition, and the Curse of the Hotel Coffee (that I kept drinking)
1:00 PM - Arrival at the Greentree Inn. Oh, the anticipation! The promise of fresh air, hiking trails, and… what’s that smell? Ah, yes, the distinct aroma of "hotel lobby" – a blend of industrial cleaner, faintly stale waffles, and the ghost of a thousand forgotten continental breakfasts.
- Anecdote: Check-in was… efficient. The lovely person at the front desk clearly knew I was gonna be a complete whirlwind of a guest. No judgement, just key card, and a little encouragement.
- Quirky Observation: The lobby chairs are suspiciously comfortable. I almost napped right there, which would have been a terrible first impression… or a great one, depending on your definition of "entertaining."
1:30 PM - The Room Reveal. Okay, not bad. Two beds! Bonus. Clean enough. The little desk is already calling to me… but so is the pool. Decisions, decisions. Oh, and let's not forget the… uh… art. Apparently, abstract landscapes in shades of taupe are the decorating theme here. Intriguing.
- Emotional Reaction: Mildly disappointed by the lack of a mini-fridge. A tragic loss, really.
2:00 PM - Coffee Catastrophe. The hotel coffee. My nemesis. Undrinkable, yet I kept pouring myself a cup of it. Why? I don't know. Maybe it was the desperation, the desire for… wakefulness? Or sheer masochism? I think a little bit of all of the above. This deserves a separate section, and I’ll be revisiting it later.
3:00 PM - Prescott Valley Exploration (sort of). Decided to be a "cultured traveler" and… I drove around a bit. The local shops peeked at me. I had to buy more water and the coffee was starting to get to me. I think I saw a Taco Bell. I think there was a movie theatre. And… a car wash? The possibilities!
- Opinionated Rant: Oh, the American suburbs. A landscape of strip malls, chain restaurants, and the echoing silence of… opportunity? Maybe. I honestly couldn't tell!
5:00 PM - Pool Time! (The Redemption Arc Begins). The pool. It’s… refreshing. A bit cold, but refreshing. Saw a family with a screaming child. Decided my coffee-induced existential dread was not so bad.
- Messy Rambling: The sun was going down, the water was nice… I may have caught myself daydreaming there for a good hour. Is it the simple life? Is this what it’s all about? Or am I just about to get waterlogged?
- Strong Emotional Reaction: Complete and utter bliss (once I got used to the temperature).
7:00 PM - Dinner Debacle. Found a local restaurant called… hmmmm… What was it? It will come to me. Anyway, I ate there. It was fine. Don’t remember much.
- Honest Admission: I probably ordered food. I probably ate it. I definitely didn’t take notes!
9:00 PM - Bedtime! The promise of a good night’s sleep. A sweet, blissful sleep.
Day 2: Hiking Hubris, Pancake Regret, and the Continuing Coffee Saga
7:00 AM - Coffee Catastrophe, Part Deux. The coffee. Still there. Still undrinkable. Still… consumed. I swear, I must have a caffeine-seeking demon inside me. This is a truly terrible habit.
8:00 AM - Hiking Attempt. Decided to "conquer" a local trail. (I overestimated my fitness level. It was a moderate trail, they said. It felt like climbing Everest.)
- Anecdote: Almost face-planted on a particularly treacherous bit of gravel, saved only by an unsightly display of flailing arms. Dignity? Gone.
- Quirky Observation: The squirrels here are bold. Way too bold. They've clearly mastered the art of begging and have no fear of humans.
11:00 AM - Pancake Panic. Went back to the hotel for the free breakfast. The pancakes… well, they looked like something. I ate one. Regretted it.
12:00 PM - Poolside Reflection (and Minor Meltdown). Spent some time by the pool. Thinking. Trying to figure out why I travel. Is it to escape? To find myself? Or just to… drink questionable coffee? The existential questions continue to plague my being.
2:00 PM - Exploring Down Town (the real deal). The downtown was nice. Found a coffee shop… and ordered tea. The end.
6:00 PM - Farewell Dinner. Had a nice dinner. This time, I’ll be sure to remember where I was! And, of course, the food will be lovely.
Day 3: Departure and the Lingering Taste of… Hope?
- 8:00 AM - Coffee. Still. Undrinkable.
- 9:00 AM - Packing Up. Said goodbye to taupe landscapes.
- 10:00 AM - Checkout and… Departure. With the lingering taste of hotel coffee and a healthy dose of self-deprecating humor, I head home.
Final Thoughts:
Greentree Inn Prescott Valley? Not exactly a bucket-list destination. But hey, it had a pool. And the air was fresh. And… it was an experience. Maybe not the one I expected, but definitely one I'll remember. Would I go back? Possibly. Mostly because I’m a sucker for self-inflicted trials by coffee, and the pool was pretty damn great.
Important Categories I Forgot to Mention (and Now Am):
- Weather: The weather was… present. Sunny mostly. A nice breeze.
- Transportation: Mostly a rental car, and my own two feet.
