
Escape to Paradise: Casa Di Roma Awaits on Paros Island
Escape to Paradise: Casa Di Roma Awaits on Paros - Or Does It? A Review. (Brace Yourself!)
Okay, so the marketing spiel for Casa Di Roma on Paros Island practically screams "idyllic escape," right? Well, after my recent trip, let's just say I've got a few thoughts, a whole lot of tan lines, and a review that's probably going to be a bit… all over the place. Buckle up, buttercups. This is going to be less a polished travelogue and more a drunken, sun-kissed rant (kidding…mostly).
SEO & Metadata Bites (Gotta keep those robots happy, even if my soul isn't.):
- Keywords: Paros, Casa Di Roma, Greece, Hotel Review, Spa, Swimming Pool, Accessible, Wheelchair Friendly, Wi-Fi, Luxury, Restaurant, Family Friendly, Paros Island Hotels, Vacation, Travel, Review, Cyclades, Greek Islands, Casa Di Roma Review
- Meta Description: Unfiltered review of Casa Di Roma on Paros Island! Accessibility, food, spa, and more. Get ready for sun, sea, and…opinions! Is it truly paradise? Find out in my honest review.
First Impressions & the Quest for Accessibility (or Lack Thereof):
Right, so Casa Di Roma. The website photos practically ooze luxury. Crisp white buildings, infinity pools, the works. My initial priority was accessibility. My sister uses a wheelchair, and finding truly accessible accommodations in Greece can be a Herculean task. The brochure promised. It promised.
Accessibility: Sigh. It was… a mixed bag. The website stated wheelchair access, but the path to the pool seemed a bit…challenging. Steep slopes, gravel paths… let's just say my sister and I ended up playing a new game called "Pushing the Wheelchair Olympics." The staff were good about helping, bless their hearts, but a more thoughtfully designed infrastructure would have saved a lot of sweat (and a few near-tumbles).
Wheelchair accessible: Yes (sort of), but be prepared for some physical exertion and assistance.
Facilities for disabled guests: This needs some serious improvement. Ramps? Wider doorways? Think it, design it!
The Spa & the Pursuit of Bliss (and a Mild Panic Attack):
Okay, now for the fun bits. Spa! I needed a spa day after the wheelchair wrestling match.
Spa: Yes! Oh, sweet, sweet yes! I started with a Sauna, which was glorious. Steamy, fragrant, and a perfect escape from reality (or, you know, the relentless sun that was starting to fry my brain).
Steamroom: Also excellent. Melted away muscle tension like butter.
Massage: Indulgent. The therapist worked out knots I didn't even know I had. My neck felt like a newly oiled machine. I actually almost fell asleep, which is a rare occurrence for me.
Body wrap and Body scrub: I went for the whole enchilada. The body wrap was… well, imagine being cocooned in warm, fragrant mud. Blissful. The body scrub was invigorating. I left feeling like a newborn, albeit a slightly muddy one. My skin felt like silk. I almost cried when I saw myself in the mirror.
Pool with view: The views were gorgeous, a true spectacle.
But… then the internet died and I was stranded alone in the steam room, which I'm never sure you're meant to do.
The Foot bath was a great start to the experience, but overall the Spa/sauna was a much needed element.
Things to Do/ Ways to Relax: This is where Casa Di Roma shined.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Beautiful! The infinity pool looked like it melted into the sea. Divine.
- Swimming pool: Yes, more swimming pools!
- Gym/fitness I am not an athlete, I did not go here.
- Fitness center See above.
Internet & Wi-Fi: Is This a Parallel Universe?
The marketing blared Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and Internet.
Internet access – wireless Okay, this mostly lived up to the hype. When it worked. Honestly, the Wi-Fi was as temperamental as a Greek god. It cut out at the worst possible times: while I was trying to order room service, while my sister was trying to order dinner, and while I was trying to get information from the front desk.
Internet access – LAN: Did they have an Ethernet port in each room too? What is this, 1998?
Internet services: They tried, bless them. But the reality? Intermittent at best. It was like playing a game of Wi-Fi Whack-a-Mole.
Wi-Fi in public areas: Better in the lobby, but still not stellar.
