Escape to Dallas: Luxurious Stay at Residence Inn Arlington South!

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Escape to Dallas: Luxurious Stay at Residence Inn Arlington South!

Escape to Dallas: My Arlington Adventure (Plus, That Amazing Pool!) - A Residence Inn Review (Finally, Honesty!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on my recent stay at the Residence Inn Arlington South, a place that promised a luxurious escape and delivered… well, mostly. And let me tell you, navigating Dallas after a flight is like trying to herd cats with a feather duster - but hey, the journey is part of the fun, right? (Or at least, that's what I tell myself to justify my near-meltdown in the rental car line).

Metadata Shenanigans (Because, apparently, the internet wants this):

  • Title: Residence Inn Arlington South Review - Dallas Luxury & Honest Thoughts
  • Keywords: Residence Inn Arlington South, Dallas, Texas, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Swimming Pool, Spa, Fitness Center, Family-Friendly, Breakfast, Cleanliness, Wi-Fi, Arlington, Texas Hotels, Pet-Friendly (kinda…), Business Travel, Vacation, Conference, Travel Blog, Honest Review, Hotel Experience, Dallas Area Hotels
  • Description: An unfiltered review of the Residence Inn Arlington South. Exploring the good, the bad, and the surprisingly relaxing. From the accessible features, the killer pool, potential for improvements, and everything in between. Honest opinions, personal experiences, and everything you need to know before booking your Dallas escape!

First Impressions & The Elevator Saga (Accessibility - Or Lack Thereof?)

So, arriving in Dallas, I was tired. Like, "could sleep standing up and still snore" tired. The Residence Inn looked promising from the outside – modern, clean lines, promising a sanctuary from the concrete jungle. Now, let's get something straight – I appreciate a hotel that tries to be accessible. And the Residence Inn mostly gets it. The entrance (I think?) was easily accessible, and the lobby seemed navigable. But… and it's a big BUT…I actually did not use the elevator because I was placed in a room on the ground floor. I could not provide sufficient feedback on accessibility of elevator, but I did hear some grumblings, as I was waiting in line, as I was waiting to be helped with my room! Hopefully, they improve on this.

The Room: Cleanliness and (Almost) Bliss

My room? Pretty darn good! Clean, spacious, and well-equipped. The air conditioning was a godsend. Seriously, escaping that Texas heat was a highlight in itself! I was worried about "Rooms sanitized between stays" and "Anti-viral cleaning products" sounding like marketing fluff, but I was happy with the result. The bed? Oh, the bed! Like sinking into a cloud made of marshmallows and dreams. I slept HARD. The "Extra long bed" was a bonus for a tall person like myself. I did appreciate the non-smoking designation, which is a requirement these days.

Shoutouts:

  • Free Wi-Fi in ALL Rooms!: A massive win. Couldn’t have survived without it for my work stuff and scrolling through Insta. (Yeah, judge all you want.)
  • The Coffee/Tea Maker: Essential. Morning ritual saved. Thank the caffeine gods.
  • Blackout Curtains: Yes, please! Finally had a solid sleep.

My One Tiny Complaint: The "complimentary tea" wasn't that great and did taste of cheap instant tea.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Buffet Bonanza (With a Touch of Chaos)

Breakfast. Ah, breakfast. The Residence Inn offered a "Breakfast [buffet]" which translated to… well, a buffet. The food itself was hit-or-miss. The Asian breakfast was alright, but a lot of it was, at times, cold. But hey, I’m not really complaining, it's a free breakfast. And some of the baked goods were actually pretty decent. There was a decent amount of variety on offer: "Western breakfast," "Asian breakfast," "Coffee/tea in restaurant," "Desserts in restaurant," "Salad in restaurant," "Soup in restaurant".

The Pool: My Zen Paradise (But Where Were the Cocktails?)

Okay. This. This is where the Residence Inn really shines. The "Swimming pool [outdoor]" was… amazing. Seriously, the "Pool with view" was something else. Sparkling water, sunshine, and a perfect place to just exist. (And, okay, maybe do a little bit of work on my laptop). The "Swimming pool" was HUGE and the "Poolside bar" was sadly not operating. This was a bummer. I was dreaming of cocktails and instead got… tap water. Huge missed opportunity, Residence Inn!