- Accommodation: The Greentree Inn. It was… fine.
- Budget: I did spend money, and I'm sure I went over budget. But it was worth it, right?
So there you have it. My messy, honest, and utterly human account of a weekend in Prescott Valley. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a good cup of coffee.
Escape to Forrest City: Days Inn's Unbeatable Deals Await!
Escape to Paradise: Greentree Inn Prescott Valley Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Totally Unfiltered FAQ
Okay, so... "Paradise"? Really? Like, are we talking pearly gates and harps here?
"Paradise"... well, let's just say the marketing department might have gotten a *little* carried away. Don't get your hopes up for immediate sainthood upon arrival. Think more along the lines of "pleasant enough for a couple of nights," with a healthy dose of "hey, at least it's not *home*!" I mean, the pool *is* nice, when the sun's actually shining, but paradise? Nah. But hey, Prescott Valley itself is pretty darn beautiful. Lots of open space, and that air? Seriously, breathe it in - it's the best part!
What's the deal with the rooms? Are we talking motel chic or actually comfortable?
Ah, the rooms. Okay, here's the truth: they're…fine. Let's be honest, it's a motel. Cleanliness is paramount, though, and I can attest that my room (and trust me, I'M a judge of cleanliness) was spotless. The bed? Not the cloud-like experience of my dreams, but it did the job. I did have a moment of panic when I realized the remote control was missing (standard issue for every motel, I swear!), but a quick call to reception, and boom, a new one. One tiny issue... the walls were a little thin. I could hear EVERYTHING. Let's just say I know more about my neighbor's travel plans than I'd care to.
The pool! Is it as inviting as it looks in the pictures? Or is it a swamp of questionable origin?
The pool... see, this is a huge selling point. They've got that photo of sparkling water with a perfect reflection of the mountains, right? Well, when I was there, it was *almost* that good. The water was clean, refreshingly cold on a hot afternoon, and it wasn't overcrowded. The chairs and towels were all set up. The problem? A slight, and I mean SLIGHT, chlorine smell. Maybe a little too much chlorine for my liking. And one day, I swear I saw a rogue bug. Tiny. But still... you know? I'm a germaphobe, what can I say?
Breakfast. Free breakfast. Always a gamble. Tell me the truth.
Oh, the free breakfast. Okay, look, it's free. Let's start and end with that. It's the standard hotel breakfast buffet: a sea of potential disappointment. The waffles? Prepared by a machine that clearly has a personal vendetta against deliciousness. The scrambled eggs? Questionable provenance. The coffee? Acceptable, if you load it with sugar. But, here's the thing! The staff member working the breakfast area was an absolute angel. Always smiling, refilling the coffee, and seemingly unfazed by the constant parade of hungry guests. She's a hero. And the fruit -- yes, yes, the fruit was reasonably fresh, and sometimes, that's all you need. So, basically, manage your expectations, and you won't be *totally* disappointed. Focus on that staff member. She's the real star.
Is the location convenient? Are we talking "walking distance to everything" or "stuck in the middle of nowhere with a questionable gas station"?
Okay, the location is actually pretty decent. You're not going to be walking to the Grand Canyon (obviously), but you're close to restaurants, stores, and, crucially, a Starbucks. (Priorities, people!) Prescott Valley itself is a bit spread out, so you'll need a car, but you're not exactly marooned. You're within a reasonable driving distance of some cute shops and even a movie theater. And the views! Seriously, the views are spectacular. Just driving around felt like being in a postcard.
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Or do they seem like they'd rather be anywhere else?
The staff! This is where Greentree Inn actually shines. Everyone I interacted with was genuinely friendly and helpful. The front desk was super efficient. I'm not one for small talk, but when I needed something, they were right on it. There's a certain... warmth about the place, I guess. Even the housekeeping staff, who I almost never see, seemed pleasant and efficient. Honestly, the staff really does make a difference. It's like they actually *want* you to have a good stay. And that's not always the case, is it?!
Okay, so, would you go back? Be honest.
Okay, the honest answer? Yeah, I probably would. It's not luxury, but it's clean, comfortable enough, and the staff were fantastic. It's a solid choice for a road trip stopover or a quick getaway. The value for money is good, the location is convenient, and as I said, the air is divine. Plus, the whole experience, imperfections and all, gives it a certain charm. You know? It felt authentic. And sometimes, that's exactly what you're looking for. Maybe it *is* a little slice of paradise after all... or at least, a darn good pit stop on the way to it!
Any tips for maximizing the Greentree Inn experience?
Load up on coffee from the front of the hotel, and then the breakfast area, you'll need it. Don't expect gourmet. Pack earplugs or headphones if you're a light sleeper. Be friendly to the staff - seriously, they deserve it! Explore Prescott Valley; it's got some hidden gems. Lastly, and this is important: take a deep breath and enjoy the scenery. Even if the room isn't perfect, the surrounding mountains and open sky are pretty spectacular and you might as well enjoy the perks!
Staynado


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Greentree Inn Prescott Valley Awaits!"