
Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Green Field Hotel, Ubud
Escape to Paradise? Green Field Hotel, Ubud – A Chaotic, Confessional Review
Okay, buckle up, because this isn't going to be your typical, sanitized travel review. This is a dump of thoughts, feelings, and probably some questionable decisions, all fueled by my stay at the Green Field Hotel in Ubud. The "Unforgettable Luxury"? Well, let's see about that. Let's spill some tea (while hopefully sipping a decent cup from the Complimentary tea offered, because, listen, caffeine is essential).
Accessibility: Let's Start on the Right Foot… Mostly?
First things first, I'm not a wheelchair user, but even I noticed some… inconsistencies. The website blurb promises Facilities for disabled guests, which is great! But I didn’t see too much detail on the actual adaptations. I did note that the Elevator was thankfully present though. More details on this are needed, Green Field!
Getting Around: The Ubud Shuffle & the Car Park Caper
Parking? Yes, there's plenty! Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site] both get a thumbs up. BUT. Be prepared for the Ubud traffic. It's a beautiful, chaotic ballet of scooters and cars, and sometimes getting Airport transfer to the hotel feels like a victory in itself. Taxi service is also, of course, available; I'd advise it, especially if you're tired from the flight.
Checking In: Smooth or a Struggle?
Check-in/out [express] and Contactless check-in/out – good! I appreciate efficiency. Then again, Front desk [24-hour] means someone's always there, which could also be a boon if things go sideways, which they often do on my trips. This is where I should mention that I almost knocked over a vase during my check-in. Don't ask. I still maintain it was a poorly placed vase.
Room Rundown: My Personal Sanctuary (or Crime Scene… depends on the day)
Now, the room. Ah, the room. It was… a room. Honestly! I had a Non-smoking room, obviously, because I’m not looking to create a nicotine cloud over this review. It had Air conditioning (thank the heavens), which was a godsend because, Ubud heat! The Blackout curtains were chef's kiss perfect for sleeping off a long day of exploring.
Coffee/tea maker? Essential! I practically lived off that thing. Free bottled water? Gotta keep hydrated, people. The Internet access – wireless worked great; the Free Wi-Fi was everywhere which was so important. Desk, Laptop workspace – yes to both. I even had a Refrigerator—perfect for keeping Bintang beers chilled!
There were some flaws, mind you. The Bathroom phone seemed a bit… unnecessary. And the Mirror situation? Could’ve used more. I need to see how disastrous I'm looking on a daily basis. Other than that it was a decent layout.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized Nirvana or Germ Warfare Zone?
Okay, this is where Green Field REALLY shines. In the age of pandemics, this is ESSENTIAL. The Anti-viral cleaning products and Daily disinfection in common areas made me feel safer than usual. Rooms sanitized between stays? YES! And the Room sanitization opt-out available gave me that extra peace of mind. Plus the Hand sanitizer everywhere, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items – it all added up to feeling like I could actually breathe easy, which, let’s be honest, is a luxury these days.
Food, Glorious Food: From Asian Breakfast to Midnight Snacks
The Green Field Hotel offers a buffet, which I loved! Breakfast [buffet] was amazing. The Asian breakfast was a great choice that I would recommend. They have an A la carte in restaurant for those who want it and a Coffee shop where you can go to get a coffee if the buffet isn't enough. A Poolside bar is ideal for your midday cocktails. Room service [24-hour]? Let's just say there were a few nights I took full advantage of that!
Things to Do & Relax: Massage Madness & Poolside Bliss…
Now for the fun stuff! The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous, though the Pool with view is even better! I think I spent half my time in the pool just floating, staring at the views. Pure bliss.
And the Spa? Oh. My. God. Get your Massage on! Seriously. One of the best massages I have ever had. I might have fallen asleep. I definitely drooled. No regrets. They also have a Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. Basically, if you can't relax here, you have issues you need to work out.