The Room: Ambiance & An Inexplicable Lack of Outlets:
Available in all rooms
- Additional toilet Oh, yes
- Air conditioning Essential.
- Alarm clock: Still a thing.
- Bathrobes: Luxurious and welcome.
- Bathroom phone: Why?
- Blackout curtains: Slept like a baby.
- Carpeting
- Closet: Adequate.
- Coffee/tea maker: Yes and no
- Complimentary tea: A nice touch.
- Daily housekeeping: Efficient and friendly.
- Desk:
- Extra long bed: Spacious.
- Free bottled water: Essential in the Greek sun.
- Hair dryer: Provided.
- High floor: We were on a higher floor
- In-room safe box: Good security
- Interconnecting room(s) available: Didn't need it.
- Internet access – LAN: I don't know, I didn't use them.
- Internet access – wireless: Intermittent
- Ironing facilities: Thank goodness.
- Laptop workspace: Yup.
- Linens: Crisp and clean.
- Mini bar: Expensive
- Mirror: Fine.
- Non-smoking: Thank goodness
- On-demand movies: Waste of time, terrible selection.
- Private bathroom: Yes.
- Reading light: Needed this.
- Refrigerator: Yes
- Safety/security feature: Yes.
- Satellite/cable channels: Fine.
- Scale: Ugh.
- Seating area: Adequate.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Fine.
- Shower: Functional.
- Slippers: Provided
- Smoke detector: Present.
- Socket near the bed: Where were they?! This was my biggest gripe! I had to unplug the lamp to charge my phone!
- Sofa: Comfy.
- Soundproofing: Pretty good, despite the party that went on until 3 am one night.
- Telephone: For calling reception about the Wi-Fi, of course.
- Toiletries: Fine.
- Towels: Plentiful.
- Umbrella: Essential.
- Visual alarm: Never used it, but good to have.
- Wake-up service: Used it.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Intermittent.
- Window that opens: A must in the Greek heat!
The room itself was lovely, with a balcony overlooking the sea. The decor was stylish and modern. HOWEVER… the placement of electrical outlets was a crime against humanity. I swear, they were scattered around like little afterthoughts, making charging phones and laptops a logistical nightmare.
The Food, Glorious (and Sometimes Questionable) Food:
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Let's talk food.
Restaurants: The hotel had several dining options. A la carte in restaurant: Yes Asian cuisine in restaurant: Yes Bar: Yes, open late. Bottle of water: Provided in the room, and purchasable, of course. Breakfast [buffet]: The breakfast buffet was epic. A huge spread of everything from fresh fruit and pastries to cooked-to-order omelets. Breakfast service: Buffet in restaurant: The primary option for breakfast. Coffee/tea in restaurant: Standard. Coffee shop: Decent coffee. Desserts in restaurant: Delicious. Happy hour: Yes. International cuisine in restaurant: Offered. Poolside bar: Essential. Room service [24-hour]: Fantastic, though, again, difficult to order with the Wi-Fi. Salad in restaurant: Yes Snack bar: Yes. Soup in restaurant: Always. Vegetarian restaurant: Not sure of a dedicated place but many options. Western breakfast: Offered. Western cuisine in restaurant: Plenty.
Breakfast in room: Good when you can get internet
Breakfast takeaway service: Not sure.
The breakfast buffet: A work of art, overflowing with possibilities.
**The
Lake George Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travel itinerary. This is a REAL trip to Casa Di Roma in Paros, Greece, and it's gonna be… well, it's gonna be me. Prepare for a bumpy ride.
Casa Di Roma & Paros: A Totally Unfiltered Odyssey (with maybe a small dose of reality)
Day 1: Arrival & the Great Olive Oil Debacle
Morning (or whenever I actually wake up after that red-eye): Arrive at Paros Airport. First impressions? Tiny. Adorable. Makes you feel like you’ve stepped onto a movie set, which is either amazing or sets ridiculously high expectations. We’ll see. Getting a transfer to the hotel is… a little chaotic, but in a charmingly Greek way. Like, "Where's the car, boss?" "Oh, it's… around. Just… be patient. And have some sunshine."