Spa, Sauna, and Other Relaxation Stations:

While the hotel did boast a "Spa/sauna," "Sauna," and even a "Steamroom," I, unfortunately, did not get around to using them. I was told it was a little small and that the temperature in the steamroom could not be regulated. The "Fitness center" did look decent, but mostly I just wanted to float in the pool. It's the perfect way to recover after the "Body wrap" and "Body scrub", if that fits your schedule.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Beyond the Pool

Beyond the pool, the Residence Inn also seemed to offer various "Services and conveniences" that were a godsend for a busy traveler like myself. "Daily housekeeping" was appreciated, as my room was always well-maintained. "Concierge" and "Luggage storage" were helpful when I needed them, but I am not sure if the concierge was always available.. "Laundry service" and "Dry cleaning" were also great, though I didn't need them. I also was excited that Pets were allowed, but unfortunately the hotel did not allow pets!

Important note that my stay was not a work trip, as I spent most of my time relaxing. However, the hotel did offer a "Business facilities" and also "Meetings," and "Meeting/banquet facilities".

Cleanliness and Safety: Covid-Era Concerns (Hand Sanitizer, Anyone?)

The Residence Inn did seem to be taking Covid-19 precautions seriously. I saw "Hand sanitizer" readily available, and staff did wear masks. The "Daily disinfection in common areas" made me feel… okay, it made me feel better. "Rooms sanitized between stays" was reassuring. There were "Safe dining setup" and "Staff trained in safety protocol" also.

For the Kids: Babysitting & Family Fun (Maybe?)

I don't have kids, but I did notice they had "Family/child friendly" amenities. "Kids meal" options were available. However, I saw nothing in the way of an actual "Kids facilities". There was no "Babysitting service" listed.

Getting Around: Airport Transfer & Parking Pains (Sort of)

"Airport transfer" was not offered. "Car park [free of charge]" was a HUGE win. Finding decent parking in Dallas is a nightmare. "Car park [on-site]" was another plus.

The Verdict: Would I Go Back?

Honestly? Yeah, probably. Despite a few minor hiccups, the Residence Inn Arlington South provided a comfortable, mostly relaxing escape. The pool alone makes it worth the stay. If they get that poolside bar sorted, it becomes a near-perfect home base for exploring Dallas. I'd rate it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. Just pack your own cocktail ingredients (and maybe a decent tea bag). And remember, that's just my honest opinion, take it or leave it – but at least you're informed!

Escape to St. Charles Charm: Your Perfect Country Inn & Suites Stay

Book Now

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is a Residence Inn Arlington South, Dallas, Texas, experience… unfiltered. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable choices, and the absolute thrill of reality. Let’s dive in, shall we?

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Texan Hunger Games

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): Okay, so the flight was… turbulent. Let’s just say I now have a newfound respect for the phrase “fasten your seatbelts.” Actually, more like a stranglehold on that seatbelt. Luggage retrieval? Smooth sailing (thank God). Then, the car rental… well, let’s just say the guy at the counter clearly hated his job. He grunted more than he spoke, and I’m pretty sure he assessed my financial solvency with a single, withering glance.
  • 2:30 PM - Check-in at Residence Inn Arlington South: The exterior? Charming enough, in a slightly faded “been-here-since-the-mid-90s” kind of way. The lobby? Smelled faintly of chlorine and… something else. My room? Surprisingly spacious! Okay, the decor screams "beige," but hey, at least I have a kitchenette. Bonus points for the free wifi. Lifesaver.
  • 3:30 PM - The Search for Sustenance (And Sanity): Listen, after that flight, the airline food, and the car rental ordeal, a human needs sustenance. And I needed it badly. My initial plan was a fancy-schmancy brunch. No dice. Turns out, Texas brunch is a commitment. So, Plan B: Whataburger. Yep. Judgment accepted. But seriously, that patty melt? Worth the calories and the inevitable existential dread of eating out of a paper bag. That. Was. Good.
  • 4:30 PM - Texan Road Rage Trials (Optional, but highly recommended): Driving in Texas is a sport. Get ready for merging, abrupt stops, and the constant feeling that you’re about to be run over by a pickup truck. I swear, every other car is a massive, lifted, red-wheeled beast. I actually saw one with a bullhorn. I rest my case.
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Deliberations (The Struggle is Real): I was determined to find real Texas BBQ. But choosing a BBQ joint? It's like choosing a favorite child. After intense Yelp research (and a few minor meltdowns), I settled on… well, I won’t say yet. Spoiler alert: It was amazing! The brisket practically melted in my mouth. The sides? Glorious, greasy, and utterly perfect. Felt like heaven. Needed a nap after that.