The Quirks & the Curveballs: A Few More Thoughts
The hotel has Kids facilities, which is awesome, and a Babysitting service if Mum and Dad need some alone time, so if you are traveling with kids, great choice. I did notice a few people taking advantage of the Couple's room, which seems like a good option for couples. There's a Gift/souvenir shop for the last-minute presents you forgot to buy (I took full advantage of it). They also have Additional toilet, which is always a blessing.
The Verdict: Worth the Escape?
Honestly? Yes. Green Field Hotel isn’t perfect. It’s not a flawlessly curated experience. But it's got that chill Ubud vibe, mixed with a genuine commitment to safety and (most importantly) a killer massage. It's a place where you can relax, recharge, and let all the everyday chaos of life melt away, hopefully with minimal vase-related incidents. Despite my less-than-graceful moments, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Just maybe I'll take a more direct route to the check-in desk next time.
Luxury Katy Escape: Courtyard Houston Katy Mills Hotel
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, Instagram-filtered Bali itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, a chaotic dance with green fields, questionable street food, and the glorious mess that is me trying to find enlightenment (or at least decent Wi-Fi) in Ubud. This is my Green Field Hotel Ubud Bali itinerary – prepare for the glorious train wreck!
Day 1: Arrival & Ubud Indecision
- 1:00 PM: Land at Denpasar Airport (DPS). Already sweating. Bali humidity is no joke. Pre-booked a driver. Fingers crossed he actually shows and speaks passable English. (Anecdote: Last time I tried the "negotiate a taxi" route, I ended up in a screaming match with a dude who smelled suspiciously of durian. Lesson learned: pre-book, even if it costs a few extra rupiah.)
- 3:00 PM: Arrive at Green Field Hotel. Oh god, the bougainvillea! Instagram moment number one. Actually, it's gorgeous. Check-in is a breeze, thank the travel gods. Room is… well, it’s clean, the aircon works, and the view of the rice paddies is breathtaking. My inner peace barometer is already rising.
- 3:30 PM: Unpack (sort of). Decide immediately that this will not be one of those trips. No perfectly folded clothes. No matching outfits. Victory is mine!
- 4:00 PM: Pool time! This is crucial for immediate relaxation. Water is delightful. Observe other guests. Notice a couple having a screaming match. Sigh. Love is… complicated.
- 5:00 PM: Attempt to walk into Ubud center. Get lost almost immediately. The map on my phone is lying to me! Find a small warung (local Balinese restaurant) and order Nasi Goreng. It's the perfect first meal, a delightful introduction to Balinese cuisine.
- 6:30 PM: Decide Ubud is overwhelming. Wander around, a bit lost, then find a small shop and buy a sarong. This is crucial tourist garb. It makes you feel (slightly) more local, even though you're probably still fumbling with it.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at a restaurant recommended by TripAdvisor. It's pretty. The food is nice, but the wait staff seems to be in a trance. Overpriced cocktails? Absolutely, but worth it for the aesthetic.
- 9:00 PM: Crash into bed, utterly exhausted and slightly sunburned. Future me: remember to wear sunscreen, idiot!
Day 2: Rice Paddies, Monkeys, & Spiritual Failures
- 7:00 AM: Wake up to the sound of… roosters. Welcome to the Bali countryside, people. Coffee and a banana from the buffet. Buffet food is always a gamble. Today, the gamble paid off!
- 8:00 AM: Attempt a walk through the rice paddies. This sounds so serene. It was serene… until the heat hit me like a wall. Beautiful, though. Utterly gorgeous.
- 9:30 AM: Tegalalang Rice Terraces! Oh. My. God. You thought the pictures did it justice? Nope. This place is a postcard come to life. Get slightly overwhelmed by the beauty. Take approximately 8,000 photos.
- 10:30 AM: Decide to try the "swing over the rice paddies." Immediately chicken out. Look at the people swinging, think "Nope." Admire their bravery.