Afternoon: Check into Casa Di Roma. Rooms? Surprisingly spacious, and the balcony? OMG, the balcony. Ocean views that make you want to weep. Probably because you just remembered you need to unpack. Cue minor freakout about wrinkled travel clothes. Decide to embrace the wrinkles. Embrace everything, even the chaos!
- The Olive Oil Incident: Okay, here's where the real fun begins. A quest for proper Greek olive oil that’s not from a corner mart. So the family and I decided to go to a local olive orchard. The owner, bless his heart, was a little… enthusiastic. He took a deep breath, and started blabbering about the history of olive oil, which, yes, is fascinating, but I'm getting lost. I tried to say “I'm allergic to gluten, so I can't eat the bread and appetizers” but instead, I somehow said “I am a gluten monster and can’t get enough of your bread!” He looked at me as if I had three heads.
Evening: Dinner at a taverna recommended by the hotel. Stumble through the Greek alphabet trying to order. Successfully procure: grilled octopus (amazing), some sort of mystery casserole (also amazing), and way too much retsina (regrettably amazing, at the time). Wander back to the hotel with happily stuffed bellies.
Day 2: Beaches, Boats & Questionable Sunscreen Choices
Morning: Beach day! Head to Kolymbithres beach. The rock formations are unbelievably cool. Like, Mother Nature went wild with a sculpting tool. Sunscreen application becomes a slightly panicked event. Did I put enough? Did I put it everywhere? Probably not. Prepare for impending lobster-esque glow.
- Anecdotal: The Boat Ride Fiasco: Okay, we thought booking a boat tour would be a good idea. Romantic, a chance to see hidden bays. Wrong. Apparently, I have a terrible sense of direction when at sea. We ended up going in circles for an hour. The captain, bless his patience, just kept sighing and saying, “Almost there…” I swear, I saw the same rock formation four times. The best part, however, was the picnic that was somehow prepared (and survived) with no problems: cheese, vegetables, fruits, and the wine continued to flow!
Afternoon: Lunch on the beach, a mix of sun and sea. Nap under a beach umbrella. Woken up by a seagull that clearly has a vendetta against my sandwich. Revenge is sweet, I guess.
Evening: Wander through Naoussa, the village. It's postcard perfect. The water is clear. The boats bob in the harbor. Try to take photos that capture the beauty, fail miserably. Realize I'm not cut out to be a travel photographer. Dinner, more tavernas, and more retsina. This is a trend.
Day 3: Windmills, Wine & Mild Melodrama
Morning: Explore Parikia, the main town. Visit the Church of 100 Doors. It's old. It's impressive. It's hot. Need more water. Maybe a small gelato… okay, probably a large gelato.
- Quirky Observation: The Cat Census: Greek cats. Everywhere. They're sunbathing, they're judging you, they're begging for food. I swear, if there were a cat census, Paros would win hands down. They are cute, however.
Afternoon: Wine tasting at a local winery. Swirl, sniff, sip, pretend to know what I'm talking about. Actually enjoy some of the wine. Buy a bottle to bring home, break it, and cry a little afterward.
Evening: Find a quiet rooftop bar for sunset drinks. The view is truly, breathtakingly gorgeous. Experience a feeling of profound happiness, intertwined with a vague sense of existential dread. It's the perfect travel emotion, right? Dinner… same drill.
Day 4: The Great "Do Nothing" Day (and possibly a mild sunburn)
- Morning: Sleep in. Lounging by the pool.
- Afternoon: Continue lounging. Maybe read a book, or contemplate the meaning of life. Eat a late, leisurely lunch.
- Emotional Reaction: REALITY, I might have gotten a sunburn.
- Evening: Dinner or drinks, depending on the mood. Embrace the ease of the day.
Day 5: Heading Out; Leaving Casa Di Roma
Morning: One last look at that gorgeous view, one last perfect swim in the ocean, one last chance to try to capture that perfect photo.
- Anecdote: The Great Luggage Mishap I'm going to miss Greece.
Afternoon: Arrive at the airport, check-in, then wait. One last chance to absorb the sights, sounds, and smells of the island.
Evening (or Whenever): Head home, already planning the next trip while cleaning up and getting ready for tomorrow.



Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Casa Di Roma Awaits on Paros Island"