Day 2: Theme Parks, Thrills, and the Terrors of Tourist Traps

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast Debacle (or "Is it Really Free?") Residence Inn offers a continental breakfast. Free food! YES! But it was a zoo, and by the time I got there, the scrambled eggs looked… questionable. The coffee? Strong. Too strong. It's okay, I went with the cereal.
  • 10:00 AM - Six Flags Over Texas: The Rollercoaster of Emotions: Okay, I'll admit it. I’m a sucker for rollercoasters. But… those lines! Good lord. The worst part? The expectation of fun. You queue for ages, and then the ride is over in, like, two minutes, and it’s never as good as you hoped. Still, the feeling of weightlessness is addictive. I rode Titan and got slightly sick. But, hey, I survived.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch Apocalypse (The Food Court Fiasco): Theme park food. A cautionary tale. Expensive, mediocre, and likely to induce a sugar crash of epic proportions. I opted for a sad, soggy pizza. Regrets.
  • 3:00 PM - Back to the Rides (The Fear Factor): After a brief respite, I braved the lines again. This time, I tried the Texas Giant. My heart leapt into my throat. Still, I was glad I went.
  • 5:00 PM - Shopping (A Necessary Evil / Retail Therapy): Souvenirs! Gotta get 'em. I walked around the shops in search of a cowboy hat. Turns out, choosing a cowboy hat is as hard as choosing a BBQ joint. I eventually settled on a somewhat ridiculous one. Judgment accepted.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner & The Aftermath: Okay, so after Six Flags, I collapsed. I actually did not go out. I ordered a Domino's pizza to the hotel. I ate half of it. I crashed. It was perfect.

Day 3: Culture, Comfort, and the Quest for a Decent Cup of Coffee

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast Revisited (and Redemption!): Back to the continental breakfast. This time, I went early, and the eggs looked marginally less… concerning. The coffee, still strong, but better. Small victories!
  • 10:00 AM - Driving Around: I decided to go see the Dallas Cowboy's stadium. It's impressive. I am not a Cowboys fan, but you absolutely can't deny the scale of the stadium.
  • 12:00 PM - Late Lunch: After the stadium, I decided to drive around. I found a great taco stand, and enjoyed it.
  • 2:00 PM - Relaxation and Reflections: I went back to the hotel. The pool was closed. I read a book. It was great.

Day 4: Departure and the Emotional Baggage of Travel

  • 9:00 AM - Final Breakfast: The End of an Era: One last glance at the slightly-too-beige walls of the Residence Inn. One last sad waffle from the breakfast bar.
  • 10:00 AM - Check-out and Goodbye: Surprisingly painless. The front desk lady was actually nice. Okay. The world isn't all bad.
  • 11:00 AM - Airport Bound: The drive to DFW. This is bittersweet. Excited to go home. Tired of all the driving.
  • 1:00 PM - The Flight Home (And the Post-Trip Blues): On the plane. Looking out the window. I can smell brisket and hear the screams from the roller coasters. I want to go back. I have no regrets.
  • 3:00 PM - Home: That's it. Done.

The Final Verdict…

So, was it perfect? Absolutely not. Did it have moments of sheer, unadulterated chaos? You bet. Did I eat too much, spend too much, and question my life choices at least a dozen times? Possibly. But that’s travel, right? It's messy, imperfect, hilarious, and utterly, wonderfully human. And, dammit, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Chattanooga Escape: District 3 Hotel's Unforgettable Luxury

Book Now

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States```html

Escape to Dallas: Residence Inn Arlington South - FAQs (And My Actual Thoughts!)

Is this "luxurious stay" thing at the Residence Inn Arlington South legit? Like, are we talking penthouse suite vibes?

Okay, "luxurious" is *definitely* a loaded word, isn't it? Let's be real. It's a Residence Inn. Which means... clean. Functional. Decent complimentary breakfast (more on that later, oh boy). Did my room have gold-plated faucets? Nope. Did it feel like living in a castle? Uh-uh. But... and this is the key... it **felt like a comfortable escape.** After a looooong day of… well, whatever your "escape" entails, a decent bed and a separate living area (because, blessedly, those Residence Inns have them) *does* feel pretty darn luxurious in a "finally, I can breathe" kind of way. It's luxurious compared to, say, crashing on a friend's futon after a night of questionable decisions. Which I, ahem, haven't done in a very, very long time... *cough*. So yeah, "luxurious" in a *relatable* sense.