- 11:30 AM: Ubud Monkey Forest. The monkeys. THE MONKEYS. They're hilarious, mischievous little beggars. (Anecdote: Almost lost my sunglasses to a particularly cheeky one. Quick reflexes saved the day! Probably.) Get slightly unnerved by their utter lack of fear. They're kind of terrifying, in an adorable way.
- 12:30 PM: Picnic lunch near the monkey forest. Sandwich gets stolen. Sigh. Nature is a harsh mistress.
- 2:00 PM: Attempt meditation at a yoga studio. Fail miserably. My mind is a whirlwind of grocery lists and travel anxieties. Maybe enlightenment isn't for me.
- 4:00 PM: Explore the local art market. The bargaining is a sport. Get a beautiful painting which has a little bit different tone than the original, a happy accident! Bargain hard, then feel guilty. Rinse and repeat.
- 6:00 PM: Trying to find a cooking class but I can't. My inner foodie is sad.
- 7:00 PM: Eat food. Delicious food. Try a new Warung, and eat it. Eat it all.
Day 3: The Temple, the Massage, and the Realization
- 7:30 AM: Another buffet breakfast. Feeling more confident.
- 8:30 AM: Visit Tirta Empul Temple (Holy Water Temple). The water is cold, but cleansing. The energy is palpable. Feel a slight stirring of… something. Maybe inner peace isn't completely out of reach. Observe the rituals, feel the awe, and take approximately 500 more photos.
- 10:00 AM: Get a traditional Balinese massage. This is, without a doubt, the best massage of my entire life. The masseuse is a tiny, powerful woman who works miracles. My knots are gone. I feel like jelly. The world is a better place.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a cafe with a view of the Campuhan Ridge Walk. Walk is good, but my physical condition isn’t good. So i decided to stick to the cafe and eat.
- 2:00 PM: Stroll. See more local shops, more beautiful things. Start to feel like I might, possibly, maybe, understand why people fall in love with Bali.
- 4:00 PM: Decide I need more massage. Go to the same place. Do whatever it takes. Feel like I am on a totally different planet.
- 6:00 PM: Get dinner on my own. Sit at the restaurant and people-watch. Realize that maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to get the hang of this solo travel thing.
- 7:30 PM: Reflect. The day was good.
- 8:00 PM: Walk around the town, buy some street food. Feel a little bit in love with Bali. Maybe, just maybe, this trip is going to change me (for the better).
Day 4: Goodbyes and a Slight Sense of Calm
- 7:30 AM: Last buffet breakfast. Sigh. Already missing this place.
- 9:00 AM: Final dip in the pool. Soak up the sun, the peace, the sheer beauty.
- 10:00 AM: Check out of the Green Field Hotel. Feel a pang of sadness. This place has grown on me.
- 11:00 AM: Head to the airport. Reflect on the messy, imperfect, utterly wonderful experiences.
- 1:00 PM: Board the flight home. Promise myself to come back. Sooner rather than later.
So there you have it. My Green Field Hotel Ubud Bali experience, unfiltered and honest. It wasn't perfect. It was hot. I got lost. I overspent. But it was also beautiful, transformative, and utterly unforgettable. And that, my friends, is the magic of Bali. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go book another trip.
Escape to Sonesta Select Columbia: MD's Hidden Gem!
Green Field Hotel, Ubud: Reality vs. the Brochure (and My Brain)
So, is Green Field Hotel actually paradise, like the photos suggest?
Paradise? *Hmph.* Okay, look, the photos are beautiful. Lush greenery, infinity pools that make you *think* you're important. But, and this is a big but (you know, the kind that starts to ache after a long flight...), reality has a way of... tempering expectations. The first thing I noticed was the humidity. It's like someone wrapped you in a warm, slightly damp towel and refused to let go. I arrived totally jet-lagged, and well, it was like being embraced by a polite sauna. You'll acclimate, eventually. Ish. Don't expect Instagram perfection every single second.
What's the deal with the rooms? Are they as luxurious as they seem?