What's the breakfast situation like? I'm a breakfast fiend.

Breakfast. Oh, breakfast. Okay, listen. The buffet is…consistent. Think of it as performance art in the realm of breakfast. You've got your scrambled eggs (which, let's be honest, are what they are, right? Kind of, like, a…textured yellow substance?), the pre-made omelets that probably came from a factory that specializes in them, the sad little sausages, the waffles that are your friend (always). The pastries are hit-or-miss, but the coffee? The coffee is strong. You *need* the coffee. I mean, there was this one morning, I swear I saw a guy straight-up *weep* into his coffee mug because he hadn't had caffeine in three whole days. I get it, man. I *get* it. They do have a make-your-own-waffle station. That's a win. Waffles are the universal sign of "things are probably going to be okay." At least for the next thirty minutes.

Is the location convenient? I'm planning to hit up some Dallas attractions.

Alright, the location is *fine*. It's in Arlington. So you're not *in* the heart of downtown Dallas, if that's what you're after (which, admittedly, I can be a little much… so maybe this is a good thing). You'll be close to Six Flags, AT&T Stadium (Go Cowboys!…or whatever), and various other "entertainment" options. This is where I encountered my biggest hurdle. Getting *anywhere* in the area felt like a labyrinth of highways and access roads. I'm not joking, I am so bad with directions. It's like my brain has a built-in GPS that's permanently set to "lost." I spent more time getting lost. I can still hear my GPS’s mournful voice, "In 300 feet, bear right. Recalculating route." The first time I used the GPS, my brain felt like it was actually melting. But, the hotel is good because it's a good starting point. Just….give yourself extra time. And perhaps, a very detailed map. Or a really patient friend. I needed both. Several times.

What about the rooms? Are they spacious enough?

YES! This is one of the best things about Residence Inns! Yes, they are spacious. They're freaking *suites*. Separate living area, bedroom, a little kitchenette… glorious! It really does help when you're crammed with luggage and all your "essentials." I once stayed in a tiny hotel room where you had to climb over your suitcase to get to the bathroom, and this is the total opposite. I could actually, like, *breathe*. I could spread out my stuff. And if you're traveling with others, you have a little bit of privacy. It's a lifesaver. Seriously. I think I’m going to become a Residence Inn convert. Although, I might get lost on the highway trying to get there...

Is there a pool? Because, pool.

Yes, there is a pool! But… (and there’s always a but, isn’t there?). It was a little… underwhelming. It wasn’t huge, it wasn’t particularly fancy, and the water was… well, it was water. Perfectly functional water! Nothing to write home about. Although, I did see this little kid gleefully splash around and thought, "Yeah, that's the magic, right there." So, pool: present. Fun factor: depends on your definition of fun. I'd give it a solid 6/10. The chlorine smell, though, was *very* present.

What was one thing that really stood out to you during your stay, good or bad?

Okay, this is a big one. The *people*. The staff. They were genuinely... nice. Friendly. Helpful. Like, actually, truly, *trying* to make your stay pleasant. I'm not just saying this. I had a minor, completely ridiculous problem with my key card. And probably some other things. There was the highway mishap, and… a small incident involving my rental car and a parking space I *thought* was mine. These people were so patient. I’m pretty sure I made a mess of my trip. And the staff, they just smiled, helped me out, and pretended I wasn’t a walking disaster. They made me feel welcome. Honestly, that’s worth a lot, especially when you’re trying to "escape." So, yeah, they were awesome. Shoutout to the front desk folks and the breakfast crew. You guys rock. You really do.

Would you recommend this hotel for a Dallas "escape"?

Okay, so, "recommend"… It depends. Are you looking for over-the-top luxury? Probably not the best option. Are you on a budget? Then perfect! Are you just trying to get away, get some space, have a comfortable place to crash after a day of exploring (or getting lost on the highway)? Absolutely. The rooms are great. The staff is fantastic. The location is…well, it's Arlington. Fine. It's a solid, reliable, comfortable place to lay your head. And frankly, sometimes, that's all you need. Especially when you're busy creating your own…uh…”escape.” Which, apparently, involves multiple wrong turns and a profound lack of highway sense.
```Hotel Bliss Search

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Residence Inn Dallas Arlington South Dallas (TX) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Dallas: Luxurious Stay at Residence Inn Arlington South!"