Okay, the *rooms*. Mine was... nice. REALLY nice. Four-poster bed, mosquito net that actually worked (a HUGE win in my book), and a balcony overlooking... well, not quite the rice paddies of my dreams, but a very pleasant garden. The bathroom? Spacious! Marble! And then... there was the shower. It took me a solid five minutes of fiddling with the taps to get the water temperature right. First scalding, then freezing. Finally, a lukewarm drizzle. Honestly, it made me feel one with nature, in a "struggling to survive" kinda way. But, you will be happy with the rooms.
And the pool? Don't lie. Is it worth the hype?
The pool… Oh, the pool. The infinity pool that looked like a portal to another dimension, I am not kidding. The kind that promises Instagram immortality. It *is* gorgeous. Seriously stunning. Picture this: me, emerging from my room, hair perfectly messy (thanks, humidity!), taking deep breaths, and that first moment when your body hits the water and your tension just... melts. Okay, it was perfect. Totally worth the hype. Only downside? Sometimes, you have to *share* it. And if you’re like me, and get a little awkward when it’s crowded, its a definite downside.
What about the food? Is it all healthy-eating, yoga-retreat stuff?
Ah, the food. Okay, yes, lots of fresh fruit. Lots of beautifully presented salads. Acai bowls that probably cost more than my first car. But here’s the secret: they also have mie goreng. And nasi goreng. And, and, and… all the delicious, guilty-pleasure Indonesian food your heart desires. I, personally, dove headfirst into the deep fried banana. Zero regrets. Food is great, service is fantastic. Just be prepared for a slower pace of service, you're on Ubud time, baby! And try the balinese coffee. It changed my life. Though, I think I am slightly addicted now.
Tell me about the staff – are they as friendly as everyone says?
Oh. My. God. The staff. They are the true gems of Green Field. Honestly, they’re ridiculously, almost suspiciously, friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. You ask for something, poof, it appears. You stumble around, lost (me, constantly), and they're there with a smile and a gentle pointing finger. I’m talking genuine warmth, this wasn’t the fake, forced smiles you get sometimes. I’m pretty sure I saw a guy practically *run* to hold the door open for me once. The kind of staff that makes you feel like you're the most important person in the world. I actually felt guilty complaining about the shower! Almost.
What's the best thing you experienced at the hotel?
Okay, this. Okay, this is a story. So, it was raining (because, Ubud). And I was feeling a bit… ‘blah.’ I’d wandered into the hotel spa, mostly to escape the downpour (and maybe judge the prices, because, let's be honest, I'm on a budget). I saw *the* massage. The Hot Stone Massage. This involved warm stones, soothing oil, and a masseuse with hands of… well, pure magic. I hesitated. Yes, a proper massage felt like an extravagance, but the rain was relentless, and the hotel felt like it was whispering to me. I think that’s the story. Anyways, I took the plunge, and after that the world was ok, the sun started shining. Worth every. Single. Penny. I kid you not. It was pure bliss. The kind of bliss that makes you forget about your problems, your worries, your… well, everything. I remember the feeling more than I remember the actual massage. It was like my body was melting. And the next day, I was still glowing. The memories… are even more worth it.
Any drawbacks to consider?
Well, the location is GREAT, but it does mean you are near the main road. And depending on your room, you *might* be able to hear the scooters at night. Not terrible, just… there. Also, wifi. It's… hit or miss. Perfect for disconnecting, which I loved. But not so great if you're a social media addict (guilty as charged). And, the biggest one? Leaving. Because once you’re in the Green Field vibe, you don't want to leave.
Would you go back?
In a heartbeat. Scooters, humidity, and fluctuating wifi – they all fade away when you reminisce about that pool, those staff members, and that bloody amazing massage. Green Field Hotel? It's not perfect, but it *is* pretty close to perfect for me. Next time, I'm booking the massage first! And maybe bringing earplugs, just in case.


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Green Field Hotel, Ubud"